Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 15-09-2016, 08:20 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentSun
A lot of cultures did indeed eat a lot of foraged plants, especially in the warmer months. But meat was much more abundant in colder weather and Arctic climes.
This is a very important point. There are some situations in which meat would be the only option for sustenance.

Not a stab at vegans, but a legitimate question. Would you hunt, or would starve if these were your only two choices?
Old 15-09-2016, 09:19 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasai Keira
This is a very important point. There are some situations in which meat would be the only option for sustenance.

Not a stab at vegans, but a legitimate question. Would you hunt, or would starve if these were your only two choices?

Live in the Frozen North/Arctic - why?

In any case, the days of igloos and seal skin clothing are over. The Inuit live in houses in settlements nowadays with shops supplied by lorries.

In answer to your question, though it's irrelevant, no, I wouldn't hunt and kill. I live by my principles and I'd die by them, if it came to it.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 15-09-2016, 10:04 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
Live in the Frozen North/Arctic - why?

In any case, the days of igloos and seal skin clothing are over. The Inuit live in houses in settlements nowadays with shops supplied by lorries.

In answer to your question, though it's irrelevant, no, I wouldn't hunt and kill. I live by my principles and I'd die by them, if it came to it.
The world is a chaotic place, and sometimes bad things happen. And it isn't just the arctic; any place that has a cold enough winter to freeze could pose this threat should society somehow collapse.

No question is ever irrelevant on our journey of discovery. Questions are how we all learn, dear knight. A question like this should be an important one to all of us. It is a testament to how firm we are in our spiritual practice.

And I am glad to hear that you are confident and convicted in your beliefs. :)
Old 15-09-2016, 11:47 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
What makes you think those calamities WON'T happen?

That is not an answer to my question.

Quote:
Do you really think scientific studies aren't biased by the corporations that fund them?

The studies I refer to are among other reported by respected universities. I trust them. If you don't that's your choice.
Those studies align with advice by government institutions here in Holland about food choices: moving to a plant based diet is beneficial for health.

If you prefer to live in the wild, please do so. Please try to respect my choice to live where I do. I am fine.
Old 16-09-2016, 12:23 AM
Super Moderator
Serpent Sun,
It is such a wonderful thing to have even a small portion of land and the freedom to put up a Yurt or good strong, weatherproof simple dwelling, and to live close to the Earth.....and such a thing is more than possible. It is a rewarding and decent life, though of course involves hard work. But the work is honest and good, and even the occasional frustrations are nothing compared to some problems. I wish you all the best in finding such a creative life.
One day it will happen. Keep going in your truth and it will. Be kind to your old mother in law. Care for her well.

I lived in a similar way once and those days were among the happiest of my life. Even as an old woman if necessary I would be more than happy to live in a Yurt under some trees.
Old 16-09-2016, 12:35 AM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
I lived in a similar way once and those days were among the happiest of my life. Even as an old woman if necessary I would be more than happy to live in a Yurt under some trees.
This would be glorious! To spend the rest of my days gardening and enjoying nature. I envy those that have had this opportunity. <3
Old 16-09-2016, 12:43 AM
Super Moderator
True. It's a nice way to live....but very easy and wonderful when 27. Adaptations required when one is an old person! 70s....80s. Backs don't work like they used to....Sometimes some young guys to help put up Yurt or climb up trees using ropes to chainsaw down dangerous overhanging branches threatening to "summer drop" etc etc can be very useful! Usually food offerings or some beer can come in handy!
Old 16-09-2016, 02:53 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Serpent Sun,
It is such a wonderful thing to have even a small portion of land and the freedom to put up a Yurt or good strong, weatherproof simple dwelling, and to live close to the Earth.....and such a thing is more than possible. It is a rewarding and decent life, though of course involves hard work. But the work is honest and good, and even the occasional frustrations are nothing compared to some problems. I wish you all the best in finding such a creative life.
One day it will happen. Keep going in your truth and it will. Be kind to your old mother in law. Care for her well.

Thank you! Many people are much less understanding or encouraging.
Old 16-09-2016, 10:52 PM
Super Moderator
The good thing about a Yurt or similar is it is classed as a "movable dwelling". Thus you may be able to get around planning laws which can be so intrusive even in your own private life and on your own patch of land!! The same cannot be said for solid structures, and that can end sometimes in great disappointment and sadness and upset.
Of course, planning laws vary from country to country.
In the UK the planning officers take no prisoners. I know someone who had a beautiful solid structure with veranda, chickens, her own land. It was the most peaceful lovely place with woodstove, etc. She had to tear it all down, cried many tears, and was forced to rent out a cottage only yards away from her own patch of land! Of course -at a price! And with no mercy.
Of course, it was based I believe on decent principles at first -such as sound building regulations, sanitary regulations etc....but has degenerated into a 'nazi' regime and a money-making venture by local councils and seems to be run by robots incapable of independent thinking or any form of flexibility!
Old 17-09-2016, 01:20 AM
Experiencer
I don't think you should blame local councils for upholding the laws. If it wasn't for them the whole countryside would by filled up with houses by people with more money by now.
Not a single spot of green would be left at all anymore.