Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 21-11-2010, 01:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Well then, this one's for you...

The Holy One lives inside you— why open your other eyes at all?
Kabir will tell you the truth: Listen, brother! The Guest, who makes my eyes so bright, has made love with me.
Old 21-11-2010, 01:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdizzy
I see what you mean about 'wanting' something and 'needing' something. I just know if i believe in this aspect of spirituality (law of attraction). It just seems wacky compared to all the other aspects of spirituality which is about finding peace and loving other people and being positive/happy. The law of attraction is like a weird sciency concept about the universe making things happen for you, i just dont understand how this got tied with spirituality? I am just only starting to learn about spirituality, and thats just my opinion though.

I hope to learn more about the law of attraction and give it more of a chance. Its weird, because when people pray, they say 'God, please give me love, happiness, ....or wealth etc'......but law of attraction says you are meant to believe YOU ALREADY have something, so what do people say when they pray for things? Or are you not suppose to pray for things (which would make sense if you are suppose to believe/pretend you already have the thing you want so it can be attracted to you) ?????

it's fine to pray for things, but it sort of depends on HOW you pray...some folks basically tell God what to do (for them) whereas others simply ask for help, and this is a good thing, to realize that the ego doesnt have all the answers, and be willing to ask for help, plus it's a good thing to leave things open, let go and let God, with the attitude of "Thy will, not mine", this opens the door for literally anything to happen, rather than demanding you want things this way or that way...and none of this is contrasting against the law of attraction in any way...you can live as if you already have the thing you want, and still ask God to help you accomplish it...
Old 21-11-2010, 07:28 AM
Ciqala

Quote:
I see what you mean about 'wanting' something and 'needing' something. I just know if i believe in this aspect of spirituality (law of attraction). It just seems wacky compared to all the other aspects of spirituality which is about finding peace and loving other people and being positive/happy. The law of attraction is like a weird sciency concept about the universe making things happen for you, i just dont understand how this got tied with spirituality? I am just only starting to learn about spirituality, and thats just my opinion though.

I hope to learn more about the law of attraction and give it more of a chance. Its weird, because when people pray, they say 'God, please give me love, happiness, ....or wealth etc'......but law of attraction says you are meant to believe YOU ALREADY have something, so what do people say when they pray for things? Or are you not suppose to pray for things (which would make sense if you are suppose to believe/pretend you already have the thing you want so it can be attracted to you) ?????

Trying to adapt to new customs that our spirits want us to learn about can be confusing, but since you are already spiritual you probably understand the key concepts, it’s probably just the lingo and wording that is confusing you.

The Law of Attraction is a science. Which means you have to take just a figment of it, the part that does apply to spirituality. I know it can be overly confusing to dissect it all, so perhaps I can try and explain it better.

Pretending that you have already manifested something: This is simply a short cut and unnecessary exercise for people who do not have a faith or spirituality. It is trying to basically teach them the main golden rule of spirituality “belief”.
But since they don’t understand belief, they have to go through all the trouble in pretending, role playing, trying to “believe”. That is all it is.

But If you already have faith or spirituality, then you already have faith that your spirits or higher power are listening to you, and you believe that they will answer your prayers. Thus you don’t even need to pretend, or do any silly exercises the law of attraction says to do. If you are spiritual, you do those things anyways.

The physics of it all, proved these spiritual beliefs:
Do onto others as you would yourself. If you are kind and loving to people, good things will come back to you.
The spiritual part of law of attraction IS about loving other people.
Because if you do something bad to someone, it will come back onto you much worse. You see this spiritual aspect in so many cultures and beliefs, karma, even witch craft, native culture spirituality, the list could go on.
That’s the whole gyst of it. It proves that bad things can make you sick. Negative energies fester and create sickness inside of us. There is no medical cause behind most sicknesses, it is always bad energies, bad spirits, that are making us sick. Thus, if you get into spiritual healing work, and heal yourself with love, compassion and positive things, you can heal. Love is healing, you can heal yourself of anything, any disease, ailment. This scientific theory that has been proven, is ALL spiritual, it practically ****es off all of the modern medical population. They don’t want people knowing they have the power to heal themselves, because that will simply stop their money flow.

