Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 01-11-2018, 12:11 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveAllBeings
If it is then its pretty amazing that just having a brief encounter with a spiritual master like that can cause such a profound shift in consciousness. Does anyone here have experience with this kind of thing?

I have not met Amma myself yet, though I know several who have. It is kinda the mark of a good guru, that (s)he is able to transmit their energy and wisdom to you. Amma is famous for being quite the 'zapper' - Others are less spectacular and seep into you gradually over long time.

Quote:
Does it cause any kind of permanent transformation in you experiencing this temporary lift?

I would rather consider it a temporary opening that works as a key for enacting lasting transformation. What you got was more of an 'example wisdom', to give you an experiential idea of what it's all about that it is possible to work with. But it's up to you to nourish and grow it. Gurus can provide aid, sometimes indispensable aid, but none of them can do the work for you.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:23 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Yes, indeed.

I'm getting into this heart alignment state more and more and I know this, its familiar, its like what you said. I put out my intent which is more of a feeling than a thought, to put it into words its to be able to give, to be able to help, to be what I need to be to live in alignment with compassion and loving kindness, the words dont do it justice at all but I see it clearly and it feels really good. A kind of wholiness feeling for lack of words, this glowing feeling grows until theres tears flowing. The feeling makes me just want to give and all the courage I need is in the feeling. With this feeling I can love everyone including myself. I'd been in a state of devastation for a long time so its taking me some time to get on my feet and be able to give to the best of my abilities, its happening little by little. Amma is all about selfless service it seems and that resonates deeply in my heart. The feeling of living and breathing compassion, I dont know any better feeling
Old 01-11-2018, 08:35 PM
Master
Quote:
I'm getting into this heart alignment state more and more and I know this, its familiar, its like what you said. I put out my intent which is more of a feeling than a thought, to put it into words its to be able to give, to be able to help, to be what I need to be to live in alignment with compassion and loving kindness, the words dont do it justice at all but I see it clearly and it feels really good. A kind of wholiness feeling for lack of words, this glowing feeling grows until there's tears flowing. The feeling makes me just want to give and all the courage I need is in the feeling. With this feeling I can love everyone including myself. I'd been in a state of devastation for a long time so its taking me some time to get on my feet and be able to give to the best of my abilities, its happening little by little. Amma is all about selfless service it seems and that resonates deeply in my heart. The feeling of living and breathing compassion, I dont know any better feeling
Woohoo!

Just keep being watchful that you don't drain or burn yourself out as you 'act out' said thoughts and feelings, and recalibrate your choices and decisions if you do. Staying 'centered' in such thought and feeling 'space' requires 'balance', i.e. 'wisdom' pertaining to what is a reasonable, viable, etc. way to act in relation to others, I think. I still often have to re-balance (retune, re-align) myself in this regard even though at 76 - still learning 'wisdom' on my 'journey' - thankfully experiencing 'wipe outs' (surfing analogy ) less frequently as I go along.

Yes, no 'better' feeling!
Old 14-12-2018, 05:56 PM
Pathfinder

the 'Darshan' can be general or more directed, both are important.
Old 14-12-2018, 07:37 PM
Aw, thank you for bringing this thread back up...It made me smile just
seeing the title...Darshan with Amma....ahh....sweet....like magic.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru