Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 08-03-2014, 04:36 AM
Pathfinder
Thank you so much everyone for your advice and comments! I've been working on this all week. I've reached a place of "calmness" about my current work situation - enough to be "okay" while still there. But as I've calmed down from the initial upset I've been able to see that when I envision my idea of an alternative to my current job, I feel a true calmness and good feeling wash over me. There is a bit of uncertainty still lingering on it - but I'm working on that part. If I can secure a few clients then I will feel even more certain and be ready to leave the old job.

There's all sorts of craziness involved - why leave a not-bad-paying full time job with benefits?? My rational side laughs at the idea of leaving that. But there are a couple things.. one, I don't know how secure the position is anymore anyway.. and while it's secure for now, that could change quickly. And two, what good is all that if spiritually I'm very unhappy, right? I'd like to think my overall happiness and spiritual/mental health are more important, as long as I have something else lined up and ready to go before making the change.. Being out of work is out of the question. ;)

Thanks also for everyone who read and "listened" to me rant/whine. Sometimes it helps to just let it out, as well as hear from others that are outside of the situation (not close friends/family).

"Be true to yourself. Even now we are with you. Free the love within. Your love for us and life. Don’t ask us to tell you what to do. You know in your heart already."
Old 08-03-2014, 03:20 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle11
For me personally I have a pretty good internal alarm. My mind can be playing all sorts of fear games on me but I know if it is grounded in truth by my internal feelings. If it is just my mind playing tricks on me I have this inner calm. Like a part of me is not all worked up even though my mind might be. If there is something to be wary of I will get a feeling of agitation that I just wont be able to shake until I let the thing go. The good news is you have 2 options you are weighing. This gives you something to compare to. Even if both options make your head swim check to see which option gives you the most calm inside. One will likely give you a greater sense of peace and calm than the other or in the minimum one will feel less frightening. Follow the path that feels the most right and you can't go wrong. Even if things don't pan out then it was just a stepping stone to get you where you are supposed to be. But regardless this is a good exercise to try and separate your instincts from your mind. Your instincts will lead you in the right direction where you mind may lead you astray. Best of luck. From what I understand about life we can never really make a wrong decision. It all winds up being learning lessons anyway. Wishing you much success.

That's interesting... I don't think it works for everyone though. I, for instance, have a very hard time distinguishing between justified fears/gut feelings/messages from guides and tricks of the mind/ego. And actually, I have often gotten VERY worked up and upset over a fear, that I couldn't shake off, and it turned out to be complete tricks of the mind, no truth to it at all, I had absolutely nothing to worry about. Every once in a while, though, these fears turn out to be accurate... and other times, things might have been fine and great, if only I had been able to let go of the fears and go with the flow (things ended up not working out, but potentially BECAUSE of my fears).

Surely I can't be the only one who, because of lack of consistence from one experience to the next (and because of anxiety and confidence issues on some aspects) end up very confused in life and have a hard time making good decisions because of it?

Cydonia, so very happy for you that you are starting to find an inner calmness about your situation :) Wishing you the best on your endeavor, whatever it may be :)
Old 08-03-2014, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindheart
That's interesting... I don't think it works for everyone though. I, for instance, have a very hard time distinguishing between justified fears/gut feelings/messages from guides and tricks of the mind/ego. And actually, I have often gotten VERY worked up and upset over a fear, that I couldn't shake off, and it turned out to be complete tricks of the mind, no truth to it at all, I had absolutely nothing to worry about. Every once in a while, though, these fears turn out to be accurate... and other times, things might have been fine and great, if only I had been able to let go of the fears and go with the flow (things ended up not working out, but potentially BECAUSE of my fears).

Surely I can't be the only one who, because of lack of consistence from one experience to the next (and because of anxiety and confidence issues on some aspects) end up very confused in life and have a hard time making good decisions because of it?

Cydonia, so very happy for you that you are starting to find an inner calmness about your situation :) Wishing you the best on your endeavor, whatever it may be :)

I will say it took a while for me to get to the point of trusting my inner knowings. It does take effort to try and still the mind a bit. I will also admit that when I was younger I was prone to some pretty intense stress and anxiety and it did color my world adding fear where there wasn't any and it definitely made things confusing. But I kept pushing through and eventually was able to still my mind enough to let me gut speak to me. But for a person prone to stress and anxiety I believe it probably is very difficult to hear their instincts.
Old 13-03-2014, 07:16 PM
Knower

Hi, i kinda know were your coming from i have sat waiting for signs av even asked my guids i wrote down my questions one night before bed and had some strange dreams the next few nights but have no cule what they mean. I have tryed meditaion but it dose seem to work for me. i have in the pass acted on fear and it was the worse thing i could of done it made my life a lot my harder than it had bin