Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 20-07-2014, 04:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Zack

Aside from that, I've had a few periods of weeks or months where it's tough to swallow food. I don't know if there's a relation to the above, unless an 8 year old kid can already have esophageal damage.

A few weeks or months of not eating!@ That can definitely cause lots of problems --esophageal or otherwise!

OK. I take that your dislike of eating came from some feeling of being trapped at the table. [If I thought it would help in the discussion at all, I'd wonder if this was a past-life thing, because almost everyone begins eating in a "trapped" position. The baby is "trapped" when breast feeding. Kids are strapped into high chairs, sat in them next to tables, tucked into restaurant high chairs. It is somewhat common.]

And so just eating in the living room allowed you to relax about eating? So, now, at age 20--you can eat where/when you like, right?

Were there lots of rules around eating in your house? I'm sorry, but I'm still looking for a reason for the extreme resistance. To me it's like saying, I don't like to breathe. It's kind of inconceivable to me. And when you talk about not being able to eat for long periods of time as if it is nothing, I question more.

To me (and I may be all wet here), there is something that doesn't make sense in this story. It seems as if you are focusing on things that happened much later than this whole pattern began--like summertime or winter or stress. But this went a long time without being addressed--or being denied, which is more what it feels like to me.

I know you're here to pursue the problem, but it still feels like you are dismissing large parts of this as "normal". This is as basic to survival as you can get (save breathing), so it is a big deal.

Am I the only one who sees this story this way? Sorry not to be more helpful, Zack (not your real name)!

Lora
Old 20-07-2014, 07:23 AM
Running Zack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless
You might start out a little slower then. I think we are all here, at the basic basic of us all, to learn how to love ourselves, unconditionally. That's a tall order for most of us. Try this and see what I mean. Stare at yourself in the mirror in the morning when you go to brush your teeth and say " I love myself" as many times as you can stand. See if you can feel if you believe it or not. If you don't, and I certainly didn't - though that did surprise the heck out of me - do it anyway. During the day, remind yourself to say to yourself that you love yourself. Do it as much as you remember to, for one week.

And if, after one week, you still don't believe it, keep doing it until you do. Things will pop out at you, that tell you that of course you don't love yourself, because look at what you are saying to yourself, and you'll begin to see the things you are telling yourself. But do it anyway. Ignore that voice, and keep going.

Isn't that force, though? A lot of material I've read in the past was specific on allowing things to happen by themselves and not making them happen unless it was joy-based action or something along those lines. I could attempt to do this, but it reminds me of saying "I'm happy!" while depressed and it's pretty fake in my opinion, even though I can't imagine any other way on how to love myself.

Quote:
After you have told yourself you love yourself, you might tack on, I trust my body. I think the underlying statement you are telling your body is that you don't trust it. If you tell yourself you trust your body, whether you believe it or not at first, your body reacts to your thoughts and if you think it enough, it will respond, and after awhile you will believe it. Your body takes its cues from you, so give it some good ones for a change. You can trust your body.

This one, I agree with. I will begin doing this now and see what happens. Over the years, I've been conditioned into fighting against my body and thinking it's out to get me or never does what I want it to. Of course, whatever problem I have lasts longer whenever I do this. My Mom avoids getting colds by denying the symptoms, and I instantly complain and draw attention to when one's beginning, which makes it develop a lot easier and last a good week.

Quote:
When you breathe, try breathing in joy for a change. Joy is all around you. Tell yourself you are breathing in the joy all around you , and breathe it all the way down to your toes. Do this in the morning, and see if that doesn't feel better.

Connect your body to the earth. Do as Tobi suggests, go out in nature, be in nature, sit under a tree, under the canopy, and see if you can feel the trees love. Take your shoes off and plant your feet in the grass or the dirt and see if you can feel the earth's energy flowing up through your feet. It is always flowing through us, but you need to be connected to the earth to feel it for yourself.

I like these suggestions, too. I'll try both of them tomorrow.

