Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 23-12-2014, 01:44 PM
Guide
This is a very relevant subject. I am a gay man, and for many years have been subject to social discrimination. Society is only now beginning to review its attitudes regarding this. I believe it needs to be considered from a few angles:

1) Who owns marriage? Does God own marriage, or the church, or the government? I have had to live with my partner for years being unable to marry due to legal discrimination. Historically the laws of the land did not grant the right to marry to same sex couples.
2) The church view the gay lifestyle as an abomination, and we regarded Christianity as a formidable stronghold for bigotry.

After I experienced a Soul Awakening, I concluded that both Government and Religious Institutions are corrupt. We felt we do not need corrupt institutions to approve our love and commitment for each other. We have been a couple for many years. A Message from the Astral plane a few years back stated that they were "popping the champagne to celebrate our union" and that was enough for us.

Marriage does not belong to the land, the church, the government. It is a Soul commitment. The reason people get married and divorced is because of Karma and settling karmic debts and also because people are not compatible. Doing a Natal Report and Relationship Compatibility report should be part of every prospecting couple who wish to tie the knot. Unfortunately people are not spiritually aware and extremely ego-driven. This does not help at all.

My partner and I were together as a couple in 2 previous lifetimes too, and this is our 3rd life together.
Old 23-12-2014, 07:40 PM
Ascender

Marriage is a legal contract, that protects both partners & any children involved should it fail. Most marriages including mine involve a certain amount of property and both parents generally speaking should be able to get access to any children involved. I've been married for 14 years & have 4 children & a house invested in it, & of course my wife has the same amount, neither of us deserve to be ostracised & penniless if the worst happens.
Old 23-12-2014, 07:51 PM
Ascender

Marriage is an outdated and limiting concept ? perhaps if I would meet a nice looking girl perhaps just in her 20s and rich and all that and she wanted to marry me, I might just give it a try to see how outdated the concept is ...will let you know after it happened o.k .
Old 23-12-2014, 08:33 PM
Master
Fish

If I'm not mistaken, the original purpose of marriage was to unite two families together to pool the wealth. And in Tina Turner's words "What's love got to do with it?"

I also feel strongly that children have a right to a strong foundation in childhood, meaning parents who are committed for the long run to giving the child tender loving care from both male and female perspectives. Children should not be viewed as trophies, created carelessly. I also wish society was organized around prioritizing the needs of our children - what an amazing world that would be.
Old 24-12-2014, 11:23 AM
Guide
<<Marriage is an outdated and limiting concept ? perhaps if I would meet a nice looking girl perhaps just in her 20s and rich and all that and she wanted to marry me, I might just give it a try to see how outdated the concept is >>

As everything in this reality - it is all subjective.
It all depends on what your prespective of this life is.
Are you wandering about with no Self awareness / Soul Awareness, just existing, working to pay bills, get married, have kids etc...? Then marriage is important to you and you will view it within all the boundaries created by society and its conditioning.

However, if you are Soul Aware, and live life from the Higher perspective, then it really does not matter ...
The 2 parties may meet, fall in love and decide for themselves how they will shape their future together, regardless of the conditioning of society.
Old 24-12-2014, 12:03 PM
Guide
I think if marriage is important to you then no matter what popular belief is you will look for a partner who shares your belief system. Entering into marriage, is an important step for some of us. It is more than a piece of paper. It is an outward sign, to the world, your families, to everyone that you love each other and are committed to each other. I am not big on what other people think but the commitment beyond self is important to me. To know that I am treasured and loved, and that the person I feel the same way about wants to make me his own, yes that is important to me. I know the idea of marriage is outdated but for me it is not so much what it means in the world but what it means to me and whoever becomes my significant other.

Going back to the title of the thread, "Marriage is an outdated and limiting concept", perhaps. But for some of us it means so much more than a piece of paper and a legal ceremony. I guess it goes back to whatever it means to and for you and that is the most important thing.

I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays/Seasons Greetings.

Peace Love and Light,
SC
Old 24-12-2014, 01:58 PM
KevinO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtar
should I take that in a good way

Try reading some Dylan Thomas.
Old 26-12-2014, 05:24 AM
Experiencer
Marriage is neither bad nor good by itself. It is just a choice in this game we call life. If it feels good -marry, if not -do not. Why limit ourselves?