Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 12-07-2022, 09:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by weareunity
further suggestion is that the nature of some activities have to be so heavily invested in before those activities have the sought after effect that the consequences to those who choose to use them place themselves beyond "not much liking what happens next"--(from your first paragraph) --(though indeed they probably will not)--and instead into a false reality as their own psyche becomes inextricably enmeshed in the fabric of the world of the very falsehood/s with which they seek to pull the wool/misdirect/misinform.

This is not an applied judgement/punishment thing imo, but simply an inevitable consequence.

You've summed up my feelings on the matter beautifully!
Old 13-07-2022, 02:12 PM
Ascender

Hi FallingLeaves.

I bow to your graciousness!! --whilst offering thanks for it, and a measure of embarrassment.

Diverting away--a little--from our thoughts.

I have been contemplating returning to performance on the road after about 30 yrs. No big deal, for in my case on the road has been literally on the road, or street, or wherever I was not "asked" to move on--busking.

One of the songs I've been practising is a song written by Townes Van Zandt--Pancho and Lefty.

In notes on Wikipedia--just mugged up on--Van Zandt says he takes/took no credit for the lyrics which--he states-- came through him.

A few lines particularly speak to--or at least toward--the subject of our discussion, and most succinctly imo.

lines from verse 3.

" Now Lefty he can't sing the blues
All night long like he used to
The dust that Pancho bit down south
It ended up in Leftys mouth."----

I expect the song is known to you, but, for anyone else reading, the pertinence of these lines to these discussions will become clear I think if you read or listen to the lyrics.

And strangely the first two lines quoted seem relevant to this fairly soon to be octogenarian seriously practicising for a late and probably final burst of public singing/playing.

cheers all in these challenging times.
Old 16-07-2022, 01:34 AM
Master

well, i didn't really know about that song... and if i had I probably wouldn't have thought much of it, as it is out of my genre. But, now that you mention it... makes a lot of sense lol... If one pushes one's luck too far one eventually gets bit by a snake... but in the meantime, one might have a sense of security that won't be payed out in the long term...