Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 21-02-2012, 07:51 AM
needsumdirection

my mother

hi all my mam passed away 16 months ago and im unable to come to terms with the loss,i feel as if iv never mourned her and that she is still here,i have her ashes at home and see her in my dreams sumtime to which she is always suffering,i used to think she visited me on a night time but havnt felt anything for a few months:'(does this mean anything?
Old 21-02-2012, 08:26 AM
primrose

I don't think there is anything wrong with the fact you hav'nt felt her near lately. Hopefully she has moved on to a better place. Continue to send loving thoughts out to her. You are'nt alone, a lot of us here have lost loved ones.
Old 21-02-2012, 08:53 AM
needsumdirection

yeah tnx and it might sound selfish but i wanted to feel down about her everyday atleast then i knew she would come to me,does that sound bad
Old 21-02-2012, 10:10 AM
Master
i understand the need of wanting to feel close to her everyday , i use to cling to my brother and repulsed at the prospect of letting him go , but as a medium , i connected with other loved ones and found that their grief holds the person back on the other side .just as we have a job to do on this earth , spirit do too , the more we cling to their memory the more it holds them back because they are always by our side and could be helping others . i know my brother is helping other young people who pass over , he also helps me with my own spiritual development , now i have freed him up a bit he is able to be there for my whole family and not just ME . i have a funeral to go to today but give me a few days and i will see if i can connect with your mum for you ok xxx

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.”
Old 21-02-2012, 10:13 AM
needsumdirection

thanks for ur kind words and guidance it apreciated,and my heart is with u today,x
Old 22-02-2012, 07:25 AM
primrose

I replied to this yesterday, I don't know why some of my posts don't show up.

I said the fact you hav'nt felt your mom lately might mean that she is now in a better place. Continue to send her your loving thoughts.
Old 22-02-2012, 03:49 PM
Administrator

Hi Needsumdirection.

It is normal to feel as you do,its not that long since your mother passed to spirit.

believe me she will not be suffering anymore, what your dreams were showing you was how you are actually feeling.
your mother will come through in due course.but she is ok now she is at peace.

Namaste
Old 28-02-2012, 03:36 PM
MorningMist

Quote:
Originally Posted by primrose
I don't think there is anything wrong with the fact you hav'nt felt her near lately. Hopefully she has moved on to a better place. Continue to send loving thoughts out to her. You are'nt alone, a lot of us here have lost loved ones.

I agree with Primrose and I so feel for you. Although my mother and I weren't terribly close until the last few years of her life, I did spend the next two years, after her passing, finding myself going to phone her in the evenings, out of habit and without realizing what I was doing, until I went to dial her number...so painful.

But the fact that you haven't seen her lately, does lead one to hope that she's moved on (perhaps possibly even reincarnated already, if she chose to come back).

You're definitely not alone, though, and our thoughts and love are with you.

Hugs
MorningMist
Old 28-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by needsumdirection
hi all my mam passed away 16 months ago and im unable to come to terms with the loss,i feel as if iv never mourned her and that she is still here,i have her ashes at home and see her in my dreams sumtime to which she is always suffering,i used to think she visited me on a night time but havnt felt anything for a few months:'(does this mean anything?

I had "loses" also , my father and my brother passed away six month apart ......and I think is fair to say I understand this kind of sadness .
But life is a process , death / birth / survival is part of this process and this process is natural ...........in life there is no such thing as PAST or FUTURE is always NOW .........now is history in making , now is future in making , live life NOW , without holding any past , without imagine future .......
learn and move on and to me is no point trying to find any reason , tips , or answer on your lost ...there will be no answer to satisfy your desire to know .
LIVE LIFE NOW.
Take care
CSEe
Old 01-03-2012, 12:09 AM
walkingbacktogeorgia

Have you attempted to contact your mother through a medium yet? I am sure she would have a great deal to say that could comfort you. I was lucky enough to discover my gift (well I always kind of knew) right after my grandfather passed. I never really grieved him because he was there and I had him to help me through the fear and excitement of finding out what my gift was. Your mother is there, and dreams are a "safe means" for which spirits can connect with us. Some humans fear "paranormal" so dreams are a great way for us to know we still have them. Remember that your spirit leaves your body when you sleep so when you think that you really see, hear, or feel your mother... you really are. Also remember that when we are depressed our soul is very heavy and it can be more difficult for us to feel, hear and see. When we are happy and our vibrations are higher it is easier for us to connect with spirits. My mother had this same problem when she lost her father. My gift actually helped her grieving process and open herself up to positivity and subsequently my grandfather's spirit. One last thing that I will say, is that our own feelings and mindset can often influence how we perceive spirits. When you see your mother suffering it is most likely coming from your own depressed state. I had a difficult time with accepting my gift because I was scared of "the paranormal" and my fear attracted fear, so when I saw spirits it was in a fearful manner. Once I overcame my fear, I never again encountered a fearful experience with a spirit. This applies to your situation I think... If you could envision your mother as healthy, happy, and at peace then your dreams and other encounters will reflect that. Hope that helps.