Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 20-08-2019, 10:18 AM
Uday_Advaita Uday_Advaita is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 70
 
REALITY

REALITY

The sages say that the ultimate Reality is right in front of you. By not being able to perceive it, you are not missing something “Important”, but you are simply missing the “Obvious”.

Genetically are we programmed not to see the Reality?

Looking at the record of human existence on this planet, barring a few hundreds in every generation, the rest of the populace did not get the taste of Reality at all. Even among thousands of seekers, very few are able transcend beyond the screen that separates the illusion from the ultimate Reality.

Though the search for Reality goes on relentlessly, one is not sure as to where one is going to reach or is the Goal posts getting constantly moved. Or what one is going to encounter beyond the screen.

Is it necessary to really know how an electronic gadget that we use everyday is designed or to know the source code (program) of a computer App that we use every minute? Even if you find out and know the design or the program, how does that help. A normal user who knows the operations manual would be able to use these Apps as well as a person who has studied and understood the program.

Is not the gadget or the App acts as an interface between the user and its reality?

Similarly, this phenomenal universe (which you are part of, but not separate from) acts as an interface between you and the ultimate Reality.

The ultimate Reality is just beneath the interface. How do we overcome our limitations and see it?

Or are we simply missing the “obvious”

Namaskar
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 20-08-2019, 01:26 PM
Unseeking Seeker Unseeking Seeker is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: India
Posts: 3,242
  Unseeking Seeker's Avatar
***

My view is that we are missing the obvious as you put it. If we follow the guidance of our conscience we are in inner alignment. The inner manifests in outer harmony in thought, word & deed.

Once aligned, we connect to the Divine and then ascent of consciousness follows automatically.

***
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 26-08-2019, 04:23 PM
Miss Hepburn Miss Hepburn is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southwest, USA
Posts: 14,696
  Miss Hepburn's Avatar
Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uday_Advaita
REALITY
...the populace did not get the taste of Reality at all. Even among thousands of seekers, very few are able
transcend beyond the screen that separates the illusion from the ultimate Reality.

*Is it necessary to really know how an electronic gadget that we use everyday is designed ...
*Is not the gadget or the App acts as an interface between the user and its reality?

The ultimate Reality is just beneath the interface.
*How do we overcome our limitations and see it?

*Or are we simply missing the “obvious”
Just saw this...very good!
I like the interface realization...and you're right to ask...Do we need to know all the workings of a light switch? No.
We can, of course, no harm.

You ask about 'limitations' and missing the obvious?
My take would be...We actually have no limitations in reality.
We place paper chains on our wrists...that can be snapped with such ease.

How? One way helps: Repeating truth to ourselves so it goes deep re-programing our subconscious mind
to know we can be and do and have all that we are capable of...and there is no limit, no boundaries...not even
this physical place with gravity and the appearance of matter
can stop us.
Wasn't this part of what Jesus and other masters have tried to demonstrate?
Matter? pffftt...Walk right through...water? Walk right on it.
The body? ..dematerialize it and appear as if you are ascending into Heaven. (It's making your atoms be farther apart,
I mean that's all matter is - atoms glued very close together, right?
I think you know this stuff from our talks.)


Desire overcomes limitations. Knowledge overcomes limitations.
And practice.
Some will become vegetarians, use fewer spices, stop all pollutants - sugar, caffeine, tobacco,
alcohol, white flour...to cleanse the body,
to help get more centered --feeling your core.

Living a simple life to detach a bit from the distractions (my enemy!!!!)...
Listen to and read only uplifting spiritual things...surround yourself with what ever inspires you to keep on track...
could be a chanting mantras CD in the background, pictures of yogis...paste quotes around in places...whatever
we need to do to keep what we really desire in the forefront of our minds...see?

Because the mind wants to take the path of least resistance...to sit in a recliner and flip thru the channels maybe.
But, no-- true devotees or seekers of Self-realization can't do that.
Next, it will be eating pizza with pepperoni and grabbing a cold one...
coke or beer all the same.

I could say more!
__________________
.,



"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...Meditate unceasingly,
that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence"
~~Lahiri Mahasaya, the guru of Yogananda's guru

I have no scientific evidence for anything I say.
Better to PM me if you want me to see a post to me. I miss a lot.







Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 26-08-2019, 09:33 PM
iamthat iamthat is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Golden Bay, New Zealand
Posts: 1,398
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uday_Advaita
The ultimate Reality is just beneath the interface. How do we overcome our limitations and see it?

Knowledge of Reality is a state of consciousness, not a state of mind. If we go within and raise our consciousness by expanding into a greater state, then we see Reality both within and without.

Peace
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 27-08-2019, 12:25 AM
Miss Hepburn Miss Hepburn is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southwest, USA
Posts: 14,696
  Miss Hepburn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
If we go within and raise our consciousness by expanding into a greater state,
then we see Reality both within and without.
Could you also say expand your awareness?I think if I heard either phrase in my 20s I wouldn't have
known exactly what they meant...even now it would be hard to describe or teach.
__________________
.,



"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...Meditate unceasingly,
that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence"
~~Lahiri Mahasaya, the guru of Yogananda's guru

I have no scientific evidence for anything I say.
Better to PM me if you want me to see a post to me. I miss a lot.







Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 27-08-2019, 02:48 AM
Unseeking Seeker Unseeking Seeker is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: India
Posts: 3,242
  Unseeking Seeker's Avatar
***

Or possibly we may say that we simply shift our attention into deepening bands of silence, the ‘deepening’ of each band arising from reducing subtler layers of association with the ego or in-form consciousness.

Our infinity within already is and therefore there is no coming or going or doing. Simply disrobing contaminants of delusion is all we need to do or rather undo. Beginning by stilling the stillness and then allowing stillness Itself to still our being.

Memory drawn imagery and intuitive anticipation being involuntary spasms of the ego reflex interfere with meditation even within the vibrant void of emptiness (fullness).

Even the aspect of surrender presupposes a surrenderer surrendering being equivalent to a doer doing and so reversing polarity we allow the flow of dynamic stillness to still our conscious and subconscious mind. As all images fall aside, the superconscious then shines forth in its pristinity as one with the That Oneness in unmistakable certainty & clarity.

***
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 27-08-2019, 09:07 AM
Uday_Advaita Uday_Advaita is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 70
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Just saw this...very good!
I like the interface realization...and you're right to ask...Do we need to know all the workings of a light switch? No.
We can, of course, no harm.

You ask about 'limitations' and missing the obvious?
My take would be...We actually have no limitations in reality.
We place paper chains on our wrists...that can be snapped with such ease.

How? One way helps: Repeating truth to ourselves so it goes deep re-programing our subconscious mind
to know we can be and do and have all that we are capable of...and there is no limit, no boundaries...not even
this physical place with gravity and the appearance of matter
can stop us.
Wasn't this part of what Jesus and other masters have tried to demonstrate?
Matter? pffftt...Walk right through...water? Walk right on it.
The body? ..dematerialize it and appear as if you are ascending into Heaven. (It's making your atoms be farther apart,
I mean that's all matter is - atoms glued very close together, right?
I think you know this stuff from our talks.)


Desire overcomes limitations. Knowledge overcomes limitations.
And practice.
Some will become vegetarians, use fewer spices, stop all pollutants - sugar, caffeine, tobacco,
alcohol, white flour...to cleanse the body,
to help get more centered --feeling your core.

Living a simple life to detach a bit from the distractions (my enemy!!!!)...
Listen to and read only uplifting spiritual things...surround yourself with what ever inspires you to keep on track...
could be a chanting mantras CD in the background, pictures of yogis...paste quotes around in places...whatever
we need to do to keep what we really desire in the forefront of our minds...see?

Because the mind wants to take the path of least resistance...to sit in a recliner and flip thru the channels maybe.
But, no-- true devotees or seekers of Self-realization can't do that.
Next, it will be eating pizza with pepperoni and grabbing a cold one...
coke or beer all the same.

I could say more!

Many thanks for addressing questions raised by me and suggesting some interesting pathways. In the process of delimiting the limitations, I am finding myself at cross road where lately the "Hows and Whens" are happening more frequently than the desire to let it go...
Hopefully the pathways will find me.
Namaskar
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 27-08-2019, 09:40 AM
Uday_Advaita Uday_Advaita is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 70
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
***

Or possibly we may say that we simply shift our attention into deepening bands of silence, the ‘deepening’ of each band arising from reducing subtler layers of association with the ego or in-form consciousness.

