Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > UFOs

Old 14-09-2012, 04:00 AM
Master
amy - I wasn't really serious, just joking around. I have been interested in the topic recently, so i am happy to post different things in this thread, obviously most people aren't going to have much to add unless they are also looking into the specific subject of UFO's in the news as well. And that is all good.

I highly recommend the John Keel book i have quoted from above, it is very illuminating i find, he is the same guy i believe involved in the Point Pleasant happenings. I am not saying i endorse everything he says as truth, but he has done quite a bit of first hand street level research and comes up with some interesting conclusions and hypotheticals.

Here is part 4 of the Walter Kronkite alien news report special. Carl Sagan makes an appearance in an interview, along with another IBM add that is really surreal. Of special interest to me, was the very definitive and assured tone they take by the end of the program, and Kronkite's closing remarks in particular i found fascinating in this respect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ndm09mvGiw0

Here is George Knapp of Coast to Coast AM fame doing an interview for CBS news with a former Army Intelligence officer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBFzpcSxkYk&feature=relmfu

News story with pilot who witnessed a UFO. Interview and footage, from 2011 in South Carolina, WNBF news. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmCkjbZUvQI&feature=player_embedded
Old 14-09-2012, 04:08 PM
amy green

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deusdrum
amy - I wasn't really serious, just joking around. I have been interested in the topic recently, so i am happy to post different things in this thread, obviously most people aren't going to have much to add unless they are also looking into the specific subject of UFO's in the news as well. And that is all good.

Here is George Knapp of Coast to Coast AM fame doing an interview for CBS news with a former Army Intelligence officer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBFzpcSxkYk&feature=relmfu
O.K. Deusdrum - glad to hear you're O.K with the "tumbleweed"!

The above clip - with Alexander - is quite an unusual one for you to include. He discounts the UFO phenomenon but hints at wanting to do research into what might actually be there. Teasing that this is not explained! Any ideas what he may be implying here?
Old 14-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
O.K. Deusdrum - glad to hear you're O.K with the "tumbleweed"!

The above clip - with Alexander - is quite an unusual one for you to include. He discounts the UFO phenomenon but hints at wanting to do research into what might actually be there. Teasing that this is not explained! Any ideas what he may be implying here?

Why do you say it's an unusual one to include? From what i gathered by watching the interview, he does not discount but confirms his belief in the phenomenon. The contentious thing with him apparently is that he claims that he found no evidence of any government cover-up. His one statement was especially interesting to me when he says, "The true believers are even more intolerant than the skeptics."

If we are to believe his story, he lead his governmental investigative panel and found many cases of interest, but no cover-up or black ops kind of thing related to UFO's. So to me there are a few possibilities; a)he's telling the truth and their is no big cover-up conspiracy; b)he's lying and is a plant feeding the public what the government wants him to say; c)he's telling the truth but simply could not uncover the true conspiracy or conspirators due to the incredible level of 'need to know' compartmentalization that the U.S. intelligence community operates under, or was in some way mislead, did not have high enough clearance, was thrown off the trail or just unsuccessful in his research and detective work.

The CBS Kronkite special is funny to me because of how sure of themselves all of these government and scientist people are. Hynek in particular seems kind of pompous at times. The question to me is, is this what they really believed? Or were they with-holding something? I'm not saying i think they were, but who knows. The way Kronkite firmly dismisses it all with such finality really sort of sums up the mentality of the msm at the time, and i find the whole hard core materialistic science only POV from Kronkite amusing.
Old 14-09-2012, 09:33 PM
Master
ooooo here's a good one. An original radio news broadcast from 1947 regarding the Roswell incident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUlCBY-K9A8

*rubs chin* Verrry interesting. Very interesting indeed- muhahahahahahahaha!
Old 14-09-2012, 09:46 PM
amy green

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deusdrum
ooooo here's a good one. An original radio news broadcast from 1947 regarding the Roswell incident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUlCBY-K9A8

*rubs chin* Verrry interesting. Very interesting indeed- muhahahahahahahaha!
Indeed interesting...before the US got to censor the info huh? They later of course disclaimed the evidence of UFO in Roswell,
i.e.in the papers. Unedited breaking news is inspiring.

(Incidentally sorry about the misunderstanding in my previous post on Alexander. Had a demanding day - I knew he was adamant about something...just got the wrong point! )
Old 15-09-2012, 01:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
Indeed interesting...before the US got to censor the info huh? They later of course disclaimed the evidence of UFO in Roswell,
i.e.in the papers. Unedited breaking news is inspiring.

(Incidentally sorry about the misunderstanding in my previous post on Alexander. Had a demanding day - I knew he was adamant about something...just got the wrong point! )

No apology necessary Amy, no worries. I basically am throwing up any and everything i find in any news related to the UFO/alien phenom. As much as possible, from every different angle (although with news it seems there are some constant patterns involved in how the subject is approached and presented) to get as wide a scope as possible.

It is basically a sociological perspective i'm trying to present here, i have my own opinions of course leaning this way or that, but part of the attraction for me is the utter mystery of it all. There always seems to be some evidence that contradicts some other evidence that looks to be equally as valid in many cases.

The UFO topic is like the ultimate rabbit hole to me, because you have seemingly physical objects, acting in apparently physically impossible ways, so now there is the energetic consideration, psychological aspects (especially in abduction cases) hard, knock on wood physical science (though physics nowadays looks less and less like a "hard" science) all mixed in with Spirituality, metaphysics, philosophy, the occult, religion etc. etc.

