Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 11-10-2010, 10:00 PM
bilko

Salad dressing recipes please

Thinking about my second attempt at going raw or at east easing into it. One of the things that let me down last time was the ability to make a good salad dressing so if you know any then please; Spill the beans
No dairy though please, i'm sort of nearly %100 off cheese and i don't drink milk.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilko
Thinking about my second attempt at going raw or at east easing into it. One of the things that let me down last time was the ability to make a good salad dressing so if you know any then please; Spill the beans
No dairy though please, i'm sort of nearly %100 off cheese and i don't drink milk.

Hi Bilko, I have been eating raw foods for the past 5 months now. I have eliminated bread and dairy. From time to time I do allow myself to have some tuna. I plan to eliminate that one as well in time.

For salad dressing there is not many store bought that do not have cheese in them, or worse high fructose corn syrup. The only dressing I use now is an Olive Oil and Vinegar dressing.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:04 PM
Master
A little oil and vinegar, salt, pepper in a jar with a lid - shake it up, good to go. Balsamic vinegar with strong olive oil is good.

For something creamy, try a spoonful of mayo, tsp of sugar, 1/2 tsp each salt & pepper, tsp of white vinegar - all in a jar with a lid and shake it up. Kindof a coleslawey dressing.

If you have a food processor, try mixing raspberries in with the oil and vinegar, something sweet would balance it.

Old 11-10-2010, 10:31 PM
Master
i am attempting to go raw

olive oil, salt, lime or vinegar is a good idea..
Old 11-10-2010, 10:55 PM
Master
so many great herbs to add variety, like dill, mustard, etc.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:16 AM
bilko

Thanks for the ideas everyone
I now have a new kitchen and bathroom courtesy of the council ( my landlord ) with twice as many plug sockets ( power outlets) and 3 more cubboards. There is a great place for my blendtec and my breville juice fountain elite with loads of surface space for preparation.
Going to give your recipes a try as soon as i'm allowed back into my shiny new kitchen.
Oh man i remember after 4 weeks of raw i started eating rice again purely to silence the carb voices in my head. But the smell coming from a cup of cooked wholegrain brown rice, 1 grilled and mashed mackeral, half a cup of raw corn, half a cup of chopped cucumber and half a cup of chopped cherry tomatoes...... All sprinkled with some cold harvested sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.

Forget the halo effect Mccfatso have mastered. That mountain of wholesome goodness i had prepared and was like heaven on earth. Fresh vegetables tossed in a bowl and mixed with steaming rice and fish was divine. Coupled with the fact my doctor said my blood pressure was a bit high last time i went.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:52 AM
Jules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilko
Coupled with the fact my doctor said my blood pressure was a bit high last time i went.
Probably coz at this point you're still craving the rubbish! ... but well done you!!!!! Keep us informed x
Old 12-10-2010, 03:38 AM
iolite

My favorite salad dressing is balsamic vinegar and basil olive oil.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:48 AM
Deactivated Account

Sometimes I just drizzle olive oil on my salad, very simple - no recipe needed. If you want you could add a little thyme or dill weed for extra flavor...

or they do have flavored olive oils. I was having lunch at a friends house, and she had coconut, raspberry chocolate and a few other flavored olive oil combinations. We didn't put them on salad, but you could ... we dipped Italian bread into the oils. Delicious !

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 12-10-2010, 11:45 AM
cheeky_monkey

Hi Bilko, I use red wine vinegar and olive oil for my salad dressing but my family like to add salt to the dressing too. Sounds like were all pretty much recommending the same thing. Congratulations on the new kitchen btw, what an incentive to start discovering new recipes.