Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 09-10-2010, 09:04 AM
Guide
I heard there used to be a long story written about what happened before Adam and Eve and the Garden of Eden but that someone decided to remove it from the Old Testament long before Jesus was around. Now it seems like Adam and Eve were in the beginning but that wasn't how it was originally written. I don't know about the identical story but if it's a true story then it wouldn't surprise me if a similar story exists elsewhere.
Old 23-01-2019, 06:22 PM
Master
Everything material/Physical/Organic has origin in Spirit. Agreed?
In the immaterial, the timeless.
In God Almighty.

Original Sin then can be seen involving the organic and animal/mammal aspect.
Involving the, "Fall".

What we read in scripture involves a fall of the angelic, and a fall of humanity.
Are they to be equated?
Why, how, did death come to all the world because of the fall of Adam and Eve?
What does this say about the, "material world"?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 23-01-2019, 07:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Everything material/Physical/Organic has origin in Spirit. Agreed?
In the immaterial, the timeless.
In God Almighty.

Original Sin then can be seen involving the organic and animal/mammal aspect.
Involving the, "Fall".

What we read in scripture involves a fall of the angelic, and a fall of humanity.
Are they to be equated?
Why, how, did death come to all the world because of the fall of Adam and Eve?
What does this say about the, "material world"?

Thankfully I realized original sin didn't exist at around 9/10 years old. It used to puzzle me how I could have this black mark on my soul because of an Adam & Eve.

Apparently we are all born sinful, a newborn child who dies before being Baptised will go to hell, absolutely ridiculous. Can you imagine the pain and suffering this would have caused to Parents who lost a newborn baby that hadn't been Baptised,

I wonder if whoever concocted this story realized the hurt and long lasting damage it could cause to Parents.... The Catholic Church has now changed it's ' Rules '. original sin can now be removed after death by vicarious baptism, what will they come up with next.
Old 23-01-2019, 10:15 PM
Master
You ignored what I posted.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 24-01-2019, 08:52 AM
Experiencer
I think original 'sin' is a daft concept. We start out with a clean slate, but life experiences tend to mould our character.
Old 24-01-2019, 08:53 PM
Master
"Experiences" strictly Zig?
Or, dna and genetics also, the aberrences and negative anomalies of which, are indicative of a "fall"?
I was reading about Adam Lanza this morning in the news. A young person who had executed his mother and fellow students in his school. His situation obviously involving organic issues.

What I've been putting forth is that the situation of Adam and Eve was an "angelic" one, involving Spirit and the timeless, and our present situation is a result of the fall, regarding this animal/mammal nature and form... in time and space.
Humanity is a fallen and sinful situation.

Our true roots, origin, and actual situation involves Spirit, and the angelic. As we see depicted in Revelation chapter 13, regarding the "stars", swept to the earth by the "dragons" tail.
Stars represent people and angels alike in the Bible, from Genesis to Revelation. Including the Lord Himself.
We see depicted in scripture the fall of the angelic, and that of humanity also.

"Sin", I've been postulating, is more than merely an act, or acts. It is the state of a fallen situation.
Which is the source and origin of many sins in the world. This is actually a mainstream teaching in Christianity which is neglected and ignored by many believers.

Hence necessitating Jesus' statement about rebirth.
A situation for which He paid the penalty, as the atoning Lamb of God on the cross, (tree), as had been long prophesied that He would.
"... By His stripes we are healed."
Isaiah 53:5

Old 24-01-2019, 09:48 PM
Master
Quote:
"Experiences" strictly Zig?
Or, dna and genetics also, the aberrences and negative anomalies of which, are indicative of a "fall"?
I was reading about Adam Lanza this morning in the news. A young person who had executed his mother and fellow students in his school. His situation obviously involving organic issues.

What I've been putting forth is that the situation of Adam and Eve was an "angelic" one, involving Spirit and the timeless, and our present situation is a result of the fall, regarding this animal/mammal nature and form... in time and space.
Humanity is a fallen and sinful situation.

Our true roots, origin, and actual situation involves Spirit, and the angelic. As we see depicted in Revelation chapter 13, regarding the "stars", swept to the earth by the "dragons" tail.
Stars represent people and angels alike in the Bible, from Genesis to Revelation. Including the Lord Himself.
We see depicted in scripture the fall of the angelic, and that of humanity also.

"Sin", I've been postulating, is more than merely an act, or acts. It is the state of a fallen situation.
Which is the source and origin of many sins in the world. This is actually a mainstream teaching in Christianity which is neglected and ignored by many believers.

Hence necessitating Jesus' statement about rebirth.
A situation for which He paid the penalty, as the atoning Lamb of God on the cross, (tree), as had been long prophesied that He would.
"... By His stripes we are healed."
Isaiah 53:5

Ezekiel 18:20

The one who sins is the one who will die. The child will not share the guilt of the parent, nor will the parent share the guilt of the child. The righteousness of the righteous will be credited to them, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against them.

The idea of ' Original Sin ' is ridiculed here, as it should be.....
Old 24-01-2019, 09:52 PM
Master
But, it's in the Word that death came into all the world as a consequence of a fall. That Jesus also stated, "You must be born again"...
Also, consider what science today is telling us about the nature of, "the world".
Illustrated rather well by the Wachowski's in their cinematic creation.

Again, sin is not merely an act, or acts, but a situation which is the cause of those various acts. (I.E., the animal/mammal and organic nature wherein the "survival instinct" of the organic nature is primary.)
Think about reasons... and cause and effect.
Romans 5:12
"Just as sin entered into the world by one man..."

However, you seem to be ignoring my supposition about the original state of humanity before the fall. Which was a spiritual and "angelic" situation. And? Involving eternity and the timeless. A greater reality, situation, and truth.

Hence, "You must be born again". - Jesus

Old 24-01-2019, 10:09 PM
Master
[quote=Morpheus]But, it's in the Word that death came into all the world as a consequence of a fall. That Jesus also stated, "You must be born again".

Again, sin is not merely an act, or acts, but a situation which is the cause of those various acts.

However, you seem to be ignoring my supposition about the original state of humanity before the fall. Which was a spiritual and "angelic" situation.

Hence, "You must be born again". - Jesus[/QUOTE

There wasn't a ' ' Fall ' thats what makes 'Original Sin ' ridiculous.

Genesis is just a myth taken from other Ancient Civilizations....
Old 24-01-2019, 10:14 PM
Master
[quote=sky123]
Quote:
But, it's in the Word that death came into all the world as a consequence of a fall. That Jesus also stated, "You must be born again".

Again, sin is not merely an act, or acts, but a situation which is the cause of those various acts.

However, you seem to be ignoring my supposition about the original state of humanity before the fall. Which was a spiritual and "angelic" situation.

Hence, "You must be born again". - Jesus[/QUOTE

There wasn't a ' ' Fall ' thats what makes 'Original Sin ' ridiculous.

Genesis is just a myth taken from other Ancient Civilizations....

You are making a statement, unfounded. It's not truth simply because you say so.
If you're not going to go by the Bible, you have nothing to state regarding, JUDEO/CHRISTIANITY.
You have nothing to go by other than your subjective, (and errant), belief, you see.

Yet? You seem to want to cite the Bible to fit your subjective belief.
The New Testament, ( covenant), takes precedence over the old.

A fall is clearly made evident in the Bible.