Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 02-07-2011, 03:03 AM
Aglaia

Question Bad fairies?

Is there such a thing as bad fairies? Male or female?
TIA
Old 02-07-2011, 03:13 AM
nightowl

Hey Aglaia,
I am not an expert on the topic, but I do understand that many of the original myths and legends do not paint them a tinker bell types. There can be a dark side to fairies.

nightowl
Old 02-07-2011, 03:34 AM
Aglaia

Thanks, I had a few dreams about a male bad fairy which left me curious although I understand many parts of the dreams, I havent been able to understand more about if there are considered or were considered to be bad fairies.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:41 AM
Master
i wouldn't think that the human concepts of "good"/"bad" apply to fairies. they're not of our species. they're not primate based. their social structure isn't going to resemble ours.

if they're living things they're going to have defense mechanisms.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:46 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
i wouldn't think that the human concepts of "good"/"bad" apply to fairies. they're not of our species. they're not primate based. their social structure isn't going to resemble ours.

if they're living things they're going to have defense mechanisms.

Nice point IQ, evaluating them by our standard could cause a distortion in our understanding of them and how they relate to us.

nightowl
Old 02-07-2011, 03:56 AM
Master
well, can can surmise that camouflage is their principle defense stratedgy. however, they're plant dwellers so they could also employ poison.

and i think they probably have the male gender. they might even be gender changers, like many reef fish and some repitiles. they are pollenators, after all.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:04 AM
mattie

Good/Bad Likely Doesn't Apply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aglaia
[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="Indigo"]Is there such a thing as bad fairies?...

The stalled 4D jokers have the ability to impersonate other energies. This isn’t real power, but just a low-level trick that often gets by us as we often aren’t as adept at understanding the nonphysical territory.

We can vet any energy.

Vetting Nonphysical Entities- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d=1#post156097

I agree w/ Internal Queries about good/bad being a human construct that likely doesn’t apply to this type of energy. Just because there have been stories about ‘bad’ fairies does not mean these tales are true even if they are often repeated & culturally entrenched. It could have been the intent of the originator of the story to generate fear about these beings & discourage us from wanting to contact them. This type of thing, convincing us to be fearful of other energies was done quite a bit.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:03 AM
Aglaia

Thanks all :)
Old 05-07-2011, 08:11 AM
Acchaa Dalit

There are bad fairies if there are bad tigers, or winds, or clouds. Basically, spirits aren't bad until we starting thinking about them, categorising them and the like. Every entity has its direction to take, and the best part of being human is, most species are probably behaving a whole lot better and honestly than us :)

If you're talking about something dark ... sure. They have access to dark energies, but that's not necessarily harmful. It's just angsty - like a sad movie, its energy might be negative, but it can't actually hurt you. The greatest harm comes from being afraid of another entity and its capabilities. On a mental level, we have trust. On the spiritual, we have protection.

So really, it's quite okay for them to be that way. It certainly inspired the Brothers Grimm ...
Old 06-07-2011, 09:15 AM
pictoriale1

Human characteristics do not apply to Nature beings, as they are non-physical
and also non-human.

Expecting them to act and behave as humas do and have the same morals is
pure fantasy, just like the Disney type Faeries that people have come to believe in