Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 23-11-2017, 08:07 AM
Master
Spiritual TV series and films - a list

Hey,

When looking for something to watch I always prefer a spiritual theme of some kind to the series or films. Personally, I like the sci-fi versions where we get to see and experience some of universe's 'loops' interpreted physically. But that is just me, metaphoric films with spiritual messages belong, and also films ON spiritual matters, documentaries and such.

I've found a few such lists online, but I figure the forum must be busting with knowledge and eagerness to share <3

I'll start with some of the Netflix shows that are on right now;

Continuum: time travelling
Sense8: telepathy / soul family connection. The characters keep eachother company across space, and can 'take over' eachother's bodies; a kung-fu master helping her cluster friend who is being attacked by thugs, f.ex. They've managed to film the concept really well i think.
The OA: Mysterious setting w kidnapping where the goal is opening a portal to other dimensions.
The Touch: The 'autistic' child who can connect information 'in the air' and change/direct events.

Then there's one of my favorites the FOX series on dimensions:
Fringe Sci-fi but very loveable, human characters.

And some classic films from Netflix, just to get started:
The Truman Show: The man who discovers he is in a tv-show, where all other people in his world are actors.
The Matrix A hacker is given the opportunity to wake up to reality - the 'reality' he has known was a dream; beyond the sensory illusion a freedom fight is waitin.
2012 Film on the Mayan Calendar anticipation of world destruction/ascension 2012, geological disasters...

And actually in the more documentary category I will add my old favorite; which is actually scientific rather than spiritual, but the effect is the same:):

Lucky People Center International: (1998) A musical oddyssee into what makes up mankind, somehow. And I guess the answer I got was, that what makes us up goes beyond mankind... Innovative and spreading such love.

StarTrek: I read somewhere that StarTrek was actually a 'prepare-your-mind-to-be-blown!"-spiritual tv-series; Comments on that? And where would I start, if I wanted to explore that?

What are some of your 'go-to's?

And we turn our attention to the world, not away. We receive our learning from the songs it sings and the choir of One we're all in.

And while we walk gently, we generate love, healing, the most powerful energy of all, Life!

Soaking in life, we spread the light <3
Old 23-11-2017, 08:23 AM
Master
Ah yes and Lost Girl: A succubus in a world where fae and humans overlap and all sorts of supernatural friends and foes meet. More funny/action than thoughtful, to say the least, but love 'hanging out with fae'... :)

And we turn our attention to the world, not away. We receive our learning from the songs it sings and the choir of One we're all in.

And while we walk gently, we generate love, healing, the most powerful energy of all, Life!

Old 28-12-2017, 07:13 PM
Deactivated Account
Two of my favorite movies, both with spiritual themes:
Cloud Atlas
What Dreams May Come
Old 09-01-2018, 11:41 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Flatliners ( near death experience)

The Crow( unforgettable Brandon Lee)

The Crow: Stairway to Heaven ( another awesome story about reincarnation and justice)
Old 09-01-2018, 07:58 PM
Master
Oh there were responses here - I hadn't seen!

Cool :) Thanks all!

I've seen a bunch of sci-fi:

Arrival was nice
just started on the Netflix seriesTravellers - Im not certain it is spiritual at all, but the premise is a kind of walk-in, so that will have to do

Also, not spiritual per say, but Perception a crime solving series with a schizophrenic main character who is in dialogue with his hallucinations. The show interprets it as the subconcious, but sort of leaves it a little tiny bit open for interpretation that it might be messages from the other side. I like it because the main character is genuinly 'weird' - and it is made acceptable, very liberating.

Old 09-01-2018, 10:12 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realm Ki
Hey,

StarTrek: I read somewhere that StarTrek was actually a 'prepare-your-mind-to-be-blown!"-spiritual tv-series; Comments on that? And where would I start, if I wanted to explore that?
I watch more Japanese films but, High School DxD, Blue exorcist, Fate/Stay (any fo the series). an american one is American horror Story Roanoke
Old 10-01-2018, 01:16 AM
Experiencer
Oh, wow.
Quote:
The Touch: The 'autistic' child who can connect information 'in the air' and change/direct events.
I liked that show. I used to watch the first season when it was airing.
"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII
Old 12-04-2018, 01:40 PM
Master
Afterlife
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4Bsu27f620

https://www.facebook.com/Sean Baker
https://twitter.com/Sean Baker
[/color]
Old 06-05-2018, 01:17 PM
Master
What Dreams May Come
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f98GJgLGckQ

https://www.facebook.com/Sean Baker
https://twitter.com/Sean Baker
[/color]
Old 16-05-2018, 02:46 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realm Ki
Hey,

When looking for something to watch I always prefer a spiritual theme of some kind to the series or films. Personally, I like the sci-fi versions where we get to see and experience some of universe's 'loops' interpreted physically. But that is just me, metaphoric films with spiritual messages belong, and also films ON spiritual matters, documentaries and such.

I've found a few such lists online, but I figure the forum must be busting with knowledge and eagerness to share <3

Continuum: time travelling
Sense8: telepathy / soul family connection. The characters keep eachother company across space, and can 'take over' eachother's bodies; a kung-fu master helping her cluster friend who is being attacked by thugs, f.ex. They've managed to film the concept really well i think.
The OA: Mysterious setting w kidnapping where the goal is opening a portal to other dimensions.

Then there's one of my favorites the FOX series on dimensions:
Fringe Sci-fi but very loveable, human characters.

And some classic films from Netflix, just to get started:
The Truman Show: The man who discovers he is in a tv-show, where all other people in his world are actors.
The Matrix A hacker is given the opportunity to wake up to reality - the 'reality' he has known was a dream; beyond the sensory illusion a freedom fight is waitin.
2012 Film on the Mayan Calendar anticipation of world destruction/ascension 2012, geological disasters...

And actually in the more documentary category I will add my old favorite; which is actually scientific rather than spiritual, but the effect is the same:):

Lucky People Center International: (1998) A musical oddyssee into what makes up mankind, somehow. And I guess the answer I got was, that what makes us up goes beyond mankind... Innovative and spreading such love.

I would urge anyone on this post to get a subscription to GAIA tv. You will be hooked on it and never want to watch anything else. It covers all things spiritual with both movies and documentaries on all subjects. It covers every subject and topic that is in this blog and more. It costs a nominal amount and is a major help in understanding our journeys. There is an answer in the form of a film or documentary on almost every topic spiritually. Well worth the money! Once I got it I can no longer imagine not having it or how I was without it. I only wish to share this because it has so helped me in my ascension process by understanding many things that came along.