Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 20-01-2015, 11:34 PM
Pathfinder

Dream like state.

Recently I have had a cancer scare. I was lucky and the results showed that I'm ok. That it is benign.
Anyway for three weeks whilst waiting for my biopsy results I started having a strange experience. Not sure what to make of it. It began in a cafe in the town near where I live. Suddenly everything around me felt and looked unreal. Sort of a dream like state. It was as though I was suddenly aware that everything around me was just a dream just an illusion. That nothing around me was real. Also sound became distorted.
I had this experience on a number of occasions. Over a three week period.
Was this some sort of spiritual awareness or was this just caused by the stress of the situation.
I would to know everyone else's opinion on this.
It reminded me of a time when walking out of doors many years ago and I looked around me and everything around looked much brighter much fresher and full of light. On that occasion I felt over come with a great sense of pure happiness and absolute piece. I have had this second experience a few times since. But non as strong as that first time.
Old 21-01-2015, 01:34 AM
Super Moderator
I am glad to hear your cancer scare is over and whatever was wrong was benign.

I think any experience which removes us from the usual conditioned tracks of our ego can result in strange and unusual perceptions. Yours sound extremely positive!
It seems we all live under so many things here which cloud our Soul's natural perception. But sometimes the clouds part and we get momentary glimpses of another way of seeing.

Some people might call these things 'de-realisation episodes' or 'de-personalisation'. But what psychology doesn't take into account is the realities of Soul.
But to be wise, I'd say that if this happens frequently and especially if you find it upsetting or unbalancing in any way or sense there is something hindering your life about it then get some medical advice.
Old 21-01-2015, 03:18 AM
Master
It reminds me of Tolle's coming awake experience when he realized there were two I's inside of him. It's as Tobi says a dis-identification from mind I suspect. He explains it very well in his books, you will probably find it on youtube.

On the other hand the description of everything appearing bright, pristine and full of color reminds me of lucid dreams I have where it's almost to bright to continuously look.
Old 21-01-2015, 03:12 PM
Pathfinder

Ah thank you to Tobi. I think I understand. It is probably my minds way of protecting me from the situation. I have been known to have moments like that in the past. Where I can block things out that are extremely stressful. ( mild dissociation).
Hard to explain. But similar losing short moments of time and not remembering it afterwards. People who have witnessed have said that I sort of go into a daze. This was explained to me as my minds way of protecting me. I didn't recognise it for what it was this time as I was far more aware of my surroundings on this occasion. Even though everything was sort of dream like. In the past these episodes I have been unaware of. This was put down to my having suffered trauma as a child.
Fortunately it is not distressing for me and has not happened for a long time. So it is probs due to the stress I was under at the time. Have not experienced it since I had my results. Turns out the lesion I had on my tongue is probably due to some sort of allergy to titanium. I have two titanium plates in my neck after surgery on my spine to remove two discs. This was done eighteen mons ago. I also had a lump in my throat. So you can imagine how scared it was.
This I can cope with as I have been through much worse. So will need to have the plates removed. Who knows maybe these episodes are a way for our souls to cope for short periods of time. In difficult situations. To sort of remove us from the situation for a little time.
The other experience I had years ago. Now that I'm sure was spiritual. It was such a wonderful feeling. I have had the feeling on occasions since. But never as strong as the first time. It is a sort of de ja vue feeling.
Old 22-01-2015, 02:26 AM
Super Moderator
I wish you well with your health, and the very best wishes for any surgery you may have. Yes it's probably a protection mechanism. Not a lot wrong with that, I think. And I don't necessarily think that placing our focus on other realities beyond the every-day blatant stuff is such a bad idea.
Distraction of one kind or another can be used very constructively when it comes to helping fear and illness, and raising vibrations.
Old 22-01-2015, 01:27 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Some people might call these things 'de-realisation episodes' or 'de-personalisation'. But what psychology doesn't take into account is the realities of Soul.

Yes, exactly. 99.99% of mainstream psychologists haven't a clue about these things
Glad your cancer alert as a false alarm.
l'd say your experiences are probably a 'Spiritual Awakening' of some kind - unless your taking drugs or nootropics etc..Your True-Self or Soul is coming out from behind the veil. When the timing's right, the soul will come to the front aka those experiences.
lt's like a chick pecking away inside it's egg. Eventually, little holes are made and the true light begins to penetrate the darkness..
Old 22-01-2015, 01:29 PM
Pathfinder

Thank you. Yes it has helped me understand a little more. It was just an odd feeling. I'm not too worried about the surgery. It is far better than the alternative. I've had similar surgery before. But I know that the previous surgery was far worse than the one I will be having to face.
To be honest it is just a relief that I finally know what is wrong and I know that it is something that can be cured. X
Old 22-01-2015, 01:52 PM
Suspended

You'd think they would test for titanium 'allergy' before inserting it in you body. We're like guinea pigs to these ppl.
Old 22-01-2015, 02:10 PM
Pathfinder

We certainly are. But then again without the plates I wouldn't have been able to have the fusion. Before the surgery I was almost crippled down one arm and I was in constant pain. So guess once the plates are removed it will all be worth it in the end. X
Old 22-01-2015, 02:22 PM
Pathfinder

We certainly are. But then again without the plates I wouldn't have been able to have the fusion. Before the surgery I was almost crippled down one arm and I was in constant pain. So guess once the plates are removed it will all be worth it in the end. X