Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Islam Faith

Old 31-08-2016, 05:38 PM
Master
I was going through some of my old poetry the other day and I realized, the evidence of Islam in my heart has been there my whole life.

All the way back to when I was a child arguing with my mother that we were supposed to worship God and not Jesus. Arguing that all the depictions of Jesus throughout the Christian faith were another form of Idolatry.

Back in 2010, my poetry took a sudden transformation as I started to really examine the contents of my own heart and evaluate what was most important to me.

This is one piece that really stood out to me as resonating with part of what I love so much about Islamic faith.

Character Montage

The media chosen to construct the complex treasury of the soul,
exposes to the world the montage of our being.

Its contents,
running from our pores,
like the untamed river,
of the under disciplined mind,
eroding the divine purity of Gods creation,
and leaving in it's place material debris
and artificial values.

Reducing us,
to the living equivalent,
of the over processed food like substances we consume.

Wary one should be.

For what value have a man,
who has replaced his spirit with possessions,
striving only to attain these,
maintaining that they are the measure of his wealth,
rather than the virtue of his heart,
the wisdom of his words,
and the brilliance of his mind.
Old 31-08-2016, 11:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 002 Cents
I was going through some of my old poetry the other day and I realized, the evidence of Islam in my heart has been there my whole life.

All the way back to when I was a child arguing with my mother that we were supposed to worship God and not Jesus. Arguing that all the depictions of Jesus throughout the Christian faith were another form of Idolatry.

Back in 2010, my poetry took a sudden transformation as I started to really examine the contents of my own heart and evaluate what was most important to me.

This is one piece that really stood out to me as resonating with part of what I love so much about Islamic faith.

Character Montage

The media chosen to construct the complex treasury of the soul,
exposes to the world the montage of our being.

Its contents,
running from our pores,
like the untamed river,
of the under disciplined mind,
eroding the divine purity of Gods creation,
and leaving in it's place material debris
and artificial values.

Reducing us,
to the living equivalent,
of the over processed food like substances we consume.

Wary one should be.

For what value have a man,
who has replaced his spirit with possessions,
striving only to attain these,
maintaining that they are the measure of his wealth,
rather than the virtue of his heart,
the wisdom of his words,
and the brilliance of his mind.

< Likes this ^
Old 06-09-2016, 03:13 PM
Master
Quote:
It cultivates: discipline, modesty, humility, compassion, generosity, self confidence, respect for ones self and others... these are the things that most attract me to Islam. The things I would like to cultivate within myself.

I get this...I really, really get this. I completely agree that all people need to be affirmed, fortified, and sustained in these areas. And I completely agree that these are sorely lacking in many of our mainstream cultural patterns and lifeways as they are presented to us and lived out by so many.

For women especially...we are actively obstructed and torn down in these very areas by mainstream culture and by the way men relate to us (which in large part is, unfortunately, simply how they have been culturally schooled to relate to us). I do understand the need to step away from this entire unhealthy and unsustainable arena as it currently exists in the West, and to find and to forge new patterns and lifeways for ourselves as women in the West.

You are choosing what appears to be a very traditional option, which if lived out in the middle east might be a very dangerous one...particularly the bit about apostasy being punishable by death (i.e. cannot leave the faith).

However, if lived out in the West in an environment where your autonomy is your own and cannot be taken from you unless you give it up (and I would never advise trusting another human with your legal and logistical autonomy -- only Spirit)....

...then it can certainly be your own counter-cultural lifeway that sustains and nurtures YOU. Your chosen lifeway clearly and very directly makes the point that you are not an object but that you quietly demand to be treated as a person who is not sexualised by common Western standards but whose garb directs the gaze to the face.

I will say that I personally agree with Semper, in that you can -- and very rightly should IMO -- do and be and stand for all of those same things you admire in Islam regardless of whether you ascribe to all its beliefs or not.

You can certainly stand for your dignity, for modesty and discipline, for self-confidence and a refusal to let the petty, exploitative, oversexualised presentation of women in the West define who YOU are -- Islam or no Islam.

Having said that...kudos to you and good on you for doing whatever is right for you. The intention behind all you are doing, as I understand it, is exactly where women of Spirit will ALL go on their journey, either sooner or later -- and I very much hope it IS sooner. I.e., toward self-realisation and dignity and confidence, and toward a calm, centred, and self-assured refusal to be compromised or to let others use them or define them in ways that are not in alignment with their own highest good.

