Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 23-10-2019, 08:05 AM
Deactivated Account
I'm going to paste some text from "A Course in Miracles" , ACIM (Sparkly edition)

from (Chapter 3, Retraining the Mind)
Quote:
The crucifixion did NOT establish the Atonement.The Resurrection did.
This is a point which many very sincere Christians have misunderstood.
No-one who is free of the scarcity-error could POSSIBLY make this mistake.
If the crucifixion is seen from an upside-down point of view,it DOES appear as if God
permitted,and even encouraged,one of his Sons to suffer BECAUSE he was good.
and
Quote:
Yet the real Christian would have to pause and ask,“How could this be?” Is it likely that
God Himself would be capable of the kind of thinking which His
own words have clearly stated is unworthy of man?
and going to end this post with:
Quote:
The Resurrection demonstrated that NOTHING can destroy truth.
Good can withstand ANY form of evil because light abolishes ALL forms of darkness
this resonates with me.

ACIM has very nice explanations of many things. And if you are interested in ACIM, soon you will understand what the Bible has meant, with most of the things.

And that now-a-days the Bible needs a bit of more research is clearly demonstrated when you see this fact:

- The castles and kings are, almost all, gone now.

So you have to research the meaning, for them, to be able to understand what it means for humans, to be able to understand what it means for the Spirit.
Old 24-10-2019, 06:30 AM
Ascender

Hello all. please forgive the shortcomings in my attempt to communicate the following.

The growth of knowledge--which should not be confused as an increase in intelligence--may be thought of as constant addition to a shoreline. The existing shore is what is already known with "new" knowledge being constantly added.

This "new" knowledge is derived from, developed from, what is already known, and is described and communicated in terms using the vernacular, beliefs and understanding of what is already known.

Sometimes however, it does seem that a growth in knowledge is more like the sudden appearance, or apparition, of an off-shore island.

Whoever wishes to communicate this new knowledge to those on the shoreline faces the great dilemma of how to do so using the accepted vernacular, understanding and beliefs associated with what is already known and accepted.

How to cross the void between the existing shoreline and the apparent off-shore island.

The choice may be to do just that-- to use the currently known together with associated references in as a best possible attempt to communicate this new knowledge--accepting that for the moment at least it may not be
possible for the full extent of this new knowledge to be understood, accepting that all that is currently possible is to communicate an inkling of what may someday become known.

Hoping, perhaps knowing, that someday the shoreline will someday extend to encompass the island--at which time the fullness of the knowledge represented by that island will become fully understood.

As this happens the complete relevance of what has been hinted at becomes suddenly realised.

petex
Old 25-10-2019, 07:50 AM
Master
Interesting hypothesis.

I love your analogy.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 26-10-2019, 02:44 AM
Ascender

Hello BigJohn and all.

Pondering, wandering tangentially,-- then perhaps neither wholly hypothetical nor wholly allegoric when contemplating on the role which islands and other forms of detached location have/had in the radiating of knowledge?

petex
Old 28-10-2019, 02:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariaecheflame
I really enjoyed reading your contribution here Amilius and yes I am quite curious as to what you meant in one of your final paragraphs about Jesus being appointed our world for his redemption and evolution?
Echoes my thoughts - somewhat. From a footnote in my treatise (pdf freely downloadable), titled What Did Jesus Really Mean?:

"Some postulate there may be circumstantially demanding reasons why fully ‘mature’ souls may choose to incarnate (again), however. Those ‘seen’ as being and doing so are often proclaimed to be 'avatars' of The Entity of Life Itself, which is believed to make a ‘personal’ stage ‘appearance’ when and as there is a sufficiently pressing ‘need’ for what is thought of as ‘divine’ intervention. Be that as it may or may not be, my (logical, I think) supposition is that, having become Cosmically ‘enlightened’ and ‘adept’ by way of learning their soul-educating ‘lessons’ and accomplishing their soul‑developing ‘tasks’, the souls of Earth-school ‘graduates’ just embark on one of any number of possible post-incarnational ‘careers’. (To anyone who thinks otherwise, I ask: What is the logic of a fully matured soul ‘returning’ to ‘do’ what some other soul(s) may beneficially learn by and consequently mature by way of ‘doing’ and leading-n-teaching others to also ‘do’?)"
Old 28-10-2019, 03:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by weareunity
Hello all. please forgive the shortcomings in my attempt to communicate the following.

