Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 04-12-2014, 04:20 PM
Deactivated Account

I have found that when tired our defences are down. It's easier to feel psychological hurts you didn't know you were carrying. I always pay attention to these moments. Especially before my period, when we are more susceptible. It tells me what I need to work on.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:51 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Dragon
I would like to know how others feel when they're tired or exhausted, physically and/or mentally. How does it affect your mood, aspirations, and level of motivation? Do you handle it well or does it create problems for you?

I've long suffered from insomnia. One of my main problems is waking up repeatedly after falling asleep. This makes getting up incredibly unbearable each and every day. Unfortunately for me, sometimes it's so unbearable that I lose all passion for life - I don't want to improve life, reach goals, or pursue my interests. I don't want to be social, experience any kind of enjoyment, or even live life full-stop. Plain and simply, the thought of 'living' becomes a personal nightmare. The only thing I value in those moments is sleep. I want to hide away from the world, vanish if I must, and just sleep. I only wish in those moments that I could rest with time in a frozen state, so that actually I wouldn't waste it. If I have the opportunity to be in bed all day, I take it, but I know that once I do get a good level of energy, I miss not doing the things I enjoy or just regret sacrificing so many things for sleep.

Having suffered from depression and anxiety over the years, my response to tiredness is perhaps not too shocking, but it's a pain to have such a problem.

This is why I'm curious as to how others feel and act when they're tired. Do they experience anything similar, even if only on a lighter level of intensity? Does anybody else with insomnia ever feel this way? Is tiredness really that harsh or is it more of a response based on depression? Being physically and mentally drained won't make facing life an easy task, but to even go from really looking forward to something to completely wishing it never existed on the day because of tiredness feels... insane.

I've noticed my mood getting a little bit lower lately, even when I have more energy. I don't feel much like doing or facing anything, but I've noticed also that it's more about anticipating the activities in the following day. Knowing that I'll have to deal with the insomnia and then go through the usual problems caused by tiredness is putting me off a lot of things.

Hello :)

Yes, I am quite a positive and easy going person - but when I've not had enough sleep, my actions are totally upside down sometimes. I find myself in arguments with people even where I really don't care that much about the argument itself.

I also suffer with depression and anxiety and have used recitation of the heart sutra extremely comforting, if not challenging at first. Of course there hasn't been any one-thing-fits-all help for me though I can tell you some of the things that have helped me maintain sleep. (I often can't sleep until I'm massively tired, like at 5-7am.)

I will listen to audiobooks on youtube, and also ASMR videos (just search ASMR in youtube and you'll find them). And though as a super zen master I shouldn't say this, a little bit of wine in the evening can also help, but be careful with that as depression can worsen with alcahol.

Also making sure you spend time outside, especially in the cold. Helping to really 'feel' the warm cosiness of bed and your body kind of falling in love with sleep can really come from being quite cold outside before you get into bed. And to remember to never panic and that sleep is not important. (the thought that sleep is important, is a disturbance to sleep) and so let that thought go.

Anyway, yes, sleeplessness can really effect our personality.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:23 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry
Did you get blood work done? Are you deficient in vitamins or other health issues? Are you eating well? Do you have support?

I always felt as though I was lacking in vitamins and what have you, but blood tests apparently prove otherwise. About three months ago, I started to take a popular brand of vitamins, which apparently contain everything needed at the minimum level, with the addition of omegas. Since then, my nails seem to grow faster, and my hair is possibly gaining some thickness, but in all other ways I actually feel worse. I don't get the energy people say they get from the vitamins, and I've been ill a lot since taking them. I'm not giving up on them yet, however, as perhaps my body is going through one of those negative transitions before it feels better. That being said, I could definitely eat better, though I've found over the last few years that even when I do eat well, it doesn't seem to have any effect. I think it's a lot of things combined, really, and it's just going to take time and a strict level of perserverance. I cave in very easily with it just because I'm 'tired' of trying.

Thanks all for your contributions to the topic.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:18 PM
Master
Vitamins aren't always the answer for everyone. If you are well nourished, eating multi-vitamins won't be helpful. I can only take the D's and folate. Multi-vitamins give me kidney stones so I try to eat a variety of wholesome foods instead to get the maximum nutrients/ benefits. My grandparents used high quality gingseng teas for energy boosts but my parents and I never really got into it. I sincerely hope that you find what you are looking for. Believe in yourself. You can do it.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:41 AM
Ascender
If i am really tired….Im a grump

" And can any of you by worrying add a single hour to the span of life?"

Jesus Christ