Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 26-06-2016, 12:49 AM
Newbie ;)

Suggestions

Hello, I have been trying to seek some help for my son he is 20 years old and for the past two years has began a journey into trying to reach a his higher self. He has actually become quite knowledgeable about chakras and has actually been able to Astral project several times. At one point he was thriving with all this new found knowledge but now he has completely withdrawn from his everyday basis living. He has cut off close friends and has be quite isolated. He's very open with me however I am not sure how to help him find a balance. We live in NYC any help or advice you can provide would be so appreciated.
Old 26-06-2016, 04:40 AM
Master
It seems like he should have school or work. Those are basic requirements in my book. Some people don't believe that but I do. It is what adults do unless there is a medical problem.

When you become more aware of otherworldly things, then mundane affairs don't seem as interesting and it is hard to relate to people who are not in synch.

Maybe he has outgrown his friends or they have grown apart. They might be busy with their lives and that is what happens.

I would just encourage him to find his path and that encompasses a spiritual path and a mundane path, which is career. What is he doing about that? He needs to build his life and nobody is going to do that for him. He should have guidance and if he doesn't then he should get in touch with that. That is the key. Chakras don't matter,or OBE's if you don't have your guidance.
Old 26-06-2016, 09:22 AM
Seeker

It might be that he just needs this down time to process what he's learned so far, but there is a risk with becoming so immersed in spiritual development that you become completely ungrounded, which can lead to a kind of psychosis and a detachment from reality. When you're isolated and exposed to multidimensional information without a point of reference to the normal and mundane, your ability to make sense of things in a 3D world can get pretty muddy.

We've incarnated to exist as physical humans... having said that, it's not uncommon for someone with a strong spiritual calling to have a period of time where they do withdraw, before emerging having developed mentally and metaphysically, in order to take that forward to the next stage of their lives. Shamans refer to it as a shamanic crisis, and many major spiritual figures have stories of going into some kind of wilderness and coming out of it evolved, as if in some kind of chrysalis stage.

It's definitely something you want to keep an eye on - shamans tend to need a teacher to guide them in order to avoid getting lost in a psychotic state; I believe a lot of diagnosed schizophrenics are individuals who have got stuck in a shamanic crisis and become truly ill because they haven't had the right assistance. That doesn't mean this is what's going to happen to him, but I think self-imposed isolation shouldn't be ignored. You also don't want to alienate him by becoming overly concerned.

Have you looked in the area to see if there are any spiritual communities he might be able to engage in? Buddhist centres often hold meditation groups and they've got some pretty sensible advice on how to stay grounded. You can approach Buddhist philosophy from pretty much any spiritual angle. If he's feeling entirely disconnected from the dull, shapeless mass of current society (which I completely relate to) then he probably won't be receptive to the idea of work or study until he's a bit more reoriented.
Old 26-06-2016, 11:34 PM
Newbie ;)

That makes so much sense and as we speak he lets me know that he is just learning how to deal with everything he has experienced.he actually has plans to meet with a spiritual healer next week he knows he has to stay grounded at this point to really be able to continue to grow with his gifts. I thank you for your reply I know patience is the key and I have to step away and let him grow at his own time I realize that very few are given the gifts you and him are as he's learning so am I.Thank you for your insight.