The growth of knowledge--which should not be confused as an increase in intelligence--may be thought of as constant addition to a shoreline. The existing shore is what is already known with "new" knowledge being constantly added

petex
Hello petex. Here's my perspective regarding the possibility of the kind of knowledge transmission (bridge?) that your post contemplatively presents (excerpted from my treatise):
Jesus’ prescient depiction of the next such ‘coming’ event, wherein those who are prepared to do so soulfully ‘wake up’ to the Whole Truth and therefore enter into and thereafter continue to consciously live in communion with the Totality of Life while others ‘fall’ by the wayside and get recyled (so to speak), to wit: “As the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. … they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.” (Matthew 24:27‑30), does not mean that he will then literally flash across the sky and be seen everywhere as he ‘gloriously’ orbits the planet in person. People who are emotionally invested in worshiping Jesus himself as a super-magical genie kind of God will undoubtedly regard the explanation that follows as being unacceptably heretical, but assuming you are not one such – why would you still be engaged in exploring this thesis otherwise? – let me submit that the above-quoted statement only makes real sense if one interprets it metaphorically, with “heaven” being understood as referencing the realm of consciousness and (so) “the clouds” as referencing the particularities of ideological constellations, or philosophies, within it.

“The Son of man” alludes to the corpus of human apprehension, or ‘knowing’ (often spoken of as Cosmic Consciousness) pertaining to Life as a Whole; that is, to the entirety of the living system composed by and of our creative Source (i.e. God, ‘the Father’), All That Is (i.e., The Entity of Creation, ‘the Son’, a/k/a Christ), and everyone’s relationally interfused interaction(s) therewith and therein, as postulated and discussed hitherto herein [i.e. in this treatise]. The “lightning” that shines “out of the east … even unto the west” analogically dramatizes the way in which powerfully functional thoughts, i.e. ‘knowings’, are psychically transmitted and received and (so) spread throughout our noosphere.* The overall implication, of course, being that consciousness of what the words “I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you” (John 14:20) super-succinctly signify will illuminatingly permeate the thinking of holistically inclined people wherever they may be located all over the world.

[Footnote*: A noteworthy example of noospheric knowledge-gestalt transmission-and-reception phenomenon, well documented by clearly consequent changes in course of human history, is how Martin Luther’s knowing that the Pope wasn’t the sole, or ‘central’, interpreter and transmitter of godly truth showed up in Copernicus’ knowing that the earth wasn’t the ‘center’ of the universe and that it and the other planets in our solar system all similarly revolved around our sun, which knowings eventually ‘blossomed’ in the enterprise now labeled Modern Science, the entirety of which grew out of the knowing that the ‘laws’ or ‘principles’ of Creation were not ‘centrally’ dictated but ‘universally’ pervasive, i.e. the knowing that Nature operates the same way in relation to any and all ‘participant-observers’ regardless of their relative space-time location or energy condition.]

Many speak of such prophesied ‘happening’, wherein those who have developed to the point where they are ‘ripe’ in said regard become aware of the confluence of all Life and consequently choose to participate in Its Flow by whole-mind-n-heart-edly enjoying and devoting themselves to enriching and augmenting Its Love and Joy process, as the ‘Second Coming’ (of Christ, i.e. Cosmic-‘I’dentity, Consciousness), which they project as being yet to happen. Connoisseurs of the history of ideas and cultural evolution, however, recognize that this, slowly evolving at first but now exponentially rapidly accelerating, phenomenon has been underway for quite a while now, though the visibility of such trend is often clouded by the fact that the greater part of our population, even of those who proclaim themselves to be ‘Christians’, has not been and still isn’t spiritually in synch with it. I suggest keeping “Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few [relatively speaking] there be that find it.” (Matthew 7:13) in mind when viewing and contemplating the lay of the land in this regard.
Old 28-10-2019, 04:38 PM
Ascender

Hello davidsun and all.