Peace & blessings
and much love and light to you...
7L

Quote:
@002 Cents,
Sounds to me like have a handle on this. I say this just to give you a little support in the face of some of the doubt others are expressing. If I could offer one last bit of information - it would be that ultimately you do not need a religion to have a close relationship with God. Don't get me wrong, religion is a great vehicle to foster such a relationship and it is just right for many people - but it truly is not necessary. I guess what I'm saying is good for you - and it's awesome you are sticking to your will, keeping an open mind and leaving room for options. I do hope you find what you are seeking.
-- Carl Jung

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 06-09-2016, 07:37 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Arguing that all the depictions of Jesus throughout the Christian faith were another form of Idolatry.

As you know, I am an advocate of people exercising free will, particularly as it pertains to ones faith. Accordingly I have respectfully encouraged you to follow your heart. It is unfortunate to see that your journey has led you down a path where you feel compelled to disrespect and disparage the foundations of another faith while building a relationship with God through Islam. It seems you are beginning to miss an important point in your journey. If I could offer a little piece of advice. It would be to focus your attention on God and your faith in islam and less time with the legitimacy of another's faith - your pride and ego can prove to be a major obstacle to your early growth. In other words, be respectful - particularly so early in your journey.

A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has not overcome them.

-- Carl Jung
Old 07-09-2016, 05:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperVI
As you know, I am an advocate of people exercising free will, particularly as it pertains to ones faith. Accordingly I have respectfully encouraged you to follow your heart. It is unfortunate to see that your journey has led you down a path where you feel compelled to disrespect and disparage the foundations of another faith while building a relationship with God through Islam. It seems you are beginning to miss an important point in your journey. If I could offer a little piece of advice. It would be to focus your attention on God and your faith in islam and less time with the legitimacy of another's faith - your pride and ego can prove to be a major obstacle to your early growth. In other words, be respectful - particularly so early in your journey.

It's interesting that, that is how you took what I said, I was mentioning a struggle I had in embracing the faith my family tried to spoon feed me in childhood... Arguments I made around age 9.

It is however relevant to mention in conjunction to my attraction to Islam as Islam forbids reproductions of the Prophet pbuh. It is extremely important in the faith that people make the distinction between God, his prophets and his messenger.

It is a topic of some debate among Christians as to weather you worship God or Jesus, I've been present for enough of these conversations. In my heart I have never waivered in the belief we are to worship God and only God. An idea that is consistently agreed upon throughout the faith of Islam.

Not entirely sure if you mean to say I was wrong in making the argument as a child or that I was wrong in sharing that I did here... But either way, the point of that post was to provide examples of deep seeded ideals evident even early on in my life, that I feel Islam has addressed for me in ways other faiths I've explored could not.
Old 09-10-2016, 05:54 PM
Knower
Follow your heart and instincts. If you run into haters, just don't mind them. They are obviously blind in the art of loving one another. We're here for you.

Prayers for you

PeaceChic99
When life gets you down and you think it's no use, when you don't know who you are and you have nothing to lose, just know you have friends who think you're worth the while, and they always tell you "Why worry, just smile."
Old 09-10-2016, 07:04 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
It is a topic of some debate among Christians as to weather you worship God or Jesus, I've been present for enough of these conversations. In my heart I have never waivered in the belief we are to worship God and only God. An idea that is consistently agreed upon throughout the faith of Islam.
Christians believe that god incarnated on earth as Jesus. From that perspective Jesus would be god.
Old 10-10-2016, 06:33 AM
Knower
Quote:
It's interesting that, that is how you took what I said, I was mentioning a struggle I had in embracing the faith my family tried to spoon feed me in childhood... Arguments I made around age 9.

It is however relevant to mention in conjunction to my attraction to Islam as Islam forbids reproductions of the Prophet pbuh. It is extremely important in the faith that people make the distinction between God, his prophets and his messenger.

Not entirely sure if you mean to say I was wrong in making the argument as a child or that I was wrong in sharing that I did here... But either way, the point of that post was to provide examples of deep seeded ideals evident even early on in my life, that I feel Islam has addressed for me in ways other faiths I've explored could not.

I agree, I did not see what you wrote about Jesus as putting down Christianity. One should as questions in religion and not follow blindly, regardless of what religion they choose. My mom once said to me, "There are many paths to God." It is pointless to argue why one path is better than another. I have been Muslim for 20 years and was raised Christian. It is a misunderstood religion to many. Follow your heart and don't feel you habe to defend your views, but I encourage you to seek knowledge. Even in Islam just like Christianity and other religions there are varying schools of thought.
Old 19-10-2016, 09:16 PM
Master
I'm ready to take the Shahada. I think I will start practicing reciting it at home.

I will be official very soon.
Old 26-10-2016, 06:21 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
I'm ready to take the Shahada. I think I will start practicing reciting it at home.

I will be official very soon.

Mashallah. <3