Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Closed Thread

Old 15-03-2007, 04:19 PM
Aero

[size=2]This looked like the best place to put this comment so I won
Old 15-03-2007, 08:31 PM
angelicious

Fantastic Aero, I hear you.
Old 16-03-2007, 12:02 AM
Bob23

Hey Amy,

Bob just wants to say thanks for bringing this up.

I've met some very interesting people who try to stay mindful of their attachments and desires to the point that they desire to not have desire and attachment! lol

Ofcourse they do end up having a good laugh at their own expense about this 'loopy' way of attracting the very thing they try to avoid and thereby seem to create more chasing of their own tail/tale! lol

Another interesting thing that seems to happen is that: when they give up or collapse under a tree of hopelessness...a small and very subtle realisation begins to dawn about the very understanding that they ardently tried to achieve...was right where they're sat...all along!

All that searching and seeking can sometimes lead to a collapse of an idea about Liberation being somewhere other than right where the seeker is!

When what is saught, is found to be in the very act of seeking...then it is realised that there is nowhere to look for what already is here.

Take yourself to no outside authority...Including any interpretation about what the Buddha may have or may have not said!

How simple.

Home all along eh!

Just be,

Bob23.
Old 16-03-2007, 12:22 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

"Desire" is perfectly natural.. and it doesn't lead to suffering.. it is when the object of desire eludes us or the desire is unfullfilled and we identify with that object we can't have, that is the basis of suffering.. as if you are something less that who you are, if you don't acquire the desire.. i have many desires, some manifest, some don't.. neither condition defines me, it is, what it is.. if my path is corrupted because i pursue the desire, suffering will soon be my companion..

Be well..
Old 17-03-2007, 08:03 AM
Enlightener

Wise words Tzujanli (as always) :-)

Enlightener Z
Closed Thread