If you have spiritually gotten into energy work you will understand this. You can spiritually effect others, and they to you as well.

Praying with the law of attraction simplified to spirituality:
You are supposed to pray. But it would be good, to learn to pray with emotion instead of just words. The spirits will hear you better, when you actually mean it.
You are supposed to pray with your heart in it, meaning it.
Some people even do certain ceremonies or rituals to bring the higher power or spirits attention onto them to make sure they are listening first.
Pay attention to how you pray.
Some spirits and even the higher power may become very confused about what you are sending out to them. We are humans, we don’t always communicate to the spirit world correctly. They hear our inner emotions, they only hear how we feel, it’s not like they understand plain english. They don’t, they don’t understand plain English at all. They can understand your words if you are talented enough to make everything else you send out match your words. They aren’t stupid, they just don’t communicate like we do. They only pay attention to what you are sending out, so be careful what it is you are sending out.
Your words may be truthful, but your feelings may be betraying you.
This means if you are focusing on your pain while you pray, they will actually think you are weird, and think you are asking to suffer more, thus they will grant it to you.
You have to be very direct of what you pray for. And you have to be careful of what you pray for, because you just might get it.

That means, in order to pray in a way to reach them, we have to be very direct, and send our emotions of what we want to tell them, and of what we are asking for them to help us with, exactly.
I’ll give you a scenario of mine. I recently fractured my foot, and I wanted to begin the healing. Well a broken foot was the end of my world, because I am an athlete, so it was a must that it heal ASAP. I got out all the frustration, tears, and woe is me pity (you’ll just have to trust that this was a horrible thing for me, I know a injured foot probably isn’t bad for most people).
Then I prayed by stabling myself, cleansing myself, and making sure I had no bad intentions, no doubts, no horrible feelings inside myself. I try to stray away from the issue as much as possible, because I know that will only lead me to bad emotions. Instead I prayed simply in a healthy spiritual mind set, focusing only on “walking, doing the physical activities I loved, sending them visions of me dancing” I spent much time in that, and my fractured foot actually healed in FOUR days! Even the doctor was amazed at how fast I healed!
But when I send them mixed crazy emotions, they seriously don’t know what I’m talking about, and they think I’m probably on crack or something. And I have before had them grant me the opposite of what I wanted because my emotions were focusing on the pain.
Anyways, I added some prayer techniques from my own experiences too, but it all ties into the whole mess of what the law of attraction is trying to get at.
Old 21-11-2010, 09:12 AM
Master
When you were a kid and believed in Santa Clause and like...what was your frame of thought? "I want Santa to bring me a ......" . That's all your mind would focus on for months before-hand. Wanting this new bike or toy and telling your parents and such what you asked Santa for. Truly believing that Santa would put that under the tree for you and xmas morning you'd rush out and expect to see it under the tree.
That's focusing the mind. You knew no different then. You didn't question or say "what if's".......you just trusted and believed.

The same is for this exercise. It's not about what you see in the mirror each day. It's about changing the mind's focus. To re-train the mind and create new neuro-paths to the pattern of the brain's thinking. So when you focus away from what you see to what you want to see, the brain will eventually get the message and begin to 'see' things differently and begin to create that reality.

You can do this in many ways...be creative. Cut pics out of magazines of clear-skinned faces and paste them up on your bathroom mirror, near your bed, on the fridge. Sit quietly and see in your mind's eye your skin looking clear and fresh and vibrant....take that and flow it throughout your whole body. Write it down each day. Draw pictures of yourself looking how you want. This is Law of Attraction.

