Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 16-01-2012, 02:00 AM
Distortedsoundz

All white totem animals?

Hi guys!
I've come to find out, that my spirit animals are a swan,white dove, and baby white seal. (I'm sure there are more critters, but I'll find out more in time.) Is there a meaning behind the fact that ones most prominent spirit animals are white, or is it just cool irony?
I've done my homework on each of these creatures as totem/spirit animals, but I'm just curious about the fact that they are all white, it is definitely one of my favorite colors either way.

Any input is appreciated and thank you
Old 16-01-2012, 03:08 AM
nightowl

It is my understanding that many Native Americans see animals that are white, mostly those that are not normally seen in that color as sacred. Scared in the senses, that they are white makes the animal more visible and makes it more susceptible to its enemy, for it to be living indicates to them that they are special in some way. They must have been very clever and cunning to be able to survive without detection because of there color. Many Native Americans believe it is wrong to kill them in a hunt.

The white buffalo is considered holy among the Lakota...

Now as to you animal guides being white in color, it sounds like you are referring to their natural color.

White is symbolic of;
Purity, Cleanliness, Truth, Innocence, Light.

How does the color relate to who you are?
Old 25-01-2012, 06:42 PM
CaramelDancer

In addition to what's been added here, you might also want to look up the symbolism of white as a colour in general.

Here's a very basic resource:

http://www.squidoo.com/colorexpert
Old 25-01-2012, 06:42 PM
CaramelDancer

And p.s.
Congratulations on the dis-covery of your animal allies/totems.
That is such a gift and I wish you so much fun learning and growth with it.

All the best!