Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 11-03-2014, 04:16 PM
Deactivated Account

This is random. When I saw the title I was immediately reminded of Olaf from the movie,Frozen. This is his definition of love. and it is a strong point and cute :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upzRUDLaIlE
Old 12-03-2014, 02:23 AM
AdAstra

Love is a journey. Love is real.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:06 PM
OSPREY1

If you say so,

from what I have seen of humans woman marry for money, security, status and image and men marry out of want of a trophy wife, desperation, or just plain old settle.

I see only biology and humans living to there predetermined biological programming.

But a word like any other.
Old 13-03-2014, 12:58 AM
Deactivated Account
Love is not exclusive to marriage; in fact, many marriages exist without love.

To me, love is being kind to and accepting of yourself and then wishing for others the same positive feelings. Love is not a finite quantity, but for me, it is experienced in differing qualities: even though I may have only a few loving connections with one person or animal, it does not diminish that Love in comparison to someone very close to me with whom I have several, deep connections. I believe Love is a very real energy; you're born with the capacity to tap into this energy and become a conduit for it to flow through you into your environment. You must love yourself first before you can extend this love fully to another. Being open to receiving Love is another aspect of fully connecting with another in a loving relationship. Love doesn't depend on "what you're going to get in return." Sometimes "you get nothing in return" except that glorious feeling that emanates from within when you're tapped into this energy.

The word "Love" is most often used incorrectly when talking exclusively about romantic interests. Many times, this kind of love is purely based on biological attraction and other factors like you mentioned above.

(Off track: do you like ospreys? One tried to attack me and my friends when I was 12 or 13...magnificent, fierce birds!)
Old 13-03-2014, 05:08 PM
Nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueClover
This is random. When I saw the title I was immediately reminded of Olaf from the movie,Frozen. This is his definition of love. and it is a strong point and cute :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upzRUDLaIlE

Oh~~~~ I love it...
Old 13-03-2014, 11:06 PM
Ayachan

When u start meeting new people , over time someone well be in your mind all days for no resone , mybe you don't like her/him at first or even they far away to be Ur type , but suddenly u just start to care about them even if u don't know a lot about them u just care , u will wish if u can see them always , u will do things u usually don't do but for them u will , u will feel like if u were someone els , short answer love is when a person will make u so happy just because u had to see them even from far away , love is a happy feeling some time painful feeling if the other didn't like u back , any way it's different love depend on the person u love like u love Ur mother and father , u love Ur family , friends , kids , that special person , Ur dog or cat ,all these are different kinds of love , u will know that u r in love when u r in love .
Old 18-03-2014, 06:26 AM
Ummon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktbhw0v186Q
Old 18-03-2014, 06:36 AM
Master
when you put aside everything that is not love, then love remains; it cannot be sought. if i say it is such and such i confine it and personalize it. love is not possession, love is not jealousy etc

my question would be: What isn't love?

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 18-03-2014, 12:25 PM
AdAstra

Love is a journey. Love is a feeling in your body which can be confused or combined with emotion. Love is healing. Love is in your heart. I could write a million things and more that love is.
Old 18-03-2014, 01:13 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSPREY1
I have never felt the need for the company of other humans, in fact it brings me nothing but discomfort.

To me, this speaks volumes. You don't enjoy being around other people. It sounds like you do enjoy your solitude, right?

So, who cares if most of the population is involved in love relationships? There are plenty like you who are not. You're not "supposed" to feel or engage in anything that makes you uncomfortable.

It sounds like you really have disdain for those who do engage in relationships and you enjoy your "clean" status- so, if it's not broke, don't fix it.