Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 06-01-2018, 12:54 AM
Knower
Location: I'm a homesick Californian from Lake Tahoe/Truckee, living in England.
I Ching Question...

I've been casting it for many years, but what happened during my last casting which involved two different questions related to the same subject was a new phenomenon for me (although I more often ask just one question every now and then).

The first question was in the realm of, 'What is causing (this certain thing) to persist?' The second question was simply, 'What can I do about it?'

With the specific hexagram I received for the first question, I had the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th lines moving. This then led it into the preceding hexagram to that one in the, "I Ching."

For the second question, I got the above preceding hexagram which then flipped back into the original one I'd gotten (same moving lines).

Does this mean anything specific? My mother seemed to think it means I am 'going in circles' but that doesn't seem to resonate with me here. Still, I found this 'flip-around' most interesting to say the least!
Old 06-01-2018, 02:03 AM
Master

It doesn't matter what your mother thinks the I Ching answered. It matters only what YOU make of it.

I found that the interpretation of each one of the changing lines gives usually important advice. I use, and like the most, R. L. Wing's "The I Ching Workbook".
Old 23-01-2018, 01:50 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraNevadaStar
Does this mean anything specific? My mother seemed to think it means I am 'going in circles' but that doesn't seem to resonate with me here. Still, I found this 'flip-around' most interesting to say the least!
I have never heard of that kind of reasoning when interpreting hexagrams. My advice: interpret the questions and their hexagram answers initially separately. Two questions, two readings. You can compare the answers and the themes in the hexagrams and their lines a bit later. Interpreting the answers separately is important because the Yijing meanings are so specific to the context. A different question is obviously a different context.
Old 13-04-2018, 03:32 PM
Newbie ;)

There was a thought(s), then that which anteceded?

A multi-dimensional/multi-verse, is what it may be?

Looking at sacred geometry, how many configurations, therefore said, configurations can there be?

Maybe an octagram could be what might be desired?

Personally, I think the 666, that has been much maligned, relates to the carbon atom.

Now, that's my opinion, hence, no question mark.
When looking at that, that would, if true, mean six protons, six neutrons and six electrons.
If true, then we are the 'beastial' plane of existence; hence, the incarnates on the world/planet.

I, me, you, et'cetera, aren't so bad?