Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 08-02-2011, 07:10 PM
Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
what do you know that is, beyond all doubt, true?

This Moment.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:49 PM
Dilchannan

My house is a mess and I need to clean it lol....
Old 04-03-2011, 03:41 PM
Blaze

Quote:
I am here!
Old 05-03-2011, 05:15 PM
autumn

The only person I can truly count on is myself.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:58 PM
CuriousSnowflake

Quote:

Absolutely nothing. I have some strong opinions, some well-developed ideas, but nothing is beyond doubt. IMHO, the idea that one has found the TRUTH is the height of arrogance and hubris. I find even the idea that I could find TRUTH horribly disheartening; it would mean there would be a point at which I would stop discovering wonderful new ideas about my world.

BLLEEEEAAACHH! Not for me!

CS
Old 05-03-2011, 06:12 PM
CuriousSnowflake

Quote:
alrighty then and thanks for your replies. i guess i'm trying to build a "sanity gauge", some way to get a bead on "reality", what is acceptable as real and true, a consensus of sorts to measure against my own experiences and mental abberations. i try so hard to be self honest and to keep my self observations as objective as possible so i don't trust any of it to be "real". i was just wondering how other folks manage to judge the truth of their beliefs systems and the reality of their psy experiences.

Good lord, why would you ever want a "consensus" on what is "acceptable"?! "Real" and "true" and "sane" are all relative ideas, self-created concepts based upon your preferences. That which is "real" is what you make "real". That which is "true" is what you decide is "true" That which is "sane" is most definitely based on your own definitions of sanity.

You have experiences. You look at them and decide what they mean, relative to your values, ideas, and preferences. If you want to call them real and true and sane, so be it. If you want to call them fake and false and crazy, so be that too. You decide. Always.

And yes, that does mean that you can allow others to define an "acceptable consensus", if you want. As long as you realize that you are still the one making the decision to accept their ideas.

CS
Old 05-03-2011, 06:15 PM
CuriousSnowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze
I am here!

Who is "I"?

What is "am"?

Where is "here"?

Just wondering.

CS
Old 05-03-2011, 07:19 PM
Master
That no-thing can be known yet there is knowing.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Blaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousSnowflake
Who is "I"?

What is "am"?

Where is "here"?

Just wondering.

CS

I am Me!

I am me and this is here!

No wondering anymore.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousSnowflake
Absolutely nothing. I have some strong opinions, some well-developed ideas, but nothing is beyond doubt. IMHO, the idea that one has found the TRUTH is the height of arrogance and hubris. I find even the idea that I could find TRUTH horribly disheartening; it would mean there would be a point at which I would stop discovering wonderful new ideas about my world.

BLLEEEEAAACHH! Not for me!

CS
you dont believe it possible that there is anything beyond Truth??? that there are no new things to discover?? even that is an assumption isnt it? therefore, i respectfully disagree~!
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi