Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Aromatherapy

Old 20-04-2016, 02:47 PM
Deactivated Account

Black heads

I have blackheads, is there any lotion than can get rid of them? Curious
Old 20-04-2016, 03:20 PM
Deactivated Account

You know what worked really well for my skin? Witch Hazel. It's a liquid astringent you rub on your face. A gal on here recommended it to me. I was getting really bad acne and the Which Hazel has really cleared up my face very well. It's used for other things too. Look into it..

As far as removing black heads, I only know of those nose pads at the drug store in the beauty aisles. If you go on Pinterest and search for "remove blackheads" you'll get TONS of tips and advice. There are natural remedies if you decide to go that route. I just read one that says to use honey, baking soda and lemon as a face mask to remove them. Do a search and check them out. I tried going the natural route using Aloe and lemons, and while it does give a nice temporary healthy glow, it's wasn't powerful enough to take care of my skin problem, I would include a strong astringent to really clear up the oil.
Old 23-04-2016, 04:17 PM
Knower

Mario Badesco silver powder will make them look smaller temporarily. ETA: Cellex-C Speed peel is good too but a bit expensive. Maybe try eBay or see if you can get a teeny sample at Sephora before buying.
Old 28-04-2016, 02:14 PM
Pathfinder
I do bentonite clay masks 1-2 times a week. Helps pull the blackheads from the pores. Afterward, witch hazel is a great idea.
Old 21-06-2016, 04:44 PM
Experiencer

Black heads? Use Elmers Glue. It works as well as the overpriced pads. You just need something that will stick to the little bits that are exposed, and when you pull, it pulls the plug with it. I think I have used tape before, as well. Keep in mind that a black head is a clogged pore, plus dirt. If you scrub and scrub, you won't get anywhere. You need to dry out the sebum (the clog) to make it shrink and come out easier. Whether it's a white head or black, really doesn't make a difference.
Old 09-07-2016, 06:40 PM
Pathfinder
I've tried so many things. This is my personal favorite:
http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/prod...Impprod6430363

Seriously, it feels/looks amazing after just one use, but that might be because I leave it on for about 30 minutes. It's actually really cheap and easy to find (I usually get it at Walmart)
Old 06-08-2016, 06:55 AM
Seeker
I use St. Ives apricot scrub. I have a washcloth i scrub it in hard with. The cleanser itself is very exfoliating and I find it gets deep into my pores. Afterwards I use witch hazel toner. which besides just black heads it's cleared my face completely. It's great for those oily areas like your hair line.

I use both products, in the morning and at night. I also have this little metal rod with a circle wire at the end used for pressing out blackheads. It's not exactly always pleasant to use, but it's great for those that are just too deep or just when you need a full cleaning of the pores.
Old 04-11-2016, 05:03 AM
Ascender
This is what I do for skin care...

-Dead sea mineral face wash

-Face scrub once or twice a week

-a few drops of lavender essential oil massages on face

-pure rose water as toner

-charcoal/dead sea mask once a week

-dead sea mineral lotion

huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge improvements to my skin
Old 17-01-2017, 05:03 AM
Knower

I remember when I had a big problem with blackheads, the dermatologist prescribed me a retinol cream to put on every night for 3 months to bring them out from deep in my skin. It made my skin peel and more susceptible to sunburns, but those little things were just proudly showing themselves at the end of those 3 months! Then, I just used a metal pimple popper stick and they popped right out.