Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 17-02-2011, 12:47 AM
psrudrapatna

Do our lies get converted to truth?

Another beautiful question and answer session with Shri Shri Nimishananda:

Question:-
Pujya Guruji, when I confess that I have lied before God, will that lie become the truth because I have uttered it in God’s presence?

Pujya Guruji's reply:-
No, your lies remain lies, but your nature has become honest because you have accepted your dishonesty. God gives you the awareness needed to stop lying. That’s why, in the tradition of Sanatana Dharma, we offer God not only all our good and honest qualities as a mental oblation but also all our vices. This clears our mind of all the dirt it has accumulated over the past years – even lifetimes - and we become pure in heart.
Old 14-03-2011, 08:13 AM
murugan

Here is a similar question and aswer session with Guruji

Devotee - “Guruji, to escape awkward situations, we sometimes tell white lies. Also, it is often necessary to lie in order to get others to complete the work that they are doing for us. Is this permissible ?”

Guruji replies – “For those who always speak the truth, tasks may be delayed initially. However, the trust that they build up steadily in the long run will bring them permanent success. Whatever is built on the foundation of Truth is unshakeable. A person who lies may escape immediate retribution, but soon people lose their trust in him. So his success does not last.”
Old 17-03-2011, 05:37 PM
numerouno

I can lie and say I don't smoke, but I can stop smoking and this lie is now the truth.
Old 21-03-2011, 06:14 AM
murugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by numerouno
I can lie and say I don't smoke, but I can stop smoking and this lie is now the truth.

This lie becomes truth unless you have self confidence in you. If you lose your confidence and start smoking in any situation then it is a lie always.
Old 23-04-2011, 05:01 PM
iksvakave

Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by psrudrapatna
Another beautiful question and answer session with Shri Shri Nimishananda:

Question:-
Pujya Guruji, when I confess that I have lied before God, will that lie become the truth because I have uttered it in God’s presence?

Pujya Guruji's reply:-
No, your lies remain lies, but your nature has become honest because you have accepted your dishonesty. God gives you the awareness needed to stop lying. That’s why, in the tradition of Sanatana Dharma, we offer God not only all our good and honest qualities as a mental oblation but also all our vices. This clears our mind of all the dirt it has accumulated over the past years – even lifetimes - and we become pure in heart.

Very Interesting question. Do our lies get coverted to truth. Yes the lies get converted to truth When para brahma sees the truth. Mind you he's watching ----- the truth will set your karma.

Iksvakave
Old 23-04-2011, 05:03 PM
iksvakave

Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by murugan
Here is a similar question and aswer session with Guruji

Devotee - “Guruji, to escape awkward situations, we sometimes tell white lies. Also, it is often necessary to lie in order to get others to complete the work that they are doing for us. Is this permissible ?”

Guruji replies – “For those who always speak the truth, tasks may be delayed initially. However, the trust that they build up steadily in the long run will bring them permanent success. Whatever is built on the foundation of Truth is unshakeable. A person who lies may escape immediate retribution, but soon people lose their trust in him. So his success does not last.”

Who is your Guruji?

Iskvakave
Old 23-04-2011, 05:05 PM
iksvakave

lies and truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by numerouno

I can lie and say I don't smoke
but I can't stop smoking
this is a lie
now it's the truth.

Iksvakave
Old 23-04-2011, 05:11 PM
iksvakave

How did that happen?

What's is this about lying infront of god? I don't get it. What position where his hands in? Was he praying? or worshipping him? There is a difference.

People who worship god are not necessarily praying all the time. They are busy worshipping -----

What does it mean to you when I say oh my I totally worship that?

The looks of it --- right?

I would like to know more about how you could lie to God --- and the type of practice.

Iksvakave