Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 22-01-2012, 04:43 PM
deepsea

.......and this is where Reincarnation comes in......

Not changing the subject but imagine living a really rotten life in the physical.

Wouldn't you look forward to returning 'home' after all the turmoil of living on the earthly plane?
Old 22-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Humm

How does the world look to the blind? How does the world sound to the deaf? What sense does the world make to the ignorant?

This is what consciousness is, is an understanding of what is in awareness. People only gradually build an appreciation of this, of how the level of true understanding may be very low or very high for any individual element of consciousness, and how in turn this level of understanding within consciousness effects and shapes their worldview. The base assumption is 'What I see is what IS', but slowly we learn that the world is actually very different from what we think it is.

How much more so for Spirit.
Old 22-01-2012, 05:35 PM
Experiencer
My view is that we simply can't get our heads around it. The spirits we talk to have to try to find a way to express spirit in a way that we, with our human experience, understand, and that is an extremely difficult thing to do. We have very limited experience of a physical reality in a small snippet of time and within a small environment, and no comprehension of anything else, so they have no basis for comparison to work with.

Most humans just can't comprehend infinity. That's why most of us avoid thinking very much about the true nature of existence, the infinite vastness of space, the fact that we inhabit a tiny corner of a tiny planet in a tiny corner of a huge universe in a tiny corner of a huge multiverse in a tiny corner of... well, who knows what? As I understand it spirit is anything we want it to be, everything we can imagine is possible, and also everything we can't, and that is a great deal to have to sum up in a sentence, isn't it?
Old 22-01-2012, 05:45 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
.......and this is where Reincarnation comes in......

Not changing the subject but imagine living a really rotten life in the physical.

Wouldn't you look forward to returning 'home' after all the turmoil of living on the earthly plane?

My earthly live hasn't really been an unpleasant one, DS. Even so, going around this world once has been enough for me. Also, I like the "me" that I am, and have no desire to be someone else in another earthly life.

Whether reincarnation is true, or whether we have any choice in the matter: I don't know for sure. But I think "no" to the first part, and I VOTE "no" to the second part!

Jim
Old 22-01-2012, 05:47 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
How does the world look to the blind? How does the world sound to the deaf? What sense does the world make to the ignorant?

This is what consciousness is, is an understanding of what is in awareness. People only gradually build an appreciation of this, of how the level of true understanding may be very low or very high for any individual element of consciousness, and how in turn this level of understanding within consciousness effects and shapes their worldview. The base assumption is 'What I see is what IS', but slowly we learn that the world is actually very different from what we think it is.

How much more so for Spirit.

I believe that you are correct, Humm.

Jim
Old 22-01-2012, 05:52 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westleigh
My view is that we simply can't get our heads around it. The spirits we talk to have to try to find a way to express spirit in a way that we, with our human experience, understand, and that is an extremely difficult thing to do. We have very limited experience of a physical reality in a small snippet of time and within a small environment, and no comprehension of anything else, so they have no basis for comparison to work with.

Most humans just can't comprehend infinity. That's why most of us avoid thinking very much about the true nature of existence, the infinite vastness of space, the fact that we inhabit a tiny corner of a tiny planet in a tiny corner of a huge universe in a tiny corner of a huge multiverse in a tiny corner of... well, who knows what? As I understand it spirit is anything we want it to be, everything we can imagine is possible, and also everything we can't, and that is a great deal to have to sum up in a sentence, isn't it?

Near Death Experiencers report the same thing, Westleigh: "ineffable" and "indescribable" are terms that keep popping up in their reports.

As to the incomprehensibles of infinity: I agree! As to that being the reason most people avoid thinking about it: you're a more charitable person than I am! Most people avoid thinking about anything, because they never learned to think in the first place.

As to spiirit having unlimited possibilities: yes, that's something to think about!

Jim
Old 22-01-2012, 07:26 PM
deepsea

I had two experiences of 'visiting' the spirit world.
I will relate the second here.

I found myself in what we will call a 'meeting hall'.
Briefly, my late husband was standing beside me,there were folks milling around,large tables with food and drink for those who needed it.

Now before I go any further,entry into the spirit world, you will find mostly what you have been used to in our world.
Hence the refreshments on the table.
The general atmosphere of a 'Welcome' party.
There were no words spoken as we speak to each other here.

A soldier arrived dressed in army uniform,battle scarred and dirty as if he had just arrived from battle.
The uniform was of the Australian army,over 50 years ago.
My husband left my side and went over to this soldier,no words were spoken but I had the impression they knew each other.
My husband was in the Australian army many years ago and fought in Korea.
He lost touch with many of his old army mates,never knew who still lived and who had passed over.
Now I assume this soldier had lived his earthly life to old age but dressed in army uniform to make himself known to my husband.
Why should this be,did my husband know his old mate was arriving?
Is that why I was taken to this 'hall' to prove that we are met by someone we have known?
Not always family but good friends we have known in life.

This was a very lucid dream to me but I was told later,it was more than a dream.
More like an OBE.
Deepsea
Old 22-01-2012, 09:11 PM
Experiencer

This is VERY much in keeping with what I've heard from reading about both Spiritualistic, and Near Death, experiences, Deepsea.

Yes, it seems that the soldier here - did he look young? - appeared as he did so your husband could recognize him.

Interestingly, often the opposite is reported by NDE'rs. A mother might report meeting a woman in her mid-20's, knowingly immediately that it was her daughter, being greeted by her as a daughter, and the experiencer relating that "my daughter died 20 years ago, when she was 2: but I knew immediately that it was her, grown to adulthood."

Or someone will say, "I met my father. He died 5 years ago, when he was 83. But when I met him in the spirit world, he looked about 40."

Jim
Old 23-01-2012, 12:44 PM
deepsea

Yes,he did look young,Jim.
What I could see of him,all I really remember was his dirty face.
His uniform was covered in dust and dirt.
That soldier would have been about in his seventies or eighties now.
But he chose,as you said,to show himself as he was in the midst of battle.

Now hubby had an experience of his own,years ago long before he was ill.
He dreamed he was standing at the bottom of the hill where a battle was fought in Korea. It is a well known battle,name escapes me at the moment.

His army mates,who he knew had passed on,were standing at the top of the hill,waving to him to join them.
He woke up in a cold sweat. Now that was several years,before he was diagnosed with cancer.
It's amazing what information we can receive in dreams.....or is it the way that spirit can give us information or warnings?
Old 23-01-2012, 02:22 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Behind
...remember the story of the blind men trying to describe an elephant: that it was like a rope, a snake, a tree, a wall, a fan - depending on what part of it's body they were touching?...

That is a good story. The mystery of the Spirit is seen differently to us all. Maybe it is more about understanding what we were given to work with and not trying to understand what others were given to them to work with. We all walk our own path and there is a path for every person.

mj