Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 15-03-2011, 11:47 PM
deecee

Lucid Dreaming?

When I first woke up in a dream I couldnt believe it, For some reasonI just knew I could fly and I sprinted off down the road and took off only to wake up after what was like 2 seconds in the air. This was before I had heard of lucid dreaming.

I found out a little while after and read up a little bit, on that night before I went to sleep I looked at my hands and told myself that when I seen them I knew I was dreaming and it worked! I was in the desert but the sand was glowing red beautiful I bent down to pick some up and look and when I seen it falling out of my hand instantly I woke in the dream however I just took off again into the air once again to wake up after a few seconds in the air.

Them two experiences even though a few seconds each still amazed me that I wanted to experience more in that state instead of just flying up and waking instantly but it hasn't happened, lately I have been waking in dreams when in danger or being chased and all the times instantly thought I can fly away and when I do .. no suprise I wake up.

I can't get further and dont have a clue how. The last dream I had when I realized I was dreaming I felt in danger and floated up and bit a person because I knew I would wake up. But I dont wan't to wake up it's only when I wake up that I realize it's not what I wanted to do.

Any tips/advice appreciated.
Old 18-03-2011, 01:19 AM
Foodmuse

Astal travel and lucid dreaming can seem to be one and the same. I wonder why so many topic headliners have been closed in this subject matter/forum?

Travel as u will, but do it safely in and out of ur body: Always surround urself in Brightwhitelight: No matter where u go there u are: Like to Light....Beams, Foodmuse
Old 18-03-2011, 05:02 AM
Sundialed

it takes so much practice, keep trying, i mean so much practice, imagine learning how to play an instrument, say a guitar, would take a while lots of comittment, just like that gotta keep trying
Old 26-03-2011, 06:00 AM
Ciqala

Hey Deecee, sounds like you are experiencing the typical stages of entering into lucid dreaming, where you go into bolt away mode.
First of all, keep practicing, it seems you have awakened thee natural ability in yourself and you will adjust to the flighty movements and awkwardness eventually, take all the chances you get to awake in the dream, each time should teach you more, and you will eventually get the feel of how to control your movements and the whole situation. For example, you can think directly of a certain place, and it will take you there. If you are not direct, you could end up anywhere.

Number One: Combat your fears. Fall asleep knowing the realms you awake into are safe. Know there are no dangers, and what you come into contact with, are like tests, and your own subconscious fears getting in the way, and that if you simply push them aside, they will be gone. Even if you happen to run into anything, or a random drifter, nothing can have a hold on you there, unless you allow it to. You are the MASTER in your REALMS.

CALMNESS
So, first thing to do when you realize you are awake in the dream, is slow down. Remain calm. Don't go bouncing all over the place, don't get too excited to go exploring, and just enjoy the moment. Certainly don't start flying, because that will shock you since you've never flied before. Do something normal at first. If you raise your adrenalin you will spike, and it will wake you up (in beginning stages). If you feel you must fly, then change your surroundings, and make them peaceful. You can do whatever you want.

Try your hardest to keep focus. You may be experiencing an in and out of lucidity, where one second you can control, the other second you cannot, so try to grip onto the control you have as soon as you have it. Tell yourself to relax.

Know that when you are fully awake in a dream, it may come as a shock, to you, but also your body, thus it is important to remain calm, and to tell all of yourself to be calm.

I will touch briefly on, a common thing, which is the vulnerability factor. Being in your astral body at first, can make you feel very, very vulnerable feeling, unlike anything you have experienced, the lucid experience may be so vivid, and more intense than anything, and everything you may sense could become magnetized. If you have no idea this is happening, it's probably happening so fast you cannot perceive it. You have to become used to the feeling of exposure and vulnerability, this will wake you up in the beginning stages.
Along with the feeling of vulnerability comes fear. Your own fears will become magnetized in this realm, because its unknown territory. Be gentle on yourself, and relax through it all. Ignore your fears, push them away, and tell yourself everything is fine.
You are waking up because of the shock of the events, you just have to become used to it. Nothing can hurt you there. If something is chasing you, do not react in fear, instead, become awake in the dream, stop, and tell yourself it is just part of the dream, that everything is okay. Face the danger you feel with love and compassion. Know that you are safe. Call on your spirit guides/angels or use protection, such as surround yourself in white light at the time. It is just part of your subconscious mind, even if it's not, you are the master of those realms, and you have to figure that out.
Step by step, you will come to realize you have complete control over your environments. Do not let fear stand in your way. You may feel vulnerable and exposed, not having your physical body to protect you, but the truth is, our ethereal bodies are a lot stronger than our physical bodies. It will take some time to get used to the whole feel of it.
The most important thing is to relax and keep calm.
Old 26-03-2011, 11:24 AM
happy camper

Hi!
I also have only recently found out the term for lucid dreaming.Before I had couple of brief moments of lucidity and I have always been vivid dreamer.
Now since I discovered this subject I have had some success almost immediately,with some techniques I found online.
What I read somewhere,that just when you become lucid,bring your focus on some external thing.This has already worked for me few times,last night I had my longest lucidity period so far and it was quite freaky too as at one point I was split in two and was actually sitting next to myself!
So this is what I mean by focusing on external thing(example from my dream):
I was driving in a car with friends and suddenly noticed my hands,at which point I became lucid.Then I very quickly made conciouss effort to focus on something(I felt I had to be quick,before I'd wake up or lose it)so I focused the car which was driving in front of us and voila!
So far I have only had partial control in my dreams,but I must say this is very exciting!
Hope this helped.
Old 26-03-2011, 11:16 PM
deecee

Thanks for the replies :) I became lucid again just the other night and did just stay calm, however I wanted to make somebody appear so I tried and it didn't work therefore me waking myself up, not sure why but ah well I am still learning.
Old 27-03-2011, 06:45 AM
Sundialed

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee
Thanks for the replies :) I became lucid again just the other night and did just stay calm, however I wanted to make somebody appear so I tried and it didn't work therefore me waking myself up, not sure why but ah well I am still learning.

my first step i took was to first get calm like you did, then i would sit cross legged on the ground and set my intention and knowing on levitation about 4 feet off the ground and try to hold it for a while just so you can get practice with setting an intention and following through with it. i feel that flying is the best way to start because it is a good way to show how you can bend laws to your own will. my friend, it is the polar opposite of physical reality.
Old 23-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Knower
I was actually pretty nuts the first time a started lucid dreaming, I was playing tennis of a roof and realized it felt different than reality. (also I can't play tennis) So the first thing I did was launch myself off the edge of the building and hit the pavement hard. It was pretty fun 'cause I didn't die. (It was like a 20 story building) Since then I pretty much always lucid dream. Didn't know what is was then and my mom didn't believe me. Almost literally shoved it in her face when I found it in my psychology book!