Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 19-02-2018, 03:18 PM
Ascender
Guided meditation

I tried guided meditation it was about meeting star family
I never went out of body like the meditation was suggesting.

I did see how ever a man on a horse in a red cape he had a silver helmet on he had this pole on top of the pole this orange light came towards me from the pole his horse kept doing a stance like on its to back legs the horse was white at first then it turnt brown

Then i saw what was an alien the alien had a oblong head with blue eyes from its hands it showed me the merkabah symbol ive seen that before in meditation the merkabah symbol

As i was trying to connect to my star family i got a bit confused by these 2 beings also my aunties spirit was present through this meditation.

A lot went on seeing stuff and my body reacting
Is this normal or my mind over reacting ?
Old 19-02-2018, 04:57 PM
Master
My guess, and it is only a guess, is that it is your mind over reacting to the structure of a guided meditation. Meditation is about fixing the mind onto a single focus, in this case a guided meditation. Our minds don`t like to stop being active so sometimes create this type of imagery to knock us away from the single focus.
However, this is just an opinion and not to be taken as definite, I could well be and am often, wrong lol
Old 19-02-2018, 08:55 PM
Ascender
I find myself questioning if im wrong so your not on your own.
When other times i try meditation i go in a deep state almost most like an unconsious feeling but fear grabs hold how do i over come fear in meditation ?
Old 19-02-2018, 10:26 PM
Master
It's ok to be a little afraid. If you believe in something, whatever it is you believe in (god, Jesus Krishna, Angels etc) simply ask them to watch over and keep you safe as you meditate. But it's ok to back out, just go as far as feels comfortable and then stop if you are afraid. Meditation should be a lovely thing. When you are ready you will push through.
Old 19-02-2018, 10:56 PM
Master
my brain tends to go to weird places visually during guided meditations. I'm not sure any of it means anything, I'm inclined to agree with peteyzen on this one.
Old 20-02-2018, 10:58 AM
Lorelyen

Guided meditation is a swindle, a distraction. How can you meditate with someone telling you what to think and see the whole time? Best to learn meditation techniques then meditate. It takes discipline and practice so be prepared for a little frustration here and there. Find out the best time of your day for it.
Old 20-02-2018, 07:16 PM
Master

It could be that during the guided meditation you entered a deeply relaxed hypnagogic state, where mental images abound. The hypnagogic state is the borderline state between waking and sleeping, and one method of successfully leaving the body is to remain conscious while in this state, holding your awareness on the threshold of sleep, just allowing any images to come and go. Easy to say, very difficult to achieve.

This is marked by a change in brainwave frequency, moving from the normal waking frequencies of beta (14+hz) to the slower more relaxed frequencies of alpha (8-13hz), and down to the theta frequencies (4-7hz), the world of dreams and deep creativity.

So do not be surprised by any such mental imagery. Were these actual entities or were they the creations of your own mind? Who knows. Perhaps the question is, do any of these images have any personal symbolic meaning to you?

Peace.
Old 20-02-2018, 07:35 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Guided meditation is a swindle, a distraction. How can you meditate with someone telling you what to think and see the whole time? Best to learn meditation techniques then meditate. It takes discipline and practice so be prepared for a little frustration here and there. Find out the best time of your day for it.

I wouldn't call guided meditation a swindle or a distraction. It is simply a different practice.

Traditional meditation is the focused concentration of the mind on one object to the exclusion of all else, so the mind becomes still and consciousness merges with the object of meditation.

Guided meditation is more of an inner journey, and it can be helpful to be told each stage of the journey because otherwise the mind tends to wander. This can be very relaxing, and sometimes surprising and unexpected images may appear which could be meaningful.

Personally I think that any inner work has value, and the ability to concentrate and visualise has great benefit.

Peace.
Old 22-02-2018, 08:02 AM
Lorelyen

^^ It's about the subject interpreting someone else's imagination. Ok a practice but it seems at worst destructive of, or at least attenuating of the meditator's own imagination and discipline. It's like using crutches when the person can walk perfectly well but is on a strange path.

I liken it to if I'm trying to compose a piece of music, someone is telling me what to write out.

It has a single purpose to me - helping the very beginner to understand a process and once familiar, they ditch it.
Old 22-02-2018, 01:24 PM
Master
TBH I`m not a big user of guided meditation, That said, all meditation is about focusing on a single focus, holding onto that focus to the exclusion of other thoughts, to quieten the mind. For many people, guided meditation does exactly that. Also, for the unconscious mind, it allows for a similar benefit to hypnotism, where the suggestion of the image or scene of the guided meditation can help the mind set and therefore the health of the meditator. So they do have very good and powerful uses. Interestingly, they can also bring out the ego of folks who cant surrender to anothers instruction, so it has a massive use there too.