Quote:
Ask your guides for help right before you go to sleep. You have them, and they love you unconditionally. If you ask for their help, they can help you, but sometimes we have to ask first.

I've read a little bit about spirit guides in the past few months, but don't understand how to get their attention and am not sure if it's a matter of belief or something really does happen after following a certain protocol. As I've said, I am quite new to all of this.
Old 20-07-2014, 08:08 AM
Running Zack

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
A few weeks or months of not eating!@ That can definitely cause lots of problems --esophageal or otherwise!

OK. I take that your dislike of eating came from some feeling of being trapped at the table. [If I thought it would help in the discussion at all, I'd wonder if this was a past-life thing, because almost everyone begins eating in a "trapped" position. The baby is "trapped" when breast feeding. Kids are strapped into high chairs, sat in them next to tables, tucked into restaurant high chairs. It is somewhat common.]

And so just eating in the living room allowed you to relax about eating? So, now, at age 20--you can eat where/when you like, right?

Were there lots of rules around eating in your house? I'm sorry, but I'm still looking for a reason for the extreme resistance. To me it's like saying, I don't like to breathe. It's kind of inconceivable to me. And when you talk about not being able to eat for long periods of time as if it is nothing, I question more.

To me (and I may be all wet here), there is something that doesn't make sense in this story. It seems as if you are focusing on things that happened much later than this whole pattern began--like summertime or winter or stress. But this went a long time without being addressed--or being denied, which is more what it feels like to me.

I know you're here to pursue the problem, but it still feels like you are dismissing large parts of this as "normal". This is as basic to survival as you can get (save breathing), so it is a big deal.

Am I the only one who sees this story this way? Sorry not to be more helpful, Zack (not your real name)!

Lora

Surprisingly, I don't actually go weeks or months without eating when I have trouble swallowing. I have to drink water with every bite, which takes a long while when it has to be "timed" perfectly to avoid choking, and eating this way somehow makes me starving all the time. I figure eating is eating, but nope, I will feel as if I haven't eaten a crumb if I constantly chase food down with a drink or take longer to eat a meal. (maybe it's my emotional state or the way my body feels when I'm like this, the way I eat likely has nothing to do with it but that's the only mild proof I have) This results in me having to eat very often, and thus focus even more attention on something I don't like to think about. The constant hunger has been on and off for a few weeks, but it was raging from November until June with chunks of only a couple days where it stopped. I had two acupuncture appointments recently and have been taking a special tea, which has helped, so eating lately hasn't been a big deal except for the past few days' nausea.

I wouldn't be opposed to it being a past life issue, I read an interesting article about birthmarks and reincarnation last night and see how there could be truth in that. The thought of breastfeeding doesn't make me feel bad, but being in a high chair gives me a feeling of wanting to squirm and get out, despite not being in one now. If infants didn't lack so much awareness, I'd wonder why they don't freak out over being locked in those things.

Yeah, I can eat wherever I want to now. I meant to say I've been eating downstairs, this room takes up almost the full floor so I do a lot of things here. The living room upstairs used to be the safe room to eat, but I eventually became uncomfortable eating in there because my Mom was close by. It's not a permanent thing where I can't eat around her, but I like to be alone when these issues flare up.

Rules about eating as in what I could or couldn't eat? If so, not really. I was mostly given healthy food but there was a lot of what kids consider good laying around as well. Apparently, some kids who have eating problems were told by their parents that they were fat, but that wasn't the case for me. I do remember my Dad getting mad and yelling at my brother and I that we'd "be in the f*cking hospital with a feeding tube" if we didn't start eating. That must have been one of the building blocks for this, seeing as I was 4 or 5. It was hyperbole anyways, I did eat but just wanted to be left alone so I wasn't so anxious or able to eat at another time when I felt like it. If anybody here has seen the movie "A Christmas Story", there's a scene where the uptight Father is getting furious because his young son doesn't want to eat until he shows his Mom "how the piggies eat" by rubbing his face in dinner and snorting. Aside from the second half of the sentence, that's pretty much what it was like for me.

