Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Aromatherapy

Old 14-10-2010, 05:43 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainsAndSewingMachines
I don't know much about aromatherapy, or if this post is even fitting for this thread or not but...

I have found peppermint oil to be very helpful to me. I find it to be the same with peppermint tea. I find that is clears my head, wakes me up, and helps me to be focused. It helps me to remove blockages and "see" much more clearly in regards to readings.

I used to have a small bottle of peppermint oil that I would carry with me, and sniff occassionally hahaha. I know that seems very strange, and I'm sure people were wondering what the heck I was up to, but I loved it. In the time that I was doing this I was "seeing" things much more clearly in everyday life, picking up on much more that I was used to.

So yeah, peppermint... haha

-TrainsAndSewingMachines

Yes, peppermint is an energizer/pick-me-up! It's also quite good for alleviating nausea
Old 14-10-2010, 05:45 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah85
Thank you for sharing. I love peppermint flavour and fragrance, so it might be a nice shot for me

Have you had any experience with an essence that helps you find deeper relaxation and easy sleep? Let me know, if you do. And yeah, peppermint is just great on everything. Bath lotion, ice cream, chocolate...

What earthprowler said... definitely lavender! In bath water is great, but can be rubbed into wrists or a drop put on jammie top so you get gentle wifts of it all night as you sleep. It really relaxes me. I find myrrh helpful for that, and for deepening meditation as well
Old 14-10-2010, 06:20 PM
Master
Lavender tea is also very helpful in relaxing you.
Spiritlite
Old 15-10-2010, 06:35 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
Lavender tea is also very helpful in relaxing you.
Spiritlite

Hi Spirit! I didn't know lavender was available in tea... I imagine it would be quite soothing! Do you find it at Health Food Stores? What is the taste like? I don't as a rule care for strong herbal teas.
Old 15-10-2010, 07:35 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Quote:
Trains.:I have found peppermint oil to be very helpful to me. I find it to be the same with peppermint tea. I find that is clears my head, wakes me up, and helps me to be focused. It helps me to remove blockages and "see" much more clearly in regards to readings.

I agree and while I don't do readings or anything of the sort, I am finding it helpful with regards to my CFS.
Old 17-10-2010, 01:08 AM
Master
Yes you can buy lavender tea in the bulk section of the store, it doesn't taste very well so I put honey in it.
Spiritlite
Old 17-10-2010, 07:01 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
Yes you can buy lavender tea in the bulk section of the store, it doesn't taste very well so I put honey in it.
Spiritlite

Thank you Spiritlite! I'll try it
Old 18-11-2010, 11:48 PM
wishescometrue

Quote:
Thank you for sharing. I love peppermint flavour and fragrance, so it might be a nice shot for me

Have you had any experience with an essence that helps you find deeper relaxation and easy sleep? Let me know, if you do. And yeah, peppermint is just great on everything. Bath lotion, ice cream, chocolate...

Have you tried Clary Sage for this? it is a relaxant and will help with sleep, the only thing being that you shouldn't drink before using it and that it should be used just before bed as it relaxes you so much you want to make sure you not doing anything like driving etc... afterwards.

You can either use as a massage oil, up to 6 drops per 10ml of carrier oil, in a bath, 6 drops dissolved in full fat milk, or a few (2/3) drops on a tissue and placed by your pillow before sleep.

Also, do not use if you are pregnant as it can bring on contractions.

I have had lots of good reports from this from clients.

Hope it helps, there are more if you would like as well...
Old 19-11-2010, 03:23 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:

Be carefull with peppermint oil... some people's skin is sensitive to it, and it can be an irritant. When using it directly on the skin, best to dilute it in a carrier oil. I like almond oil because it doesn't need to be refridgerated

As for relaxation, I have a friend who mixes lavender oil in her bath, turns the lights off, burns candles, plays soothing New Age music, and eats a bowl of ice cream with chocolate sauce..! She says it's got all the aspects of the womb, and thus is very reasurring and relaxing
Old 19-11-2010, 04:38 PM
Erato

Thumbs up

I love the smell of peppermint and am thinking of making my own peppermint oil with dried homegrown peppermint and a carrier oil.

Does anyone else dislike lavender or is it just me? There is something about the scent that I find repulsive.