Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 25-02-2014, 08:05 PM
notxsleeping

How to let love find you instead?

Whenever I get general psychic readings, they always tell me to let love find me instead of looking for love. But I can't help but feel anxiety at my age (26) and going on dating sites lol. How do you let go? How does the manifesting thing (The Secret) work in all this?
Old 26-02-2014, 12:04 AM
Master

Ha, good question, at that age I had the same anxiety as you, and after many years and some experiences I can say it's true. I realised it only later in life that the more you have angst about it the more it evades us. After my mid twenties I started to get stressed and was looking for mr. Right and the oddest thing was the more I did search, the more disappointed I became. It's as if every guy I met I'd look into his eyes and wonder " is this the one " , by doing that I later realised not only was I stressing myself , I projected it without realising it to them and they would run off. Dating was troublesome as I was so focused on it that I'd get frustrated every time I would go out with someone, cause if I didn't feel anything for them ,I'd just get disappointmed right away, not allowing myself to just have fun. And just so you know ,after I grew up a little more and started to just focus on myself and stop being anxious about the whole issue the most special person I ever met just strolled right in . And it came when it was meant to come. Looking back I regret losing all that time, I could of just enjoyed life, had fun and what was meant to happen did when I least expected it to. So focus on your life, try to be the best person you can be and when you start to shine like a star that's when it will come to you. Loving yourself first will draw love to you.
Old 26-02-2014, 10:16 AM
Knower
I agree with Ishtar....I went through the same in my twenties.... I thought I would never find mr. Right.... He found me.. Here's what I did, I hope it helps you.. I got tired of dating. So I stopped, and focused on my self. I made a list of what types of men I was attracting, they were liars and emotionally unavailable.. And then made a list that I wanted in a man.. So I went through almost two years of not dating.. And I saw him before he saw me.. I tried to find out who he was, then one day Eight months later he approached me.. I was so intrigued by him...and then we took it day by day.. I knew he was it for me, but I kept saying to myself don't do that to myself.. It became more clear a month and a half later....Then we married almost two years later.. It helps that the guy really wants the same life goals as you.. And actually means them. You will know if the guy is the right one for u.. It will come to u.. Just work on your self for now and stop dating, he will find you.....I think it's better to identify someone that's emotionally unavailable so you can stay away from them..I hope this helps..
Old 26-02-2014, 10:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by notxsleeping
Whenever I get general psychic readings, they always tell me to let love find me instead of looking for love. But I can't help but feel anxiety at my age (26) and going on dating sites lol. How do you let go? How does the manifesting thing (The Secret) work in all this?

From my viewpoint, trying to find love is trying to force it. In this reality we know that forcing things won't work for our betterment. So, while signing up for dating sites is great, be patient. Chat with people, see who suits you and go from there.

Having love find you is more about letting things naturally take their course than forcing yourself to find love. You still have to do some work, (mentioned above) but with enough patience and love, love will find you. Don't forget to be good to yourself and taking care of yourself at the same time.

All the best
Old 26-02-2014, 02:08 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by notxsleeping

I totally appreciate where you're coming from. I have made a conscious decision to just let go and enjoy myself. The angst around dating is just not worth sacrificing my good vibes for. I've joined a singles outing group and having the time of my life! It's in finding our joy and happiness that we find those who resonate with us to be there along the way. I've been told that when love finds us. haha I'll let you know how it goes ;)
Old 26-02-2014, 08:33 PM
Master

You can find love when you start to love yourself. It's too easy and common to look for others to provide you with that energy but you have to be love, and love yourself in order to attract some real decent partners.

Be glad for not attracting someone who may be wonderful but whilst you develop the love for you, you are growing in to a deeper and richer love that you can attract from someone else.

The anxiety is all part of the "now" scenario, but it's worth waiting.

I'm still waiting and I have 20 years on you!