Our infinity within already is and therefore there is no coming or going or doing. Simply disrobing contaminants of delusion is all we need to do or rather undo. Beginning by stilling the stillness and then allowing stillness Itself to still our being.

Memory drawn imagery and intuitive anticipation being involuntary spasms of the ego reflex interfere with meditation even within the vibrant void of emptiness (fullness).

Even the aspect of surrender presupposes a surrenderer surrendering being equivalent to a doer doing and so reversing polarity we allow the flow of dynamic stillness to still our conscious and subconscious mind. As all images fall aside, the superconscious then shines forth in its pristinity as one with the That Oneness in unmistakable certainty & clarity.

***

I understand that Silent sitting is very rewarding. Is that what you mean by "deepening bands of silence"
My teacher had said this about Silent sitting:
There is only one rule - that there are no rules to be followed when sitting in silence.
Whatever thoughts, questions, Hows,whens etc - let them come and sit with you. Do not block, avoid or throw away anything. As they appear, they may disappear.

I did find Silent Sitting very useful - However, while sitting, totally letting it go is not happening.
Probably that's what you meant by Surrender.
May be involuntary Surrender is the word!
Namaskar
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 27-08-2019, 11:31 AM
Unseeking Seeker Unseeking Seeker is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: India
Posts: 3,242
  Unseeking Seeker's Avatar
***

@ Uday

What I mean by deepening silence is that after thoughts and images which come and go ... after they subside substantially, the observer or witness looking at the movement ... the observer too must disappear since the observer carries latent memories from which it anticipates trajectories of spiritual experience before the experience unfolds.

What is left is pure awareness without association to form in as much as we are able to attain such a state. The higher the degree of dissolution, the deeper is the silence or stillness.

***
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 27-08-2019, 12:48 PM
Miss Hepburn Miss Hepburn is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southwest, USA
Posts: 14,696
  Miss Hepburn's Avatar
Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uday_Advaita
My teacher had said this about Silent sitting:
There is only one rule - that there are no rules to be followed when sitting in silence.
Whatever thoughts, questions, Hows,whens etc - let them come and sit with you.
Do not block, avoid or throw away anything.
As they appear, they may disappear.

I did find Silent Sitting very useful - However, while sitting, totally letting it go is not happening.
Hi Uday,

You can do that.
But, this is my input on the above:

I don't block a thought, exactly...but I certainly do not let them 'sit with me'!
" You can't control the birds flying over head...
but you can certainly stop one from making a nest in your hair."
And that's what they do...it's their very nature.

OMG, that's all I need !
I don't let thoughts 'sit with me', leading to other thoughts when I'm driving my car, even!!
Why would I do that while stilling my thoughts to be able to perceive
what only can be in utter peaceful stillness? You see?
(Unless I was creating, an idea popped in...or pondering the Holy Nature of God... you see?)


It's like letting an insane person loose in my house!
"Here, have free range, I'll just watch you." Um... no.

One silly, useless thought could lead to a path of reliving anger, embarrassment, a plan of revenge, depression, regret, low self
esteem, jealousy, indignation, judgment of another--you name it!
Ask your teacher again.
Show him this. Tell me his comment.

Like a baby on a bed that has wandered to the edge...you never get upset, harshly pick up the baby
and harshly place him in the center again. Right?
So just as with your wandering thoughts...chuckle, then gently with ease, refocus your mind on what you want to focus on...
Third eye, the Inner Sound Current, the energy/power behind the breath
that is your Source...for example....like placing a needle back in it's groove, gently...with a smile.


Thoughts dissipate like smoke when you are enjoying yourself in observing
peaceful wonderful things, ie,
becoming aware of the subtle and previously invisible and inaudible...they peak their heads out like playing peek-a-boo...
they were there all along waiting for you to find them.
__________________
.,



"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...Meditate unceasingly,
that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence"
~~Lahiri Mahasaya, the guru of Yogananda's guru

I have no scientific evidence for anything I say.
Better to PM me if you want me to see a post to me. I miss a lot.







Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums