Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 01-05-2015, 06:10 PM
Knower

Sea-Dove, you likely didn't come across many werewolf communities because they were kept very very secret. Often times if humans were known to inhabit the pages they were only kids looking to be turned, to become a part of something. Many lycans didn't like the idea of going very public, they were afraid of being persecuted and even killed for the way they lived their lives. I understood their fears but was also one of the few really pushing for disclosure of our community in order to feel pride and not hide in the dark all the time-they obviously liked it better that way.
I can send you a link to some of the sites that were once epicenters for therian culture. They're all dead now, and the ones that are still active are scattered few and far between on the internet. Many of the sites were created by lycans without a lot of money, some were dedicated to specific packs, so only pack members or prospects were ever made aware of the sites existence. This is a link to werecon.org, which was a kind of epicenter site for lycans to congregate, regardless of pack affiliation.
http://werecon.org/werewolves/
Its been dead for a while but everytime I check back in I see that there are a few Lycans trying to gather who ever is left and revive the site. I only check back in a couple times a year say, 3 times every six months or so. I never log into my own account, I simply like to see if the forum is still active, to whatever degree. So long as the forum remains active the culture will not die-its just dormant
Old 01-05-2015, 06:39 PM
Knower

As to why exactly the sites went dead, I can't really say for all. I can really only speak for the site I frequented the most, werecon. My screen name, or wolf name, was Raze, so if you can find a section to track down old profiles go for it. What I noticed was people coming on less frequently and the void they left was filled by robots, trolls, and the like. There was a time when no one was posting on the werecon forums other than people advertising clothing lines and such. I remember when it first started, we were all wondering what was going on and couldn't stop these unwanted profiles from joining and existing in the forum. Every time one was banned two more took its place. In my own life I noticed that my wolf was going bad, very bad, and was harming me. After I stopped shifting and locked the wolf essence up inside me I stopped going to the forums because I didn't feel like I belonged anymore-which meant I didn't belong anywhere, which was why I initially got into therian culture. I found other things to occupy my life at the time, but I eventually developed intense depression, around freshman year of high school. The she-wolf I'd fallen for and I stayed in contact for a while, but every time we talked she was going through something else. Gangs, drug use, suicide attempts, I hated the feeling of being powerless from helping her and we eventually lost contact. Now that you ask that question, I wonder if we were taken down from the inside out somehow. The fall came around the same time when lycans began advocating for disclosure, even local news stations were having teen lycanthropes on air just to mock them. Werecon, the flag ship site of the culture, began to open its doors to vampires and humans, after this the site began to die.
Vamps and Weres hated each other and no one knew why. When I was a pack alpha I even had a couple of my members spy as vamps on their sites to see why they hated lycans so much. I was surprised to see the werecon forum welcome vamps in its confines.
On your werewolf vision, I'd recommend going back to that state, if you can, and seeing what the were had to tell you. Often times, when it comes to these kinds of astral experiences, energies take different forms in order to communicate. If you see a fairy it may just be how the being is presenting itself to you so that you may understand it, rather than the unreal strangeness that would accompany its actual form. See what it had to say, maybe it was going to turn you, maybe it was going to explain why you don't need to be turned or shouldn't go through with it.
Old 01-05-2015, 06:43 PM
Ascender

I watch Monsters & Mysteries regularly; now quite a few are what you would call hillbillies but surprisingly there do appear to be very rational people who with total conviction say they have witnessed various strange creatures, I would never doubt that they have seen something but how come we never get the evidence to corroborate. Spirits are one thing but anything physical should be clearly recorded by now eg Bigfoot.

I want to believe but no one shows proof in these cases, faith doesn't come into it either as it's in the physical realm.
Old 01-05-2015, 06:58 PM
Knower

Metal68
What you have to understand is that we have not, by any mean, discovered everything on this planet. One could say the same thing about lake monsters or sea monsters, they are physical creatures but we haven't cataloged them scientifically yet. We must maintain an open mind with these kids of things. For a very long time people said that the chupacabra was not real, the question remains what creature kills in the way this creature is known to kill. People said the sightings in Texas were diseased dogs and ununique. Now, there has been one captured alive and displayed on local news, it does not act like a dog and does not sound like one either. It's aggressive and appears to be rather intelligent, in a innovative rodent-like manner. That's real, what else is real.
Over 100 years ago people said chimps and gorillas weren't real either, that the stories of hairy people in the jungle were just the ignorant natives telling tall tales, now we have them in zoos.
We should keep an open mind when it comes to cryptids
There is a lot to be found
Old 01-05-2015, 07:11 PM
Ascender

I do try honestly! Im sure they would have found Nessie though by now?

You do make some good points, the Giant Squid is a good thing to remember too as that was once thought the stuff of myth & legends
Old 01-05-2015, 07:55 PM
Knower

I am actually not so sure that they would have found nessie by now. For one thing Loch Ness is over 800ft deep and connected to the ocean, there are caves of an uncatalogued amount riddling the lochs sides and bottom. There have been whales filmed and sighted in the loch, meaning that very large animals can move in and out of the loch realitivly easily. Among other things.
When it comes to cryptids I always look at the folk lore of the region. Loch ness monster sightings, for example, go back more than 1500 years. Ogopogo in Canada has been seen by the local tribes for centuries, they actually told settlers of the "lake demon" when they first arrived...then they saw it. The same goes for Champ, Bigfoot, and many others. These are very old traditions which continue until today because people continue to see these things, film them, photograph them, and pass the story on. Some governments are so certain that such creatures, usually lake enities, are real that they enact laws to protect the creatures from harm. One such law exists in Iceland where tales of a giant worm inhabiting a particularly stagnate, land locked lake have endured for centuries-the vikings were the first to speak of it.
I just say that you never know, and we should keep our eyes and minds open to whatever possibility arrives-including the idea that they don't exist the way we once assumed.
Old 01-05-2015, 08:28 PM
Experiencer
I don't think Nessie actually exists. She's good for trade, like the ghosts that every successful country inn has to have. The west of Scotland would go bust if she was ever definitely disproved.

And, Loch Ness has only recently been connected with the sea (by canals). I can't imagine a monster the size of Nessie navigating half a dozen locks, unless she's got hands with opposable thumbs The lock keepers' would probably spot her as well, and the bargees would notice a seventy monster if it cruised past them down the Caledonian Canal.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:25 PM
Knower

I guess we all have our opinions, the only thing that could really settle it is a captured specimen or government disclosure that they knew all along.
I'd like to return the conversation to werewolves though, as this is what the thread is about.
Anyone ever hear of the beast of gevudan?
Old 02-05-2015, 08:21 PM
Ascender

Its not like UFOs and possible collaboration though is it when it comes to Loch Ness. There would be no reason at all for the Govt to withhold information. The biggest obstacle is the now well established fact that the Loch does not contain enough food to sustain such a creature or creatures.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:52 AM
Knower

As I suggested before, perhaps such a conversation would be better had in the topic about nessie particularly, which is in this sect of the forum. I do respect and am interesting in having a vaster conversation, though this topic is on lycanthropy and we've gotten rather off topic as it is.