The energies your exerting towards this are what you will attract back to you. The more intense, the quicker the reaction. What you project out is what the 'world' sees and will be the energy that you also attract back to you.
If you're depressed, then that's what you project and its only course is to seek more that brings back to you anything that will depress you further.

It doesn't matter what you see right now, but what you continually focus on.

It's like when you decide to go buy some new clothes, car, or tv. You begin by deciding what you want, how much you want to invest and where you go to purchase it. You may spend time looking at shop pamphlets or window-shopping. You may do some research into what kind of car is most appropriate for your needs....that's focus with intent. You may find the perfect tv quickly because you spent a lot of time looking into it and a lot of energy getting out to the shops to search for the right one.

It's all the same process.. I hope that helps you understand it more.
Old 21-11-2010, 02:08 PM
hdizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciqala
Trying to adapt to new customs that our spirits want us to learn about can be confusing, but since you are already spiritual you probably understand the key concepts, it’s probably just the lingo and wording that is confusing you.

The Law of Attraction is a science. Which means you have to take just a figment of it, the part that does apply to spirituality. I know it can be overly confusing to dissect it all, so perhaps I can try and explain it better.

Pretending that you have already manifested something: This is simply a short cut and unnecessary exercise for people who do not have a faith or spirituality. It is trying to basically teach them the main golden rule of spirituality “belief”.
But since they don’t understand belief, they have to go through all the trouble in pretending, role playing, trying to “believe”. That is all it is.

But If you already have faith or spirituality, then you already have faith that your spirits or higher power are listening to you, and you believe that they will answer your prayers. Thus you don’t even need to pretend, or do any silly exercises the law of attraction says to do. If you are spiritual, you do those things anyways.

The physics of it all, proved these spiritual beliefs:
Do onto others as you would yourself. If you are kind and loving to people, good things will come back to you.
The spiritual part of law of attraction IS about loving other people.
Because if you do something bad to someone, it will come back onto you much worse. You see this spiritual aspect in so many cultures and beliefs, karma, even witch craft, native culture spirituality, the list could go on.
That’s the whole gyst of it. It proves that bad things can make you sick. Negative energies fester and create sickness inside of us. There is no medical cause behind most sicknesses, it is always bad energies, bad spirits, that are making us sick. Thus, if you get into spiritual healing work, and heal yourself with love, compassion and positive things, you can heal. Love is healing, you can heal yourself of anything, any disease, ailment. This scientific theory that has been proven, is ALL spiritual, it practically ****es off all of the modern medical population. They don’t want people knowing they have the power to heal themselves, because that will simply stop their money flow.

If you have spiritually gotten into energy work you will understand this. You can spiritually effect others, and they to you as well.

Praying with the law of attraction simplified to spirituality:
You are supposed to pray. But it would be good, to learn to pray with emotion instead of just words. The spirits will hear you better, when you actually mean it.
You are supposed to pray with your heart in it, meaning it.
Some people even do certain ceremonies or rituals to bring the higher power or spirits attention onto them to make sure they are listening first.
Pay attention to how you pray.
Some spirits and even the higher power may become very confused about what you are sending out to them. We are humans, we don’t always communicate to the spirit world correctly. They hear our inner emotions, they only hear how we feel, it’s not like they understand plain english. They don’t, they don’t understand plain English at all. They can understand your words if you are talented enough to make everything else you send out match your words. They aren’t stupid, they just don’t communicate like we do. They only pay attention to what you are sending out, so be careful what it is you are sending out.
Your words may be truthful, but your feelings may be betraying you.
This means if you are focusing on your pain while you pray, they will actually think you are weird, and think you are asking to suffer more, thus they will grant it to you.
You have to be very direct of what you pray for. And you have to be careful of what you pray for, because you just might get it.

