Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 28-01-2019, 03:31 PM
Seeker

illness anxiety

Does anyone have anxiety about getting sick. Everytime I have a change in my body my mind starts running worst case scenarios. I have come so far with my anxiety and spirituality but I can't seem to move past this. any advice?
Old 28-01-2019, 06:06 PM
Newbie ;)

hi what you can do is over rule your own thoughts and say things to your self
like that 'you know you will not get ill' and 'only good things will happen to you'
as to turn the tide on thoughts you don't like coming to you
Old 28-01-2019, 07:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngje847
Does anyone have anxiety about getting sick. Everytime I have a change in my body my mind starts running worst case scenarios. I have come so far with my anxiety and spirituality but I can't seem to move past this. any advice?

I have had this.

It stemmed from my fear of suffering. I thought I feared death itself once upon a time, but I realised I feared suffering before death even more. Once upon a time I feared to get my heart broken. Then I realised I feared how it would break.

I had certain sensations during certain unwell stages in my life as a child . Those triggers in sensation created feelings around what I didn’t want to go through again. I didn’t want to have to feel through similar experiences. Then when you magnify that by perceived awareness of what treatments and suffering people go through with serious illness, you have the picture in your mind, and it’s something in me that decided I needed to be afraid of- those old memories and current awareness of suffering, inclusive of really horrible ways people suffer and die, you now have a nicely bound package of self. These creations and those feelings created -‘I don’t want to suffer’ . ‘I don’t want to get sick’.

Later on I also realised I am very sensitive with regards to my physical body. And To pain and sensations. The clearer my sensitivity became without fears the less I worried, because I realised i was able to listen, in clarity and know how to take care of my body. Fear created an aversion to not want to feel or revisit sensations in my body, plus the unknown of it all.

Am I going to live or die in all this?- that’s the big one. How will I suffer through all this?-fear of the unknown. Will I lose control of myself?-that’s pretty big too.

Senses are often conditioned through all suffering. They have to be cleared to gain the fullness of clarity and awareness to overcome this. To know you can listen to your body that deep and connected to take care of yourself.
Old 28-01-2019, 10:48 PM
Master
Healing is easy so you shouldn't worry.. you just have to try following mankind's natural diet as best you can and then you won't have issues. We are supposed to be frugivores that eat mostly fruit, and obviously most people don't do that so most people get sick and die sooner..

There are lots of other natural substances like herbs that help heal amazingly too. You really don't need to worry unless you keep consuming things that are acidifying which is where disease generally stems from. If you eat mostly raw food, even if it is not all fruit, you will heal a great deal. just have trust and faith in nature and your body's natural state of homeostasis which means it is working toward healing itself allll the time. help it by supporting it with nature the way the divine intended and there's nothing to worry about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5n_bRmMA5Q
Old 28-01-2019, 10:53 PM
Advice? Yes, control the mind.
Focus on all that is wonderful and good and happy and vibrant!
Banish these thoughts and your anxiety will be gone..like a puff of smoke that dissipates.
You are in control...realize your power over these damaging errant thoughts.
I had to ...it works. Yay!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 29-01-2019, 01:53 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
I have had this.

It stemmed from my fear of suffering. I thought I feared death itself once upon a time, but I realised I feared suffering before death even more. Once upon a time I feared to get my heart broken. Then I realised I feared how it would break.

I had certain sensations during certain unwell stages in my life as a child . Those triggers in sensation created feelings around what I didn’t want to go through again. I didn’t want to have to feel through similar experiences. Then when you magnify that by perceived awareness of what treatments and suffering people go through with serious illness, you have the picture in your mind, and it’s something in me that decided I needed to be afraid of- those old memories and current awareness of suffering, inclusive of really horrible ways people suffer and die, you now have a nicely bound package of self. These creations and those feelings created -‘I don’t want to suffer’ . ‘I don’t want to get sick’.

Later on I also realised I am very sensitive with regards to my physical body. And To pain and sensations. The clearer my sensitivity became without fears the less I worried, because I realised i was able to listen, in clarity and know how to take care of my body. Fear created an aversion to not want to feel or revisit sensations in my body, plus the unknown of it all.

Am I going to live or die in all this?- that’s the big one. How will I suffer through all this?-fear of the unknown. Will I lose control of myself?-that’s pretty big too.

Senses are often conditioned through all suffering. They have to be cleared to gain the fullness of clarity and awareness to overcome this. To know you can listen to your body that deep and connected to take care of yourself.

Thanks for these words. I resonated with a few things you said. I think I am struggling to see where the fear is stemming from. I don't know that I am necessarily petrified of suffering or dying. I think part of it comes from feeling like it will be out of my control. Not having control of a situation is probably a big part of the fear and also worrying about my young kids if I am gone or sick.

