Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 14-04-2020, 01:50 AM
Master

“The only way you will ever awaken is through silence, not through analyzation of facts. Not by sorting out good and bad, but through simple silence, letting go. Letting go of all thoughts, all the hurts, all the dogmas and concepts. Letting go of these things daily. Whichever method suits you use it. But by all means do something. Do not allow a day to go by where you do not give up your identification with the world. Either through surrender, or through Self-Inquiry, or through mindfulness, or through observation. Do whatever you have to do. But do not let a day go by when the world has a hold of you and you do nothing. If you can take the time to sit down in a chair and practice these methods. If you have no time to sit down in a chair, do them while you are working or whatever you are doing. There is always something you can do. There is no such thing as I don't have any time. You have enough time to do all the foolish things you do. So take the time to do this also.”

Robert Adams

Old 14-04-2020, 03:34 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
" There is no such thing as I don't have any time.
You have enough time to do all the foolish things you do. ”
Lol, lol, lol That is so funny!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-04-2020, 04:27 PM
Master

@ Miss Hepburn ... Hahaha

That was from one of his Satsangs, I guess

Here’s more:

"The secret is to quiet the mind. Your real nature is self-realization. When the mind is stilled, you just return to your real nature, to what you always were."

Robert Adams

Old 14-04-2020, 05:42 PM
A Sage is always in the silence. A Sage may be talking, listening,
partaking of activities, but to the Sage there's only silence.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-04-2020, 08:46 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
*Deleted

The part that you quote is taken out of context. The other sentences provide a fuller context (my emphasis in bold).

“The only way you will ever awaken is through silence, not through analyzation of facts. Not by sorting out good and bad, but through simple silence, letting go. Letting go of all thoughts, all the hurts, all the dogmas and concepts. Letting go of these things daily. Whichever method suits you use it. But by all means do something. Do not allow a day to go by where you do not give up your identification with the world. Either through surrender, or through Self-Inquiry, or through mindfulness, or through observation. Do whatever you have to do."

This is quite different to your comparison with the Christian who insists that there is only one way to heaven.

Peace
Old 14-04-2020, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
The part that you quote is taken out of context. The other sentences provide a fuller context (my emphasis in bold).

“The only way you will ever awaken is through silence, not through analyzation of facts. Not by sorting out good and bad, but through simple silence, letting go. Letting go of all thoughts, all the hurts, all the dogmas and concepts. Letting go of these things daily. Whichever method suits you use it. But by all means do something. Do not allow a day to go by where you do not give up your identification with the world. Either through surrender, or through Self-Inquiry, or through mindfulness, or through observation. Do whatever you have to do."

This is quite different to your comparison with the Christian who insists that there is only one way to heaven.

Peace
Hi, so the blue was Robert's?

Old 14-04-2020, 09:16 PM
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Here’s more:
"The secret is to quiet the mind. Your real nature is self-realization.
When the mind is stilled, you just return to your real nature,
to what you always were."

Robert Adams
A month ago I did ''something'' who remembers...
and I thought , Oh a Vicodin would be good for this... and rest.
Well, it slowed me down so much, my breathing, my heart, maybe my metabolism - that
it became so easy to be completely stilled.

WHAT an experience ---stillness is so profound.

Right there, in the stillness is --- ---'It'...such beauty.
Such simplicity...

Old 14-04-2020, 09:59 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hi, so the blue was Robert's?

Yes, the blue was Robert's, quoted by Unseeking Seeker #988.

David only quoted the first few words "The only way you will ever awaken is through silence ..." This seems to ignore the clarification given in the next few sentences.

Peace
Old 15-04-2020, 02:24 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
it became so easy to be completely stilled.
WHAT an experience ---stillness is so profound.

Right there, in the stillness is --- ---'It'...such beauty.
Such simplicity...

Perhaps because it is so, so simple, is why people find it difficult! We have become so accustomed to striving & struggling, with thoughts galloping like runaway horses, that we are caught in a web of our own making.

Only if we simply let go ...

Oh! Hello iamthat! Let’s not mind those who seem to mind the becoming transcending mind

Old 15-04-2020, 03:03 PM
Master

Folks! Enough banter, here is more from Robert Adams!

“Now what is consciousness and what does consciousness mean? We hear all the time, those of us who have been practicing Advaita Vedanta, "Everything is consciousness." Then are you consciousness? The way you appear does not seem to be consciousness, but you are. The word consciousness denotes a power that is conscious of itself. It is not conscious of you as a person. It is conscious of itself.

When you understand what this means you realize that consciousness is also another word for pure awareness. Pure awareness is consciousness.”