Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 10-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaring Thunder
I'm sure this is probably something that has been brought up time and time again but I'm sitting here wondering if it were possible for me to choose a method of death in an incarnation I'm already in.

My prefered cause of death would be due to heart failure.

You might find this of interest: Q&A taken from Silver Birch 'The Spirit Speaks'

Q. What settles the time of our entry into the next world? If nothing can keep us here longer than our appointed time, is this the reason why spirit healing cannot effect a cure sometimes ?

A.Yes, it is one of the reasons. The question of spirit incarnation into matter, and what should be its natural withdrawal from matter, are governed by natural laws. You can, particularly with death, cause a premature passing, but that would not be in harmony with the natural law.
The soul itself knows when it is to be incarnated and when it is to leave your world, even though you may not be consciously aware of these facts. If it is time for the spirit to quit the body, which is inevitable as part of the law of life, then no healing - I speak generally now - can compel it to stay.
Old 13-06-2011, 06:39 AM
Experiencer
Animus, you crack me up... he he what a great answer....
I'd say, you can't choose method of death.... but once you get there, with practice and intention, you can choose Technique. Dying is an art the Western...and really most of the world has forgotten... It aught to be taught in schools in my opinion... It doesn't matter when and by what means, what matters is how you approach it, and maneuver through it.
Old 18-06-2011, 01:45 PM
Pathfinder
This is an interesting question. From my view, I lost my dad this month, and he was diagnosed with emphysema in the 80's. He chose not to stop smoking, even after being diagnosed with COPD in 2006. I'm not saying that this was the way he chose to die, but he knew this was likely going to be the reason, and he made that decision. He did live to be 70. Having said this, I still don't think it is up to us what ultimately happens to us.
Old 20-06-2011, 04:07 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutedBlue
This is an interesting question. From my view, I lost my dad this month, and he was diagnosed with emphysema in the 80's. He chose not to stop smoking, even after being diagnosed with COPD in 2006. I'm not saying that this was the way he chose to die, but he knew this was likely going to be the reason, and he made that decision. He did live to be 70. Having said this, I still don't think it is up to us what ultimately happens to us.
First of all, I'm sorry for your loss MutedBlue It's true what you say. It reminds me of my daughter's father who passed away last year. He knew he wouldn't be around for very long. He could have helped himself, but unfortunately he didn't, despite knowing if he didn't change his life style, he would die. He was only 55 when he passed away.
Old 23-06-2011, 05:51 PM
Pathfinder
Thank you Tricia I'm sorry about your loss too, especially him being so young.
Old 25-06-2011, 02:08 AM
NiteOwl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haoma
By the way, for someone to choose heart failure is like saying I have no soul.

Ouch, that was rough. Did you have a family member who died from heart faliure? is it a touchy subject? What did you mean by that exactly??
Old 25-06-2011, 02:12 AM
NiteOwl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaring Thunder
I'm sure this is probably something that has been brought up time and time again but I'm sitting here wondering if it were possible for me to choose a method of death in an incarnation I'm already in.

My prefered cause of death would be due to heart failure.

Why heart faliure?

I feel there is a certain amount of fear behind death and how it will come. Reality is, we won't know until it's time. I understand concern such as that, but there is so much life to live before we are faced with death.

I believe, by setting that intention, you may be attracting circumstances in your life that will lead to heart faliure, and that isn't always such a pretty picture.

Let's see, if I could choose, it would be to drift along in my sleep. :)
Old 25-06-2011, 03:11 AM
mattie

Misinterpretation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haoma
... By the way, for someone to choose heart failure is like saying I have no soul.

Surely we can see that the reference was to the heart as a physical organ & not as an euphemism for the soul/spirit.

Equating the heart, or even the emotions we attribute to the heart to the physical organ is fairly dated in how we understand our energies.
Old 26-06-2011, 02:45 AM
Master
Roaring Thunder... If you want to have the clarity and power to decide how you die, you must develop that in how you live each day.

Xan

Old 26-06-2011, 08:12 AM
Master

I do not know what the others have said, but why would you want to die of heart failure? I think to die in your sleep would be the best way. I do not think we are meant to know when we are going to die unless we have a terminal illness, may be die in a war zone, earthquake etc.