Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 22-10-2010, 09:55 PM
Radiant Soul

Law of attraction

I'm reading this book called Law of Attraction by Esther and Jerry Hicks. I love it! I'm more conscious of my thoughts and feelings now and I make it appointment to set aside time to "consciously create" what I want as it suggests. One thing that I am wondering... Well let me use an example. In the past I had became use to people coming in and out of my life so I always expected it and by law, I kept attracting it. Now I am focusing on being surrounded with life long meaningful friends. So I noticed that I have been running into friends from years back and meeting new people and even though I know I attracted them in my life on purpose sometimes I can't help but in the back of my mind think revert back to my old way of thinking that they will only be around temporarily. Any suggestions on how to overcome these negatives thoughts?
Old 22-10-2010, 10:22 PM
Guide
Where do you think those negative thoughts come from? Maybe it would be of benefit to try and see what part of the psyche manifests these ideas/thoughts.

It's not usually easy, but if you learn to observe then you can catch them popping up and find a cause.

Hope you figure it out, best wishes.
Old 22-10-2010, 10:23 PM
star-child

Hello! I have just finished reading a book by Esther and Jerry Hicks too, I know they have quite a few out and I think two have similar names so you may be reading the same book I just finished, if you are then there are 22 processes at the end and a few help to overcome negative thoughts which may hinder what you want to manifest but don't rush through it

I have a few ongoing negative thoughts which will probably affect what I wish to manifest and I am trying my best to overcome the thought patterns too. I find meditation helps, when I simply sit in silence and just focus on my breathing it shows that I can completely clear my mind and I do have control over my thoughts thus creating my reality. Sometimes I use EFT if I find it difficult to get rid of a negative thought. You could work on believing that you can change these thoughts, maybe try to devise an affirmation that feels right and say it whenever you catch one of your negative thoughts. Say it, feel it and believe it!

You can do this, love Sophie.
Old 24-10-2010, 07:34 PM
Radiant Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apakhana Akshobhya
Where do you think those negative thoughts come from? Maybe it would be of benefit to try and see what part of the psyche manifests these ideas/thoughts.

I have been doing some thinking and I figured out that it stems from childhood experiences. I am trying to work through my emotions behind the events and find resolution. Thank you for asking me this question. I kind of knew I was affected by my past but I never really sat down and looked below the surface of things. Thank you again
Old 24-10-2010, 07:49 PM
Radiant Soul

Thank you Star-Child for your reply. I am so excited! This book has changed my life. I can't wait to get to the processes. I have tried meditation, but I can't seem to shut my thoughts down. I will give it another try.Thank you for the encouragement! I have never heard of using EFT. What is it?
Old 24-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Master
in my opionion keep manifesting and thinking good thoughts, you cannot keep "bad" thoughts from cropping up that's for sure. It takes a while for your brain and your body to get used to a new concept and "bad thoughts" aren't bad you just have to let the manifesting thoughts sound louder to the universe.
Spiritlite.
Old 24-10-2010, 08:38 PM
Master
Radiant Soul... As I understand it, the Abraham Hicks books describe how to release negative thought patterns as that is an essential part of creating new ones. Keep reading.

Xan

Old 25-10-2010, 01:38 AM
JohnL

I've also read the Abraham Hicks books. In fact, I think I have almost all of them. The one thing they don't explain is how to clear out negative thoughts that always come up.

They're contention is that positive thinking via the processes they teach is basically all you need. However, unless those negative thoughts are purged they will still come up.

Consider all the millionaires and billionaires who obviously have a positive mind frame about money... yet... some of them still go broke. How can that be?

My opinion is that positive thinking only "masks" or suppresses the negative. On some topics you can do that better than others depending on the person.

But eventually, those negative thoughts come up.

Clearing them out is the only real solution.

Then they're gone.
Old 25-10-2010, 06:38 AM
Gerryh

The best way to clear old negative thought patterns is to get hold of subliminal affirmations that help you to change the programs that run in your subconcious mind.This usually takes about 30 days.
Beswt wishes Gerry
Old 25-10-2010, 11:20 AM
star-child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiant Soul
Thank you Star-Child for your reply. I am so excited! This book has changed my life. I can't wait to get to the processes. I have tried meditation, but I can't seem to shut my thoughts down. I will give it another try.Thank you for the encouragement! I have never heard of using EFT. What is it?

Hello I sometimes find that with meditation too, one thing that helps is focusing on my breath and counting to 3 on the in breath and 3 out. In the book they have a process which talks about meditation.

I'm not really sure how to explain EFT properly lol but Xan has a good thread on it - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4478 or you can see a practitioner. My hynotherapist taught EFT and I was able to learn it in one session - it's very simple. Hynotherapy would also be beneficial for your negative thoughts as it works on the subconscious.

Sophie x