Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 15-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Knower
Reiki for a cat with Chronic Bronchitis

There is a kitten at the shelter that has a chronic cough, it had an x-ray a few months ago and the vet suspects that he has Chronic Bronchitis but it will have a blood test on monday that has to go to Tenerife to see if there is anything else it might be.

So I will not know until maybe wednesday what exactly is wrong with him. I want to do something to help him. If I gave him Reiki would that help at all? Can anyone give me any advice as in how I should go about it e,g where to put my hands and what to think or say. sorry I'm not being very clear but I haven't really had much practice with the cats yet.

What I mean is normally I would hold the cat and I feel the Reiki will go where it is needed but if I know he might have a specific problem should I try to direct it.

Sorry if i'm not making any sense, I am so upset about this kitten I just want to help him somehow.

Any help please
Old 15-07-2011, 07:05 PM
Knower
Here he is.amelio.jpg
Old 15-07-2011, 07:28 PM
Guide
He is very cute!

I cannot help with reiki but I will pray for him.

TISS
Old 15-07-2011, 07:43 PM
Knower
Thank you so much Tiss, I really appreciate that.
Old 16-07-2011, 07:38 AM
Master
Hold the kitten if he likes to be held and simply send the reiki. Set your intention that the reiki will be received and that if its not wanted by the kitten (which it may not be) that the reiki goes to the earth or where it is needed. The reiki will go exactly where it is needed, always. If you are holding the kitten when sending, you may find when enough has been received that they squirm or try to move away.

I will send some reiki later today for the kitten. Does the kitten have a name?

cesx
Old 16-07-2011, 03:04 PM
Knower
Thank you very much Ces I did what you suggested. I started with my hands on his belly and he moved forward so my hands were directly over his chest so I think he knew full well where he wanted it to go

He stayed for a while like that with his head resting on my chest then got up and sat with one of the other cats so I left him alone. He seemed a lot brighter and came to see me before I went.

I really hope he will be okay. I would be really grateful if you could send him some Reiki, his name is Amelio. I told him he must be strong and that people are thinking of him.

I hope so much that he will be okay.
Old 16-07-2011, 03:08 PM
Master
Yes of course i will send him some reiki - Amelio is a lovely name and it suits him I think. Seems he knew just what he wanted from you as well.
Old 16-07-2011, 03:23 PM
Medium_Laura

I have done Reiki on my cat. They can only handle it in small doses and will usually walk away or pull away when it's too much. To give Reiki to mine, I simply just would pet him, from his head to his tail. About 7 times and he pulled away (he had congestive heart failure). He couldn't even stand and the vet said we were losing him.

I would repeat this daily, then he started eating again, walking and well it's been about 4 years and he's healthy as any of my other cats. Animals are smaller and need less energy, they will tell you when enough is enough.

Wish him the best :)
Old 16-07-2011, 03:33 PM
Master
our cat Gussy has chronic respiratory problems. he can get bronchitis or even pneumonia anytime the humidity is high (poor boy. we live in Florida). if he starts wheezing and coughing we give him 1 ml of children's decongestant/cough meds (as recommended by his vet). sometimes it's not enough and we have to get him anti-biotics and nose drops.
Old 17-07-2011, 12:25 PM
Knower
Wow Laura thats great!! To be honest this is what I am hoping for. I am not at work today because Sunday is my day off but I have his photo on my phone and I keep looking at it and sending him love and healing.

The vet told me yesterday that he seemed much better than the previous days but we can do nothing now but wait for the results of the blood test. I just hope it isn't anything that can't be treated.

Thank you all for your thoughts and comments, please keep him in your mind he needs all the help he can get.

It really means a lot to me, I felt so lost and upset when I got home from work then I came on here and you all reminded me that there is hope we just have to believe and think positive.