It really seems to run the gamut across so many areas and disciplines, and is enshrouded in so much mystery, smoke and mirrors that studying how people react to it in the form of witnesses, government personnel, news casters, reporters and the media in general i find interesting. How it effects people could possibly help to tell us something about the phenomenon itself i feel, especially considering how secretive and illusive it seems to be able to pin down on it's own.

Pondering rant over, hahaha. In John Keel's book he actually advises people not to get into it or to even allow one's kids to get into the subject. Throughout the book he gives various different examples of how it has ruined and in some cases ended many lives of those who get too deeply involved. There is one part where he quotes a part of the bible, Job38:31;

"Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion?"

Which is worth noting he says because many an alleged ufo contactee over the years has equated 'good aliens' as coming from the Pleades star system and 'bad aliens' from the Orion system, to see it suggested that way in the bible is sort of compelling, but Keel makes no conclusions about this and kind of leaves it in the air.
Old 15-09-2012, 11:02 PM
Master
Continuing on with the Sociological theme, here is the complete Orson Welles 'War of the Worlds' radio broadcast from 1938. Many of you may know the story of what ensued in the form of public panic caused by this broadcast, i believe someone even mentioned it in this or another thread. I haven't listened to the whole thing yet myself, but anyways, here she is;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs0K4ApWl4g

Mass sighting in the news, allegedly with solution, though they are vague about it. With video and multiple witness testimony. From July 10, 2012 in Michigan, WWTV News with the story.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s8DTL03tOM&feature=related

And here is one where several apparent UFO's are captured during the weather anchor's forecast, and he comments on the lights. (They show a camera facing the sky on the screen, as they often do on t.v. weather reports, this is where the UFO's appear).

August 19, 2012, from KTLA News in Long Beach California.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHo0yt91K6Y
Old 15-09-2012, 11:12 PM
Master
To put the Orson Welles broadcast in some context, here is a quote from wikipedia over the incident.

"Some listeners heard only a portion of the broadcast and, in the atmosphere of tension and anxiety prior to World War II, took it to be an actual news broadcast.[1] Newspapers reported that panic ensued, with people across the Northeastern United States and Canada fleeing their homes. Some people called CBS, newspapers or the police in confusion over the realism of the news bulletins.[7][8]

Future Tonight Show host Jack Paar had announcing duties that night for Cleveland CBS affiliate WGAR. As panicked listeners called the studio, Paar attempted to calm them on the phone and on air by saying, "The world is not coming to an end. Trust me. When have I ever lied to you?" When the listeners started charging Paar with "covering up the truth", he called WGAR's station manager for help. Oblivious to the situation, the manager advised Paar to calm down, saying it was "all a tempest in a teapot."[9]

In Concrete, Washington, phone lines and electricity went out due to a short-circuit at the Superior Portland Cement Company's substation. Residents were unable to call neighbors, family or friends to calm their fears. Reporters who heard of the coincidental blackout sent the story over the news-wire, and soon Concrete was known worldwide.[10]

Within one month, newspapers had published 12,500 articles about the broadcast and its impact. Adolf Hitler cited the panic, as Richard J. Hand writes, as "evidence of the decadence and corrupt condition of democracy."[11]

(full entry on link)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_War_of_the_Worlds_%28radio_drama%29

And here is Welles with some commentary on his broadcast and stories about people's reaction to it. Highly recommended, puts some perspective on his intentions regarding the radio program as well. Welles makes some very pertinent points regarding the media, and people's tendency to just accept everything that comes over the airwaves as truth and the dangers of doing so, as the broadcast of 'War of the Worlds' illustrates. One wonders how much else in the media and on the news, then or now, is swallowed up in much the same manner, though perhaps with less extreme but more subtle, yet just as real in it's effects on the mind, beliefs, subconscious, etc. both individually and collectively.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfNsCcOHsNI&feature=related
Old 23-09-2012, 09:32 AM
Master
Ok no more proselytizing for awhile i promise hahaha.

The real battle of Los Angeles, an NBC news story about a UFO in 1942 over Los Angeles that allegedly took fire from U.S. military and was not taken down or seemingly damaged. Shows newspaper headlines from back relating to the incident, has an interview with a UFO researcher who describes the apparent even, and end it off with a skeptic debunker poo pooing the story.

Uploaded in December 2009. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWi3wDbo9K0
Old 23-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Master
Interview Dates - Bob Lazar

I have to say that things just floating around are not very impressive.
When something exhibits non classical physics, Thats Impressive!

Meanwhile, there is this, involving a recent Space.Com article.
According to a recent article at space.com, in 1994 a Mexican physicist proposed a theory about how Star Trek type warp drive may be feasible by going around the, "speed of light" law, by bending space/time around the craft, by producing an
intense gravitational field from within the craft.

I looked up the information on Bob Lazar, who purportedly was an eye witness investigator to alien craft at the Groom Lake facility, near Area 51.

This webpage, about an interview with him, states that it was done in 1990...
A few years before the Mexican physicist's pronouncement.

This page involves the interview with Lazar involving the Testor Model Company's planned production of what Lazar called, "The Sport Model", regarding the craft he observed and investigated, for the purpose of the government's, "back engineering", of it.
Which the govt. continually denied when Lazar came out with this disclosure.
This is a good article. -
http://www.stealthskater.com/Documents/Andrews_1.pdf

Here is the space.com article:
http://www.space.com/17628-warp-drive-possible-interstellar-spaceflight.html

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein