Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 26-02-2017, 06:38 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrich
I'd say, "The ignorant have free will, the enlightened ones have NO NEED FOR IT.".
That would imply that
a) free will is independent of one's state and
b) is a matter of choice.

I believe that neither is true.

A quote from Schopenhauer
"Man can do what he wills but he cannot will what he wills."

The ignorant only thinks as to the first part of the sentence, the enlightened see the whole sentence an see that the first part is really an illusion only.

When we will one thing or another the really important stuff has already happened.
Old 26-02-2017, 07:13 AM
Deactivated Account
theh Hand Puppet

Quote:
I'd say, "The ignorant have free will, the enlightened ones have NO NEED FOR IT.".
Sorry, but I wrote it wrong. The sentences should read:
"The ignorant believe that they have free will since they do not notice the underlying Source that actually "wills" and IS EVERYTHING, the enlightened know that the underlying Source IS EVERYTHING".
There, that's what I wanted to write in the first place but back down.
Quote:
A quote from Schopenhauer
"Man can do what he wills but he cannot will what he wills."
Looks like Schopenhauer knew that all there is, is Source, which "wills" all that "happens", from behind the scenes. Subtle!
Quote:
The ignorant only thinks as to the first part of the sentence, the enlightened see the whole sentence an see that the first part is really an illusion only.
Because the enlightened know that there is NO WE - just Source appearing in the form of 'we' and making choices. Source is like a silent hand puppet secretly moving the 'we'.
Quote:
When we will one thing or another the really important stuff has already happened.
LOL because Source has already willed one thing or another but appears to be willing one thing or another in the form of an (ignorant) 'we'.
Old 26-02-2017, 08:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Sorry, but I wrote it wrong. The sentences should read:
"The ignorant believe that they have free will since they do not notice the underlying Source that actually "wills" and IS EVERYTHING, the enlightened know that the underlying Source IS EVERYTHING".
There, that's what I wanted to write in the first place but back down.

Looks like Schopenhauer knew that all there is, is Source, which "wills" all that "happens", from behind the scenes. Subtle!
K
Because the enlightened know that there is NO WE - just Source appearing in the form of 'we' and making choices. Source is like a silent hand puppet secretly moving the 'we'.

LOL because Source has already willed one thing or another but appears to be willing one thing or another in the form of an (ignorant) 'we'.

I believe that the only 'free will' people have is how one reacts to a situation which is pre-destined.
Old 26-02-2017, 08:42 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I believe that the only 'free will' people have is how one reacts to a situation which is pre-destined.

BUT for another person involved, your reaction forms part of a situation which according to you is pre-destined.
Doesn't this mean that even the reaction is pre-destined?
Old 26-02-2017, 09:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by markings
BUT for another person involved, your reaction forms part of a situation which according to you is pre-destined.

No because I have control over which thoughts I follow and how I react to a situation.
Old 26-02-2017, 09:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by markings
The answer to that question, isn't the question. It is in the asking of it.

Intellectual, analytical thinking is the antithesis of spiritual knowledge and wisdom. It's like trying to build a house using dynamite and a bulldozer.
Old 26-02-2017, 10:19 AM
Master
The evolving human mind jettisons its religious beliefs, only to chain itself to another, different set of spiritual belief-tenets.

The underlying Source that actually "wills," IS EVERYTHING.

Does IT now? So IT "wills"? I have read and studied all kinds of things on the Everything and the All, but I have never heard it described as a Will tyrant. EVERYTHING as described here is nothing other than a belief-replacement doppelganger for religion's GOD.
Old 26-02-2017, 10:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
The evolving human mind jettisons its religious beliefs, only to chain itself to another, different set of spiritual belief-tenets.

The underlying Source that actually "wills," IS EVERYTHING.

Does IT now? So IT "wills"? I have read and studied all kinds of things on the Everything and the All, but I have never heard it described as a Will tyrant. EVERYTHING as described here is nothing other than a belief-replacement doppelganger for religion's GOD.

Not a God, not a Source willing, just cause and effect.
Old 26-02-2017, 12:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Not a God, not a Source willing, just cause and effect.
Ding ding ding, we have a winner. I think it's going to be decades if not centuries before this religious notion of a God or Something that wills, is transformed into cause-and-effect knowledge and understanding. Pisces Age religious thinking is that ingrained in humanity. Spiritualists even are stuck in religious conceptualizing and aren't even aware of it.
Old 26-02-2017, 12:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Ding ding ding, we have a winner. I think it's going to be decades if not centuries before this religious notion of a God or Something that wills, is transformed into cause-and-effect knowledge and understanding. Pisces Age religious thinking is that ingrained in humanity. Spiritualists even are stuck in religious conceptualizing and aren't even aware of it.

I won chocolates last time, what do I get today