I have been listening to deepak chopra audio books and he something similar to you that if I am too focused on the fear of a symptom I won't be able to listen to what my body is trying to tell me. This made sense to me and feels like the universe is really trying to get this message to me. I think I am just not understanding it on the deeper level of accepting it completely. I have lived so long this way how do I start listening to my body. I know I am very sensitive to feelings in my body or changes and I always notice them but usually I jump to fear and try to rationalize them away as normal or as long as its not deadly I can continue with the discomfort or issue. I do not think I have really connected my body mind and spirit to truly realize that my body is intelligent and connected to me and will tell me what I need.
Old 29-01-2019, 01:57 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
Healing is easy so you shouldn't worry.. you just have to try following mankind's natural diet as best you can and then you won't have issues. We are supposed to be frugivores that eat mostly fruit, and obviously most people don't do that so most people get sick and die sooner..

There are lots of other natural substances like herbs that help heal amazingly too. You really don't need to worry unless you keep consuming things that are acidifying which is where disease generally stems from. If you eat mostly raw food, even if it is not all fruit, you will heal a great deal. just have trust and faith in nature and your body's natural state of homeostasis which means it is working toward healing itself allll the time. help it by supporting it with nature the way the divine intended and there's nothing to worry about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5n_bRmMA5Q

Thank you for this information. I definitely connect with what you are saying but so far have found it impractical for me to live with a restricted diet. I don't think I have completely connected to the idea to want to make those changes for myself and not just because I feel like I am supposed to. For something to be sustainable for me I need to take it slowly or deeply connect with the belief that it is best for me. I feel your message came to me when I needed it to plant the seed in myself to grow in this direction. thank you
Old 29-01-2019, 04:18 PM
Knower

Quote:
Thank you for this information. I definitely connect with what you are saying but so far have found it impractical for me to live with a restricted diet.
If that's the case then don't force it. Restrictive dieting creates a feeling of lack, your body freaks out and goes into fight/flight mode - anxiety, lack of focus, vertigo, fatigue among others. Your adrenals get shot out and then you get cravings for junk food to replenish your stressed out body.

I've been there and the more food you take out the more it dominoes because then you find it hard to digest more and more food. Not to mention the mental discipline and willpower you use up. The only solution was to eat whatever you felt like eating. At first, it's a crazy idea but you basically signal to your brain that all is well and you can meet its needs. I think I was led to this after reading Louise Hay's 'You Can Heal Yourself' book - get your emotional issues sorted first. I realised that focussing on trying to have perfect health, more energy and no sickness I was attracting more trying. The attaining process but not the gain. Once you let go you get out of your own way and your body signals to you what it needs naturally. No expert can tell you what your unique body requires.

After a couple of years it levelled out for me and I eat very clean nowadays (organic fruit, veg, meat sometimes dairy, sometimes bread), not because I should but because I became more attuned to what food I was personally drawn to. No 'don't eat this' lists and I still infrequently eat out/takeaway. I now have no anxiety, no health issues, rarely get a flu/virus - max 1 a year if at all.

All the best, youngje847, and may you receive peace of mind and perfect health
Old 29-01-2019, 06:26 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus
If that's the case then don't force it. Restrictive dieting creates a feeling of lack, your body freaks out and goes into fight/flight mode - anxiety, lack of focus, vertigo, fatigue among others. Your adrenals get shot out and then you get cravings for junk food to replenish your stressed out body.

I've been there and the more food you take out the more it dominoes because then you find it hard to digest more and more food. Not to mention the mental discipline and willpower you use up. The only solution was to eat whatever you felt like eating. At first, it's a crazy idea but you basically signal to your brain that all is well and you can meet its needs. I think I was led to this after reading Louise Hay's 'You Can Heal Yourself' book - get your emotional issues sorted first. I realised that focussing on trying to have perfect health, more energy and no sickness I was attracting more trying. The attaining process but not the gain. Once you let go you get out of your own way and your body signals to you what it needs naturally. No expert can tell you what your unique body requires.

After a couple of years it levelled out for me and I eat very clean nowadays (organic fruit, veg, meat sometimes dairy, sometimes bread), not because I should but because I became more attuned to what food I was personally drawn to. No 'don't eat this' lists and I still infrequently eat out/takeaway. I now have no anxiety, no health issues, rarely get a flu/virus - max 1 a year if at all.

All the best, youngje847, and may you receive peace of mind and perfect health

Thanks Taurus, your words are very inspiring. I have been on a similar journey with myself of giving myself permission to eat whatever I want and I am finding over time I am eating more and more of what my body needs. I think it will take me some time but hope to get there eventually!
Old 30-01-2019, 04:46 AM
Knower

That's really awesome =] So, in that aspect you are, in fact, listening to your body. This'll snowball positively into other areas of your life and is another way you are actively improving on listening to your intuition. So, perhaps, you are making a start on understanding and incorporating Deepak Chopra's teachings.

Quote:
I have been listening to deepak chopra audio books and he something similar to you that if I am too focused on the fear of a symptom I won't be able to listen to what my body is trying to tell me. This made sense to me and feels like the universe is really trying to get this message to me. I think I am just not understanding it on the deeper level of accepting it completely. I have lived so long this way how do I start listening to my body.