I am focusing on events that happened much later than the possible development of the problem, although I was asked about why Summer 2008 was so bad and it is significant due to the outbreak of constant anxiety. Things that have happened in the past decade are much clearer than from when I was 5, due in part to kind of making an identity based on how sick I am. My brother and I have spent so much time freaking out, being sick, and worrying that we eventually talked about it to death and reaffirmed many of our thoughts. (even if they're incorrect) I think the problem wasn't addressed for a long time because I didn't know what it was. For years, it was as basic as "I'm scared for dinner because I have to eat at the table and I'm already nervous, so it could get worse and I could throw up", and I'd either 'survive', or become sick and just sit there waiting to be dismissed. Very rarely, I'd have a panic attack or come close to throwing up, but that was only a couple times a year maximum. Around 2008, I was able to finally label it as anxiety/panic instead of an empty statement of "I'm going to vomit", even when it didn't always come down to just throwing up, I couldn't describe it past that.

It is a big deal to have dealt with this for so long, but that's the thing. I've spent parts of so many years feeling like **** over many things, mostly eating, so the response is usually "great, this again" and hoping it goes away. It's kind of a normal thing for me. Nobody I know except my brother has experienced this, and I'm really getting sick of worrying about pointless sh*t that people aren't supposed to worry about...it's ridiculous!

You're right in that this goes a lot deeper than the more recent periods of time that I'm describing, but it's difficult to establish what the very first instance was that caused this to continue for so long.
Old 20-07-2014, 01:39 PM
Master

One of the principles of spirituality is, "Take what you want and leave the rest." So, if something someone suggests rings true for you, then you might try it. If it doesn't, don't.

I think the idea behind that is that, obviously, we are all different, but 2, we are all vibration, and we are vibrating on different wavelengths. That explains why we have the preferences that we have.

The "I Love You" in the mirror was the first step for me in learning to love myself. It did feel forced, and it didn't feel good, but I kept saying it anyway. It brought up a lot of my emotional stuff for me, out into the open where I could deal with it. It is hard to deal with buried things.

I found out what I was telling myself, in my unconscious patter that we all have.

A belief is a just a thought you keep thinking.

A belief doesn't have to be true, but you can't find out if it is true or not until you question it. Trying to find the root of it is helpful, but even if you can't, you can question if the belief feels good or not. If it doesn't feel good, change it.

Spirit Guides: there is a section on the forum for spirit guides. I was raised Catholic until I was 12, so I already had a built in belief in a guardian angel. So, years later, when I came across the idea, it wasn't something I resisted, it was something I was familiar with. My belief is that we have a guide with us throughout our livetime, helping us and loving us from the Other Side. Most people have more than one, but everyone has at least one. So, whether you can hear them or not, you can talk to them and they hear you. If you listen to your gut, and follow your impulses, you might see signs of them. You also have the dearly departed that like to check up on you now and them (passed over relatives). They like to leave signs too. You have all kinds of help from the Other Side.

My first introduction to that was Sylvia Browne's, Adventures of a Psychic. It is maybe not the best written book in the world, but it gives an idea of what being psychic is and what spirit guides are, in a very pragmatic way.

Other Book recommendations:

Seth Speaks, by Jane Roberts
Ask and It Is Given, by Esther and Jerry Hicks
Soul Love, by Sanaya Roman

You can go on amazon and do a quick look feature, and read the first few chapters of any of these books, to get a sense of it you like them or not, but they are all channeled material and might give you a flavor of what a "spirit guide" is, although they never once call themselves spirit guides...

Take what you want and leave the rest.

