Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 27-11-2019, 10:39 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by weareunity
Hello all.

Wondering about-- how powerful is our need for an explanation when contemplating the unknown?

And so on--

petex
How powerful is your need to be Spiritual, to have Spiritual knowledge, understandings, realisations.......????? Powerful enough to bring you here.

Underpinning all of Spirituality is human nature.
Old 27-11-2019, 02:28 PM
Ascender

Hello Greenslade.

If the mystery of loving is considered as being spiritual, then yes, I do find evidence of that mystery on these pages. The mystery remains however Imo, and I am personally content with that-- though what does become apparent is the effect wherever it is evident, and also the effect when it is absent---also Imo.

petex
Old 27-11-2019, 03:20 PM
Master

Quote:
Wondering how explanation(s) based upon supposition fit in with the suggestion that "explanation is nothing more than learning" ?

Mythologies could be considered as examples of explanation based upon supposition--?

We might imagine that explanations contained in mythologies are in response to there being a need for a satisfying answer ?
Yes I understand the idea using mythology as an example, modern mythology or not imo.

The idea love is mentioned and according to it in a system is also a supposition, there is no bases or proof for it, yet at the same time it becomes that mystery mentioned and that is the explanation that is required. Love is in the mythology.

If I understand what was said it is evident a comparison of having and not having is an explanation, a prediction really. I say we are learning to love (better?). I say many people feel they love well enough. In fact people love the best they can. The thought of love was actually forefront in my mind and the fact a system talks about it imo is a learning event. (One needs to hear about it.) In terms of explanation I am talking about communication and hearing which are common themes to all systems, past and present. Actually the title could be, thoughts about our need for an explanation of love for instance. Sometimes I need to hear in order to see and to be told different things or that which I may not entertain. Hope this clarifies.

imo, we tend to focus on the mythology not on what is said and that needs to be pointed to.
Old 27-11-2019, 10:52 PM
Lorelyen

I sometimes need to know what something signifies rather than why it's there. If cause and effect are there for me to see - fine. If I know the cause is there somewhere if I cared to look, fine. Like I don't need an explanation of how my TV/monitor works because various people somewhere have explanations of the phenomena that make it work.
If there's no apparent cause and effect then I'd treat it like a synchronicity, be concerned with the sign/signified.
I tend to be curious by choice.
Old 28-11-2019, 04:56 PM
Yes, "an instilled desire"; placed by Whom - the Creator.
Why?
So we will see we can never be satisfied 'here'.
The Cosmic Dance begins, the desire burns in us, lifetime after lifetime,
(to stop the suffering where everything is a dead end) - until one life
we decide to look for that 'unknown', (I'm calling The Unknown One, changing the topic slightly), in
a place we haven't looked - inside.

Then, the fun really begins -
faced with the ego, racing thoughts, past painful memories,

distractions of all sorts until
we finally reach the Zone of True Stillness and we begin to see.
Then,
the Inner Journey has now truly begun to the previously unseen Center of Reality--
the source of knowledge...referring to a CS Lewis quote.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-11-2019, 05:08 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Then, the fun really begins -
faced with the ego, racing thoughts, past painful memories,

distractions of all sorts until
we finally reach the Zone of True Stillness and we begin to see.

Perhaps it's the most grandiose game of hide & seek in the most fantastical playground ever conceived.
Old 28-11-2019, 05:24 PM
Master

Quote:
Hello all.

Wondering about-- how powerful is our need for an explanation when contemplating the unknown?

And so on--

petex

My thought is mere about an explanation for what desire stems from. Don’t take it as truth though, it’s mere a temporal thought.

Maybe desire stems from the Universe/God in it’s most universe-like sense/source... it’s actually the universe wanting to discover, maybe even urging to discover, parts of it’s own experience as if it were looking back through the tunnel.
Old 29-11-2019, 04:55 PM
Pathfinder

I think that the further along one has evolved, the more of a relationship one has with the Creator - a kind of give and take deal, where one can turn everything stressful over to Him and thus enjoy a pretty happy state of mind for the most part.

Explanations become less and less important the closer we get. I pray every day if I can remember to for the Blessed One to draw me closer to Him, for Him to control me and keep me ‘nice’ to others because I tend to be a nasty piece of work. I want to talk to Him all day long, thus causing myself to feel closer but alas I seldom remember to do this despite my fierce desire to.
Old 29-11-2019, 05:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Hello all.

And so on--

petex

We exist in a tiny dot of a galaxy, LOL, in a insanely large universe, and we are only a very small chapter in life on earth. I think existence is weird and astonishing, and because of our awareness we are privileged to make sense of it. That drive for explanations is very powerful and moves us to come to new discoveries, create technology, medicine etc. to improve life and understand existence. For some people this drive is strong, though it's not true in everyone.
Old 29-11-2019, 08:23 PM
Master

As far as I know, each one of us is the creator of their own realities. Desire per se isn't bad. Fear is bad.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.