Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Old 25-11-2010, 05:44 PM
Suspended
Hiya Anima

'Dida' would have me walking over to it in any museum. It's alive!

I like all your work but I almost feel I've met your grandfather by seeing your painting of him.

Remind me again - what is tempera? I ought to know - I paint myself, but I think it might be to do with oils? (fingers crossed).

Squatch
Old 25-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Master
I love your sculpture 'lamps' too, they're really nice.

{btw, these are the kind of artwork rich Hollywood types would flock to and snatch up in a hurry.}

Old 25-11-2010, 07:21 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
Hiya Anima

'Dida' would have me walking over to it in any museum. It's alive!

I like all your work but I almost feel I've met your grandfather by seeing your painting of him.

Remind me again - what is tempera? I ought to know - I paint myself, but I think it might be to do with oils? (fingers crossed).

Squatch

Haha, yeah. My one year old cousin who lives with him was kinda shocked when she saw it, and said with a questioning voice... "Dida?"

I am not sure how to explain, so I'll just quote what Wikipedia says:
Quote:
Tempera, also known as egg tempera, is a permanent fast drying painting medium consisting of colored pigment mixed with a water-soluble binder medium (usually a glutinous material such as egg yolk or some other size). Egg tempera was a primary method of painting until after 1500 when it was superseded by the invention of oil painting. A paint which is commonly called tempera (although it is not) consisting of pigment and glue size is commonly used and referred to by some manufacturers in America as poster paint.

These paintings of mine to which I refer as "tempera" fit the last sentence, because they contain glue, not the actual egg yolk. They are bought in tubes, not mixed on the spot, though I have a subject this year, restoration, in which we are using actual tempera tehnique.

Anyway, thanks a lot!

Anima
Old 25-11-2010, 07:23 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I love your sculpture 'lamps' too, they're really nice.

{btw, these are the kind of artwork rich Hollywood types would flock to and snatch up in a hurry.}

It's just one lamp so far. Maybe one day I'll bother enough to make a new one. Maybe even sell it online on some homemade selling/buying site. Hehehe. My only problem is that I get very attached to my work, once I do it right. It is like a kid to me.

And thanks again.

Anima
Old 25-11-2010, 07:51 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima
"ImprisonedWorld1" & "ImprisonedWorld2" are photos of a functional lamp I made out of things I could find in my own home.

It's made out of:
- some chains I stole from my dad's storage
- a part of kitchen smoke hood
- decorative pieces of coloured glass
- wooden underlay for cutting meat
- closet door handles
- a sieve for flour, cut in 3 parts, and held together by black shoe laces

I use it in my room now. It's ideal for a relaxing mood.

Anima
This is so very unusual Anima, it looks beautiful all lit up. You certainly have a talent
Old 26-11-2010, 02:14 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia
This is so very unusual Anima, it looks beautiful all lit up. You certainly have a talent

Thanks a lot Tricia! It looks even better when it's not against the wall, then the whole room looks like it's in its force field.

Anima
Old 26-11-2010, 04:02 PM
Master

Fenomenalno Anima! Produzi dalje!

I especially like "dida" and "eye"
Old 26-11-2010, 05:33 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Thanks!!! Me too. I love computer art, as well, but doing something with your own hands, oldstyle, is the most appealing thing to me. It has... soul.
Anima

Hi Anima

I ~Love~ your work!

And I warmly agree with you comment to a point... but in defense of the study of computer art there's an amazing amount to explore that would also assist in the hand drawn
approach... The intense study and control of color variations and the intimate access to same. Compositional dexterity, is the remarkable by-product of being
able to adjust specific variables and atmospheric components while exploring the inner alignment of an image.

I can see the two mediums working comfortably hand in hand to the benefit of each other...

I was once an old-school photographer working with film and nursing my own darkroom... with the advent of computerized editing it's like the shackles of chemicals
and bulk film have been lifted... and the freedom to dive into the emotional as well as the technical components of each image has been a deep treat beyond my ability to explain.

Done properly, the computerized approach is quite mystical... the image becomes you, and you become it for that creative moment that you're dynamically connected...

I'm clearly with you in regards to the visceral value of ones intimate connection with the physical medium and the magic of canvas... but I
did want to share some of the magic that I'm enjoying from this historically unprecedented computerize perspective. Like any new approach
there's a need for it to find balance and to eventually mature... but what a most interesting artistic ride to be taking as this process quite intimately unfolds... :^)
Old 26-11-2010, 06:42 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaZen
Fenomenalno Anima! Produzi dalje!

I especially like "dida" and "eye"

Puno hvala! "Dida" seems to be a favourite of many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
Hi Anima

I ~Love~ your work!

And I warmly agree with you comment to a point... but in defense of the study of computer art there's an amazing amount to explore that would also assist in the hand drawn
approach... The intense study and control of color variations and the intimate access to same. Compositional dexterity, is the remarkable by-product of being
able to adjust specific variables and atmospheric components while exploring the inner alignment of an image.

I can see the two mediums working comfortably hand in hand to the benefit of each other...

I was once an old-school photographer working with film and nursing my own darkroom... with the advent of computerized editing it's like the shackles of chemicals
and bulk film have been lifted... and the freedom to dive into the emotional as well as the technical components of each image has been a deep treat beyond my ability to explain.

Done properly, the computerized approach is quite mystical... the image becomes you, and you become it for that creative moment that you're dynamically connected...

I'm clearly with you in regards to the visceral value of ones intimate connection with the physical medium and the magic of canvas... but I
did want to share some of the magic that I'm enjoying from this historically unprecedented computerize perspective. Like any new approach
there's a need for it to find balance and to eventually mature... but what a most interesting artistic ride to be taking as this process quite intimately unfolds... :^)

Thanks a lot, Stephen!

I completely see where you're coming from. Like I said, I appreciate and love good computer art (I am learning how to create it myself) - but yes, it's just about balance in everything. In this age where everything is made to be "perfect" - airbrushed models, pitchcorrected songs - going back to art as it was, is simply refreshing to me.

That said, I've been quiety admiring your thread for a while now. Your photoshop art is magical.

Anima
Old 27-11-2010, 02:07 AM
StephenK

Quote:
That said, I've been quiety admiring your thread for a while now. Your photoshop art is magical.

Thank you Anima! I'm only about a year and a half into a multi-year process of addressing the subject of art from this angle... I'm slowly growing
past the totally amateur stage and stepping ever more gently into more complex undertakings.

Art, like anything else that's wonderfully worth doing, is essentially the mastering of a million little things. If I had to guess I'm at around 3248 on
that "millions of things" march. :^) Most everything I'm currently doing is essentially the exercising of various techniques... I'm looking forward to the day
when I'm fluid enough with this undertaking to more fully address art for art's sake!

I can somewhat see the light at the end of the tunnel...but it's still just a dot, only lit enough to know that it's there....

Keep posting your practice as you work through this process! You have a wonderfully friendly audience with this forum that fully appreciates the
depths of such efforts!

....Art is clearly among one of the friendliest things that we humans have that's sharable! :^)