The "first coming" may be depicted as light coming to the world.
--The island of illuminating knowledge as practice appearing.
This knowledge is seen through a glass darkly by those who are in contact with the practitioner--who is obliged to shape the story in terms which can be understood using the terminology and contemporary cultural references prevailing at that time and in that place. The teachings and practice of the practitioner are at odds with the interests of the authorities-- love as guide rather than observation of the law is always likely to be thought uncomfortably anarchic by those who rely for their power and position on control--either the control of knowledge or the control of persons. The practitioner knows this, and understands the consequences--walking the walk of the way to its --apparent--conclusion.
But it is not the conclusion, for love given freely and inspiration offered do not die.
Year upon year, setback upon setback, consequence upon consequence, illumination upon illumination, need upon need, the illuminating knowledge begins to be seen clearly, practiced often with different names--all becoming one.
This is the threshold, the shoreline reaching the island. This may be usefully understood as the "second coming"--- The world coming to the light.

petex
Old 28-10-2019, 04:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Hello davidsun and all.

This knowledge is seen through a glass darkly by those who are in contact with the practitioner--who is obliged to shape the story in terms which can be understood using the terminology and contemporary cultural references prevailing at that time and in that place. The teachings and practice of the practitioner are at odds with the interests of the authorities-- love as guide rather than observation of the law is always likely to be thought uncomfortably anarchic by those who rely for their power and position on control--either the control of knowledge or the control of persons. The practitioner knows this, and understands the consequences--walking the walk of the way to its --apparent--conclusion.
But it is not the conclusion, for love given freely and inspiration offered do not die.
Year upon year, setback upon setback, consequence upon consequence, illumination upon illumination, need upon need, the illuminating knowledge begins to be seen clearly, practiced often with different names--all becoming one.
This is the threshold, the shoreline reaching the island. This may be usefully understood as the "second coming"--- The world coming to the light.

petex

You write beautifully.
Old 28-10-2019, 06:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Hello davidsun and all.

petex
Yah, maan!

Here's the only qualification I made to this in my treatise:
Also, regarding how they conceptualize and (so) label it, bear in mind the fact that most of those who self-identify as ‘Christian’ have no meaningful acquaintance with other inspired wisdom traditions, and, even when they do, tend to simply dismiss the value of, or worse, project the darkness of their own psychologically unrecognized ‘shadow’ onto what these proclaim and teach. Idolatrous adulation of and devotion to Jesus himself is often so emotionally ingrained that many think he was the very first person to ever attain and self-transcendentally act and speak from an ‘identity’ of Cosmic Consciousness, so they believe and proclaim the flowering and fruition of the movement he instrumentally spearheaded (i.e. seeded) to be the second ‘coming’ (or ‘manifestation’) of his presence. But, while I too confess to holding Jesus in the highest regard because I [personally] have not come across any set of teachings which have struck me as being as penetratingly perspicacious and Love-and-Joy propagating as his, the fact is that there have clearly been others who have also knowingly spoken and acted ‘in the name’ of said Consciousness (albeit using different labels for It) when and as exigencies related to ‘the human condition’ stimulated It to ‘rise and shine’ (so to speak) in and through them in response to the needs and requirements of humanity at critical junctures in history. Here, for instance, is a well‑known (outside of strictly ‘Christian’ circles, that is) passage from Chapter 13 of The Bhagavad Gita (the title translates as The Song of God, by the way) which was composed several centuries before Jesus appeared on the world stage:

Constant yearning for the knowledge of Self, and pondering over the lessons of the great Truth – this is Wisdom, all else ignorance. I will speak to thee now of that great Truth which man ought to know, since by its means he will win immortal bliss – that which is without beginning, the Eternal Spirit which dwells in Me, neither with form, nor yet without it. Everywhere are Its hands and Its feet; everywhere It has eyes that see, heads that think and mouths that speak; everywhere It listens; It dwells in all the worlds; It envelops them all. Beyond the senses, It yet shines through every sense perception. Bound to nothing, It yet sustains everything. Unaffected by the Qualities, It still enjoys them all. It is within all beings, yet outside; motionless yet moving; too subtle to be perceived; far away yet always near. In all beings undivided, yet living in division, It is the upholder of all, Creator and Destroyer alike; It is the Light of lights, beyond the reach of darkness; the Wisdom, the only thing that is worth knowing or that wisdom can teach; the Presence in the hearts of all. Thus I have told thee in brief what Matter is, and the Self worth realizing and what is Wisdom. He who is devoted to Me knows; and assuredly he will enter into Me.
Old 28-10-2019, 10:17 PM
Ascender

Hello JosephineBloggs.

Thanks to the eye of the beholder. Xx