Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 16-04-2016, 01:15 AM
Seeker

Kindred spirits

People talk about finding another person and calling them a kindred spirit.

That definitely does not apply in my case.

I am a combat vet, from the era where there were no 'declared' wars, just an invasion of a Caribbean island, a ton of black ops dealing with Reagan's 'Evil Empire,' and the opening ops in the war on drugs.

I was in southern Lebanon with an Army contingent in the Peace Keeping forces when the Marine barracks got hit.

From there my group got pulled and dropped on a little freaking spot of nothing known as Grenada.

So yeah, I carry around more than my share of demons.

My kindred spirit has four legs, talks a lot in a language I dont understand, has opinions about everything and anything, loves bag pipe music (weird given her ancestry) weighs in at 75 pounds.

I drove to east Texas to pick her up in 2013. I had been informed she had been operated on to remove two bullets, and her uterus due to a massive internal infection.

I found a third bullet wound a couple of days after she got here, which my vet treated.

Vet warned me that she would either turn vicious as hell or timid to the point of hiding.

She is better than 95% Mexican Gray wolf, aka lobo, and cant tell what species of dog she has.

She found her own path. She is very out going, very protective of children (specifically my great nephew) and guards my door at night. Two people are allowed in my room after I turn the lights out, my niece and my great nephew. She will shut the door in the faces of anyone else.

I have nightmares she gets on the bed, puts her head on my chest till I have calmed down to the point where I know where and when I am.

In many respects, I can identify with what she went through, at least in the wounds department.

The working theory is she was someone's pet, and when the town passed a series of BSL laws, instead of putting her in a shelter or refuge, he dumped her in the woods, and/or tried to kill her.

Up till my old primary care physician decided to return to his home town, she went with me to doctor's appointments (new doctor is afraid of dogs, so I am looking for a new doctor.)

Kera goes with me to see the shrink (I dont think she likes the shrink so much) and is very vocal when shrink tells me that I need to stop isolating myself in the country, I need more of a social life.

Anyway, my kindred spirit is a wolf hybrid named Kera.https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...6b&oe=57BFB7A9
Old 16-04-2016, 01:29 AM
Deactivated Account

Thank you for sharing your story with us

Hi Kera, wow, she is beautiful. What a special spirit
Old 16-04-2016, 01:35 AM
Deactivated Account

I second what Clover shared.

Thank you Macsen, and Kera is very beautiful indeed.

May you and her both be well and happy. :)

Truth/
Compassion
/
Wisdom
Old 16-04-2016, 02:14 AM
Seeker

Well, for being such a large percentage of wolf, when she gets out of the yard, she explores, does no harm or even attempts to harm other animals (with the exception of the occasional rabbit or squirrel stupid enough to wonder into the yard) and greets everyone she meets with a smile on her rambles.
Old 16-04-2016, 01:22 PM
Suspended

Oh...My..Gosh! She is SO beautiful!

I enjoyed reading your story and how Kera came into your life and how she is helping you...