Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 25-02-2011, 09:04 PM
Crystalline_Lilly

Color What is my faith called?

I have a question for anyone who understands I have been feeling like My faith is a mix of Catholicism and buddhist as well as spiritualism I dont know what this is called can any one help me out? I am also into metaphysics...
Old 25-02-2011, 09:49 PM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalline_Lilly
I have a question for anyone who understands I have been feeling like My faith is a mix of Catholicism and buddhist as well as spiritualism I dont know what this is called can any one help me out? I am also into metaphysics...

Crystalline,
I can understand your feelings about wanting to put a name or label to what you believe. It seems to make it easier if we can call our belief something. It is your personal spiritual path that is what matters. Some could call it new age or new thought because of the differnt elements that make up what you believe. What would you like to call it?
I chose to name my spiritual belief as follows, Monotheistic paganism folk religion. All these suit my spiritual beliefs and practices. It really isn't any known system just what works for me. Oh, and it is kind of fun to say too.

Don't sweat the name. You obviously connect in some way to the spiritual elements you have incorperated into what you believe and that is great!

nightowl
Old 25-02-2011, 10:07 PM
Enya

Easy. You call it 'my spiritual path'. Simples....
Btw, I call mine eclectic or pick-an-mix spirituality...
Old 25-02-2011, 10:36 PM
Crystalline_Lilly

thanks all you are great. :)
Old 26-02-2011, 02:43 PM
Wyrdsmith

In my opinion, labels can limit how you grow and develop and see yourself. They help others, perhaps, to understand us, or is that just to pigeon-hole us so we fit into an easily recognisable stereotype. I just think we should be true to who we are, recognise what works for us, and be prepared to change as our understanding grows and develops.

As to my path ... it just is, I combine things that work for me and help me to feel I'm moving forward.
Old 26-02-2011, 11:24 PM
Master
Greetings, C. Lilly!

Well, I certainly agree with those that feel labels are unnecessary, however I do think it's good to know what different faiths there are, to explore them and see what suits you...

Even if you end up deciding a label is not important, it may give you a starting place to meet others with similar beliefs... A jumping off point if you will, in exploring and ultimately fine tuning exactly what you believe..

Here is a quiz that at the very least I thought was interesting.

Blessings to you on your journey! :)

Love, Cam/EM

http://www.beliefnet.com/Entertainment/Quizzes/BeliefOMatic.aspx
Old 02-03-2011, 11:17 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalline_Lilly

Call it brilliant and brave because you're walking your own Path. Safe Journey, Crystalline_Lilly
Old 11-04-2011, 06:42 PM
latelotus

Kudos for Kindness

What nice answers by everyone. I just joined this forum and am glad to see people treating each other kindly. My spiritual stumbling seems to resemble Crystalline's (not that she is stumbling; but I am totally in free-fall stumble-bumble at present).

Old 13-04-2011, 05:18 AM
agiosotheos

When things get that eclectic, it becomes very difficult for the world to assign a name to all the religions that develop.
Old 13-04-2011, 11:08 PM
weallshineon

Faith...plain and simple!

I certainly understand what you are saying.
I am a born-again Catholic but I am inspired by Buddism,Hinduism,Spirituality,etc,etc.! I just consider it all my "Faith",plain and simple and pure. Faith. and that is more than enough!