Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection > Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Old 02-11-2017, 12:38 AM
Master
yep i no......................

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 03-11-2017, 07:31 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARDAV70
Yep...lol...I'm a fan of logic, myself.
And, yep...we seem to be on the same page in our concept of meanness of some others. And like you, I'm not sure if it was something I'd been taught or "born with it".
Yes, I'd agree to what you've asked...since and because of my NDE.

The only thing I know for sure is that consciousness survives death. I sometimes wonder if the ego plays any part in the NDE, because I feel we're not really free of it until after our final breath in this life. Some speak of this as a "silver chord". Perhaps the ego goes somewhat dormant, influenced by consciousness (rather than the other way around) during the NDE, unable to make that journey because it's a product of this dimension...yet still remains in-tact.
Funny...when my NDE began, I felt as if I had just come into existence...had absolutely no memory or concept of anything. I'm still a little baffled by that.
Therefore, maybe the fact that you experienced individuality might have been a result of you being somehow still connected to your ego?
Old 04-11-2017, 02:41 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaxx
Therefore, maybe the fact that you experienced individuality might have been a result of you being somehow still connected to your ego?
It's possible...but I did feel "whole" and freed from...something. My thought is that my ego was still "alive", but dormant.
Old 04-11-2017, 03:52 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
It's possible...but I did feel "whole" and freed from...something. My thought is that my ego was still "alive", but dormant.
The "knowledge" you hold regarding this issue is very fascinating. I am a little concerned that I will lose my individuality or my existence in the whol though. I think it would be nice to retain some sort of individuality, still being connected to the whole and vibrating at its same level.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:05 PM
Pathfinder

Perhaps the spirits of our ancestors or past life memories wouldn't exist if there wasn't individuality in afterlife. Think about all stuff we know but don't know how we've acquired the information in the first place. However simultaneously I feel we're all just some big endless and boundless rainbow mess (some also call it "ocean of life") and remain that way unless we make something out of our individual lives which is one part why our physical lifetimes are important. I do wonder what there would be if one incarnated somewhere else than Earth...
Old 04-11-2017, 06:10 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaxx
The "knowledge" you hold regarding this issue is very fascinating. I am a little concerned that I will lose my individuality or my existence in the whol though. I think it would be nice to retain some sort of individuality, still being connected to the whole and vibrating at its same level.
Judging on the research I've done, some NDErs have reported that they had a choice of becoming part of a central consciousness or keep their individual persona. Makes sense to me that if one consciousness were to choose becoming a part of that central consciousness they'd still retain somewhat of an individual being. I don't think that "central consciousness" has any rules, based on the reports of a choice to begin with, so choice could be made at any time regardless of having chosen to become part of it or not. I think we're a part of it anyway once we get there...just depends on how much more we individually choose to join it.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:17 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoublyVenomous
Perhaps the spirits of our ancestors or past life memories wouldn't exist if there wasn't individuality in afterlife. Think about all stuff we know but don't know how we've acquired the information in the first place. However simultaneously I feel we're all just some big endless and boundless rainbow mess (some also call it "ocean of life") and remain that way unless we make something out of our individual lives which is one part why our physical lifetimes are important. I do wonder what there would be if one incarnated somewhere else than Earth...
Interesting thoughts. I wonder how much of consciousness has to do with the development of DNA.
Lol...I just wish I knew why incarnation into this (or any other) "physical" plane is even necessary...or a choice...or a pass time...or like dreams are to this existence...!
Old 06-02-2018, 10:37 PM
Seeker

Quote:

One billionth of a second before you looked at the clock it was in the future, one billionth of a second after you've seen what time it is it it's in the past. Maybe consciousness exists in that place between the before and after...??? Because we've been incarnated into this place with beginnings and endings to everything and have developed markers (clocks, calendars and time tables) to keep track it's hard to comprehend such a thing could be a reality. But, why couldn't it?

Okay, I REALLY like what was wrote in Bold

"One billionth of a second before you looked at a clock, it was in the future." So think about it like this, an infinite fraction of a second before you looked at a clock is an infinite future, and an infinite fraction of a second after you look at a clock is an infinite past. Say this infinite fraction of time IS indeed where our consciousness exists, would that not be proof of an immortal, conscious soul?
Old 09-02-2018, 11:09 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy_Broselvet
Okay, I REALLY like what was wrote in Bold

"One billionth of a second before you looked at a clock, it was in the future." So think about it like this, an infinite fraction of a second before you looked at a clock is an infinite future, and an infinite fraction of a second after you look at a clock is an infinite past. Say this infinite fraction of time IS indeed where our consciousness exists, would that not be proof of an immortal, conscious soul?

I've contemplated that very thought. And it makes sense to me. I haven't run across this thought from any other NDErs, but have heard/read many about time not existing or being different in the NDE.
Old 15-12-2018, 06:40 AM
Knower

I'm not sure if there is no time, necessarily. It depends on how time is defined. If there is causality, meaning, choices, a before and after, then one could say there is time of sorts. One could also say time does not truly exist anywhere, including on the physical plane, and all we have is the moment of now. We may have stored things in our physical self which allow us to remember the state of the universe in a now prior to this one, and we may come through some conclusions about the next developments of said universe through logic or intuition, but it seems to me that it is likely that time in general is just the illusion of the constant evolution of the state of now, coupled with evolutionary pressures for survival on the physical plane + seemingly cyclical events. Since we remember, we can predict mildly accurately, and we wish to survive, we have invented this concept of time. Clear beginning and end reinforces it, but relativity threw this idea of objective time out the window long ago.
So time could possibly be simply a subjective construct of a conscious agent to better understand this tendency towards apparent change and evolution in the physical plane, rather than a truly real device. Who has ever seen time, or the clock of life? Even the more accurate atomic clock "loses time" "over time".

What I am truly interested in, however, is whether things evolve, have linearity and cause-effect in the supposed afterlife.