Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 15-04-2020, 05:35 PM
Color

You observe your body, you watch your body doing its thing, but you are not that.
You never were the body and you will never be a body.
You are pure awareness, the absolute reality.

Think only of the Self, the heart. -Robert

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-04-2020, 02:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
You observe your body, you watch your body doing its thing, but you are not that.
Think only of the Self, the heart.
Old 16-04-2020, 05:34 PM
Administrator
Hello

I wanted to point out a couple of rules where we have on site.

Copy-Paste: One or two lines at most of relevant text of material from other sites or sources and a link to the relevant text for further reading is allowed on the condition that the author is credited and the source linked is not a commercial site (promoting or selling goods or services). Quotes of religious texts such as the Bible or Quran must also be no more than one or two lines. Posts that quote or copy-paste more than one or two short lines of text will be removed or edited. Repeatedly breaching this rule will lead to warnings and possible Disciplinary Action.

Please resect that materials are copy write protected and we can face legal actions. Also a line or two adds to "discussions" and that is what the site is for.

Public Figures: We have found people naming and discussing public figures/famous people, members should know that derogatory discussions about anyone, public figures or not, will not be tolerated and from now on will be removed without notice, SF is not prepared to tolerate libelous remarks made against anyone.

This includes the living and the passed over. Respect i needed here a bit more. Edits in the thread are done. Take personal discussions to Private Message. Agree to Disagree and move on.

Lynn
SF Admin
Old 17-04-2020, 01:21 AM
Master

Quote:

Think only of the Self, the heart.
Yes VERY correct.

The brain is non sentient, non conscious & non aware & does not reason in any way shape or form.

All sentient consciousness, awareness & reasoning are performed in & of "US" the spiritual Soul'self.

The sences detect & deliver information to the brain, & the brain processes the information of which is then received by "US" the Soul'self.
We have a response & thoughts in regards to the information received & our response & thoughts are delivered to the brain of which is processed and of which the body reacts in such a way so that we can experience life on Earth through the non sentient, non conscious, non aware Earthly bodily form.

And i find it so amazing how all of the information that our five sences can detect can be sent to the brain, then processed, then sent to the Soul'self then responded to & then sent back to the brain for processing & then sent to the body which moves/acts in a way to suit our selves. & it all happens in micro seconds. back & forth...incredible.

The use of the word "heart" is simply a metaphor. All moral lovingness or heart felt thoughts originate within "US" the Soul'self. & I imagine to some persons, that would be obvious.
Old 17-04-2020, 01:43 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Public Figures: We have found people naming and discussing public figures/famous people, members should know that derogatory discussions about anyone, public figures or not, will not be tolerated and from now on will be removed without notice, SF is not prepared to tolerate libelous remarks made against anyone.

This includes the living and the passed over. Respect i needed here a bit more. Edits in the thread are done. Take personal discussions to Private Message. Agree to Disagree and move on.

Upon sacred ground most holy
Where pure of heart tread gently
That the essence of divine electricity
Be imbibed in our being osmotically ...

The stillness broken by cacophony
Waywardness puerile continuously

What may we say or do to assuage
Ferality of the misaligned savage

We can thus for all as such but pray:

May Self resident in the heart centre
Invite divine bliss to ignite as it enters

As for enquiry, even a whisper is a ripple
Go in & reshape self on the stillness anvil

Old 17-04-2020, 04:09 AM
Master
Alright! Let’s get back onto the thread topic:

“One day, as you keep following the I, as you keep abiding in the I, you find that your mind stops working. I don't mean you drop dead. I mean your thoughts have dissipated and you have found the silence. Now you stop abiding in the I and you begin to abide in the silence. You sort of realize you're finished with the I. Now you've got another battle, so-to-speak. You go deeper and deeper in the silence.

This is an advanced state. You have now reached the second plateau where you begin to see occult things happening in your life. You begin to envision geometrical figures. You hear the sound of ohm.“

Robert Adams (from ‘Just the Satsangs’)

Edit note: Robert goes on to elaborate that we need to get past this stage too, till Tat Tvam Asi or ‘That I Am’

Old 17-04-2020, 07:36 PM
Master

As always, we can turn to Ramana Maharshi:

Question: You have said that the Heart is the centre of the Self.

Bhagavan: Yes, it is the one supreme centre of the Self. You need have no doubt about it. The real Self is there in the Heart behind the jiva or ego-self.

Question: Now be pleased to tell me where it is in the body.

Bhagavan: You cannot know it with your mind. You cannot realise it by imagination when I tell you here is the centre [pointing to the right side of the chest]. The only direct way to realise it is to cease to fantasise and try to be yourself. When you realise, you automatically feel that the centre is there...

... Truly speaking, pure consciousness is indivisible, it is without parts. It has no form and shape, no ‘within’ and ‘without’. There is no ‘right’ or ‘left’ for it. Pure consciousness, which is the Heart, includes all, and nothing is outside or apart from it. That is the ultimate truth. From this absolute standpoint, the Heart, Self or consciousness can have no particular place assigned to it in the physical body. What is the reason? The body is itself a mere projection of the mind, and the mind is but a poor reflection of the radiant Heart. How can that, in which everything is contained, be itself confined as a tiny part within the physical body which is but an infinitesimal, phenomenal manifestation of the one reality? ...

... The Heart is not physical. Meditation should not be on the right or the left. Meditation should be on the Self. Everyone knows ‘I am’. Who is the ‘I’? It will be neither within nor without, neither on the right nor on the left. ‘I am’ - that is all. Leave alone the idea of right and left. They pertain to the body. The Heart is the Self. Realise it and then you will see for yourself. There is no need to know where and what the Heart is. It will do its work if you engage in the quest for the Self.

Apologies if the quoting is excessive.

Peace
Old 20-04-2020, 08:46 PM
Smile

"You will know the truth, that the whole world is consciousness, nothing else."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8NN4fpdm40

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 21-04-2020, 04:01 AM
Master

Quote:
"You will know the truth, that the whole world is consciousness, nothing else."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8NN4fpdm40
Beautiful, especially the trumpet !
One I stumbled upon, hope you enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t87...LmGPsfFzaZOJG8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxIJannbyz8

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 23-04-2020, 10:59 AM
Master
“As long as you remain separated from God and try to understand him, he cannot be understood. There is no separation between you and God. Lover and beloved are one. You, yourself are the way. You are God.”

Meher Baba