Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 31-10-2011, 11:35 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian
This is remarkable like my meeting with God (click link in sig).

Sorry, didn't read the rest of the thread, but all these people with NDEs differe from dying people in one very specific way.

I don't know about differing from dying people: but they sure differ from people who died, and who stayed dead, in one very significant way.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:46 AM
Master
Please tell us what way you are referring to, Left Behind.

Xan

Old 01-11-2011, 01:56 PM
Experiencer

I mean that every near-death experiencer quickly came back to earthly life in his own body. Most people who die, don't do so: they stay dead, so far as their earthly body is concerned.

Jim
Old 01-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Experiencer

What do we know about NDEs?

From what I have read everyone's NDE is similar but different. People speak of a tunnel that leads to a great light source, which is believed to be God. Usually the soul is accompanied by spirit guides or angels as they drift up.

Upon entry into heaven you are greeted like a hero. Huge crowds flock to see you arrive. People speak of a love so deep and warm that we on Earth can't comprehend. The flowers, the grass and the colours are all so vibrant and full of energy.

There is beautiful music playing in perfect harmony.

You often meet Jesus and God. At some stage you also get a life review of every moment of your life up until that point. Sometimes God shows you a photo album, or you see a movie. Basically the Akashic Records.

At some point you will be told you have to go back because your time is not right yet, you have to return to your body. Then some people return as psychics, clairvoyants and such.

I would love to experience an NDE, I think we all would. The most painful thing is being told you have to go back to your body, I could understand the anguish people would be feeling.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:31 PM
Experiencer

I wouldn't want to come back, Floyd. I'd rather just stay here where I am till my time comes: then go, and not come back.

Of course, we all start talking about what we'd "want", and usually lose sight of the fact that we have little or no choice in the matter.

Jim
Old 02-11-2011, 01:07 AM
Master
As for coming back after an NDE, I've found there's variety in that too. Some people are given a choice; some want to come back, to raise their children or not hurt loved ones for instance; some are told to come back because there's more for them to do here, which they accept either willingly or grudgingly; and some are told they must come back whether they want to or not.

Xan

Old 02-11-2011, 01:14 AM
Experiencer

Also, many come back to a severely damaged physical body.

Jim
Old 02-11-2011, 01:47 AM
Master
Yes they do, while still others come back to miraculous healing.

Xan

Old 02-11-2011, 02:11 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Yes they do, while still others come back to miraculous healing.

Xan

I'm not a betting man. Given my druthers, I'd prefer not to chance it.

Jim
Old 02-11-2011, 07:42 PM
Master
This from the news...

Steve Jobs' sister, Mona Simpson, an English professor and novelist, recently gave the eulogy at Steve Jobs' funeral at Stanford Memorial Church.

What has intrigued me, and surely many was, when she was with him as he was dying, his last words were "Oh wow ! Oh, wow! Oh wow !"

`

Last edited by Xan : 02-11-2011 at 11:28 PM.