That means, in order to pray in a way to reach them, we have to be very direct, and send our emotions of what we want to tell them, and of what we are asking for them to help us with, exactly.
I’ll give you a scenario of mine. I recently fractured my foot, and I wanted to begin the healing. Well a broken foot was the end of my world, because I am an athlete, so it was a must that it heal ASAP. I got out all the frustration, tears, and woe is me pity (you’ll just have to trust that this was a horrible thing for me, I know a injured foot probably isn’t bad for most people).
Then I prayed by stabling myself, cleansing myself, and making sure I had no bad intentions, no doubts, no horrible feelings inside myself. I try to stray away from the issue as much as possible, because I know that will only lead me to bad emotions. Instead I prayed simply in a healthy spiritual mind set, focusing only on “walking, doing the physical activities I loved, sending them visions of me dancing” I spent much time in that, and my fractured foot actually healed in FOUR days! Even the doctor was amazed at how fast I healed!
But when I send them mixed crazy emotions, they seriously don’t know what I’m talking about, and they think I’m probably on crack or something. And I have before had them grant me the opposite of what I wanted because my emotions were focusing on the pain.
Anyways, I added some prayer techniques from my own experiences too, but it all ties into the whole mess of what the law of attraction is trying to get at.

Thanks for this, its cleared up some things. I guess it makes sense in a way, because for the last few years, I have just spent my time and thoughts being negative about my present situation. And this probably explains why nothing much in my life has changed in the last few years, ive probably been attracting the same things because i keep thinking negatively. Im trying harder recently to sort my life out though, so will see how all of this pans out
Old 21-11-2010, 02:13 PM
hdizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
When you were a kid and believed in Santa Clause and like...what was your frame of thought? "I want Santa to bring me a ......" . That's all your mind would focus on for months before-hand. Wanting this new bike or toy and telling your parents and such what you asked Santa for. Truly believing that Santa would put that under the tree for you and xmas morning you'd rush out and expect to see it under the tree.
That's focusing the mind. You knew no different then. You didn't question or say "what if's".......you just trusted and believed.

The same is for this exercise. It's not about what you see in the mirror each day. It's about changing the mind's focus. To re-train the mind and create new neuro-paths to the pattern of the brain's thinking. So when you focus away from what you see to what you want to see, the brain will eventually get the message and begin to 'see' things differently and begin to create that reality.

You can do this in many ways...be creative. Cut pics out of magazines of clear-skinned faces and paste them up on your bathroom mirror, near your bed, on the fridge. Sit quietly and see in your mind's eye your skin looking clear and fresh and vibrant....take that and flow it throughout your whole body. Write it down each day. Draw pictures of yourself looking how you want. This is Law of Attraction.

The energies your exerting towards this are what you will attract back to you. The more intense, the quicker the reaction. What you project out is what the 'world' sees and will be the energy that you also attract back to you.
If you're depressed, then that's what you project and its only course is to seek more that brings back to you anything that will depress you further.

It doesn't matter what you see right now, but what you continually focus on.

It's like when you decide to go buy some new clothes, car, or tv. You begin by deciding what you want, how much you want to invest and where you go to purchase it. You may spend time looking at shop pamphlets or window-shopping. You may do some research into what kind of car is most appropriate for your needs....that's focus with intent. You may find the perfect tv quickly because you spent a lot of time looking into it and a lot of energy getting out to the shops to search for the right one.

It's all the same process.. I hope that helps you understand it more.

Wow, you explained this in a great way. I think you are right, i suppose i dont need to question it and know all the minor details - i just need to believe and apply it. I will start being more conscious about the energies im sending out, il start printing out pictures of what i want etc, i guess there is no harm in trying all this, i guess i have nothing to lose, thanks
Old 21-11-2010, 02:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Wow, you explained this in a great way. I think you are right, i suppose i dont need to question it and know all the minor details - i just need to believe and apply it. I will start being more conscious about the energies im sending out, il start printing out pictures of what i want etc, i guess there is no harm in trying all this, i guess i have nothing to lose, thanks

Your welcome...too cool!