Here is Seth on Beliefs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlrhvAYgwH8

My 2 cents: stop focusing on what you think your body can't do, and focus on what it can do and start appreciating that. Grab the other end of the stick...
Old 20-07-2014, 03:27 PM
Master
Quote:
My 2 cents: stop focusing on what you think your body can't do, and focus on what it can do and start appreciating that. Grab the other end of the stick...

Ditto.

Lora
Old 21-07-2014, 07:52 AM
Running Zack

Quote:
One of the principles of spirituality is, "Take what you want and leave the rest." So, if something someone suggests rings true for you, then you might try it. If it doesn't, don't.

I think the idea behind that is that, obviously, we are all different, but 2, we are all vibration, and we are vibrating on different wavelengths. That explains why we have the preferences that we have.

The "I Love You" in the mirror was the first step for me in learning to love myself. It did feel forced, and it didn't feel good, but I kept saying it anyway. It brought up a lot of my emotional stuff for me, out into the open where I could deal with it. It is hard to deal with buried things.

I found out what I was telling myself, in my unconscious patter that we all have.

A belief is a just a thought you keep thinking.

A belief doesn't have to be true, but you can't find out if it is true or not until you question it. Trying to find the root of it is helpful, but even if you can't, you can question if the belief feels good or not. If it doesn't feel good, change it.

Spirit Guides: there is a section on the forum for spirit guides. I was raised Catholic until I was 12, so I already had a built in belief in a guardian angel. So, years later, when I came across the idea, it wasn't something I resisted, it was something I was familiar with. My belief is that we have a guide with us throughout our livetime, helping us and loving us from the Other Side. Most people have more than one, but everyone has at least one. So, whether you can hear them or not, you can talk to them and they hear you. If you listen to your gut, and follow your impulses, you might see signs of them. You also have the dearly departed that like to check up on you now and them (passed over relatives). They like to leave signs too. You have all kinds of help from the Other Side.

My first introduction to that was Sylvia Browne's, Adventures of a Psychic. It is maybe not the best written book in the world, but it gives an idea of what being psychic is and what spirit guides are, in a very pragmatic way.

Other Book recommendations:

Seth Speaks, by Jane Roberts
Ask and It Is Given, by Esther and Jerry Hicks
Soul Love, by Sanaya Roman

You can go on amazon and do a quick look feature, and read the first few chapters of any of these books, to get a sense of it you like them or not, but they are all channeled material and might give you a flavor of what a "spirit guide" is, although they never once call themselves spirit guides...

Take what you want and leave the rest.

Here is Seth on Beliefs:

Thanks, Nameless. I'll branch out to more of the forum and look up spirit guides, as well as trying to change my thoughts. The nausea was going on for almost all of today (yesterday by now, I guess) and was only gone when replaced with throat pain (not a sore throat, though) which I hope is just a returning cough from being sick recently. Either way, it all seems like an emotional thing I need to work out.
Old 30-10-2014, 01:46 AM
VisionQuest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Zack
I found a PDF of the book online and have been reading it for a little while, it makes sense that castor oil could work. I'll finish more of the book and likely order some off Ebay, although it's too bad I'd have to wait several days for it to arrive.

As a few members' posts predicted/hinted at, the nausea has come back within the past couple hours although it's mostly confined to having a really weak feeling in my stomach again. I remember having this feeling for almost an entire Summer in 2008, and later included/led to asthma attacks and severe anxiety for years. Parts of this Summer feel like a reflection of 2008, so I'm getting scared lately over what else could happen. Of course, talking and worrying about it so much really doesn't do me any favors.

Slippery Elm Bark and Chamomile tea can be found at a local Health Store or Organic store, every store should have the chamomile tea. These would be good to use daily to prevent ulcers and to aid in healing as well. They work fast but not as deep as the Castor Oil Packs ...... the Anxiety attacks need be faced directly! Some authors who have PROVEN techniques for this are: Vernon Howard, Guy Finley, Carl Jung (Man And His Symbols) , Thich Nhat Hahn (Mindfulness) . These take daily effort and practice, but the benefit exceeds the time spent!