Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 13-12-2017, 03:26 AM
Newbie ;)

My last experience

Truth be told, it has been more than a few years since I consistently meditated. My last experience while meditating may have something to do with that so come along on this journey with me and let me know your thoughts on this experience.

Not long after I started on this forum in 2011, I ran into another member with whom I started having conversations with via PM (that person will remain nameless). This person made it seem as though s/he was some sort of collector who deemed whether or not people were worthy of advancing along their path and if they weren't s/he would take their ability away from them.

Not long after I had this discussion with this person I sat down for my normal nightly meditation session. It started out quite standard for me, chills running up and down my back, flashes of lights and images, and then something occurred for the first time ever. The only way I could describe it would be as if there was some sort of vortex that came out of my third eye and began lifting me up out of my seat even though I wasn't moving. It was an amazing feeling but also kinda scary/startling since it had never occurred before.

The next day I was reflecting on my experience when I remember my conversations with this individual and it made me wonder, had this person not found me worthy and the experience from the night before was of s/he taking my abilities away from me? Should I not continue on my path? This portion of my tale seems quite silly looking back on it now. For me to think that someone has the ability to take away something as powerful as that doesn't seem possible but I had many experiences leading up to those conversations that I didn't think were possible before too so who was I to discount his/her ability.

Sorry, I feel as though I'm rambling now so I'll cut myself off by merely asking if anyone else has had a similar experience while meditating. I look forward to diving head first back into my meditations and seeing where they take me from here!
Old 14-12-2017, 02:19 AM
Newbie ;)

So I'm going to guess that from the lack of response here that either a) no one has had anything close to this happen to them or b) no one wants to touch this one wit a 10 foot pole.
Old 15-12-2017, 11:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyTheTulip
Truth be told, it has been more than a few years since I consistently meditated. My last experience while meditating may have something to do with that so come along on this journey with me and let me know your thoughts on this experience.

Not long after I started on this forum in 2011, I ran into another member with whom I started having conversations with via PM (that person will remain nameless). This person made it seem as though s/he was some sort of collector who deemed whether or not people were worthy of advancing along their path and if they weren't s/he would take their ability away from them.

Quote:
Not long after I had this discussion with this person I sat down for my normal nightly meditation session. It started out quite standard for me, chills running up and down my back, flashes of lights and images, and then something occurred for the first time ever. The only way I could describe it would be as if there was some sort of vortex that came out of my third eye and began lifting me up out of my seat even though I wasn't moving. It was an amazing feeling but also kinda scary/startling since it had never occurred before.

The next day I was reflecting on my experience when I remember my conversations with this individual and it made me wonder, had this person not found me worthy and the experience from the night before was of s/he taking my abilities away from me? Should I not continue on my path? This portion of my tale seems quite silly looking back on it now. For me to think that someone has the ability to take away something as powerful as that doesn't seem possible but I had many experiences leading up to those conversations that I didn't think were possible before too so who was I to discount his/her ability.

Sorry, I feel as though I'm rambling now so I'll cut myself off by merely asking if anyone else has had a similar experience while meditating. I look forward to diving head first back into my meditations and seeing where they take me from here!

Well, your PM person isn't anything that concerns me.

But

The meditation experience is an interesting one, though I wouldn't know what it means. I realise new and unusual experiences can be scary/startling but we can only do our best to keep that stillness of mind, so yes indeed, continue that path as the stillness applies to us all while our experiences apply individually.
Old 17-12-2017, 03:13 AM
Experiencer
Hello JimmyTheTulip,

While I don't know the person who PMed you I can say that often people make things up because they enjoy feeling powerful by intimidating or impressing others. Be very wary of this, and I can confidently say that in most cases you can safely dismiss such a claim as the one that person made.

Next, what you felt. I do a lot of meditation and I know exactly what you are talking about. It isn't unusual! Don't be afraid. :) It is a sort of mental displacement. When you remove your senses from the physical self, and bring them closer to the spiritual self, sometimes this can create a feeling of separation, to the extent of literally moving your conscious awareness a bit. This could even lead into a full astral projection experience, which is when you temporarily leave your physical body using your spiritual body. Interesting stuff, eh? I hope that helps!