Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 13-11-2019, 08:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn
When one is enlightened more often than not, or most of the time, they don't have a need to incarnate in a human body anymore. So yea everyone on this planet is still working on it or reality would not have chosen an animal body (human) as a fitting place for the consciousness.

Dealing with the negative behaviors and actions and habits of others goes hand in hand with living among other beings lost in the "animal" human body, mind, and experience. We too are lost in the animal human experience.

We can love bad people, understand them, and still out of love for self, not want to have relationships or interactions with them. So I can love and "forgive" everyone but that does not mean I then bring them into my life. To "forgive" and return to a relationship with them means they have changed and will no longer consciously or unconsciously do harm to me.

There is a huge range of human "personalities" from angelic to evil... and we all change from day to day and hour to hour in various ways. We change according to our age as well. We can be kind and loving one day, and stressed out and angry the next. But then some of us "try" or attempt to be "nice" and others don't care and in fact seek conflict. But we will all, eventually, return to the nature of the source through the lessons and experiences we learn from on earth in an animal body. So everyone is where they are. I really don't see a need to "forgive" because I don't hate anyone. I may dislike what they do and how they behave, but they are what they are. Eventually they will change.

If I have experiences with mean ignorant persons, that is my karma. I do what I can do to not be affected by them. To remain with my inner and outer peace. To be the kind of "person" I would wish to be my friend. Unselfish, humble, without desire, calm, selfless.

' When one is enlightened more often than not, or most of the time, they don't have a need to incarnate in a human body anymore. '

Rebirth is determined by Karma, it's not a choice/need according to The Buddha's Teachings.
Enlightened beings are not exempt from ' Accumulated Karma ', which is the cause of Rebirths.

' In AN 5.292, the Buddha asserted that it is not possible to avoid experiencing the result of a karmic deed once it has been committed '
Old 13-11-2019, 08:46 AM
Master

Initiating a cause that brings about an effect driven by an intention rooted in separation from God and thereby out of alignment would, in my view create karma. Not otherwise.

On forgiveness, replacing the word with non-judging acceptance, the need to forgive is obviated.

Old 13-11-2019, 09:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

Initiating a cause that brings about an effect driven by an intention rooted in separation from God and thereby out of alignment would, in my view create karma. Not otherwise.

On forgiveness, replacing the word with non-judging acceptance, the need to forgive is obviated.

' I cannot forgive you because I have no grudge against you. '

The Buddha.

Sometimes judgments are necessary, Buddha certainly judged the Brahmins and others, it would depend on our intentions, are they for the benefit of others or for our own ego...
Judge with nonjudgmental awareness .
Old 13-11-2019, 10:16 AM
Master
Some basic facts are that most peeps love other peeps ..

When someone hurts those that we love there is a reaction had to the pain that is caused ..

There are always reasons why other's inflict pain upon other's and with understanding had one can see why ..

When we see why, we can forgive ..

Didn't jesus call out to God, forgive them for they know not what they do ..

If an individual doesn't feel or see the sufferings in self or other's then for sure there is nothing to forgive .

Not sure how many spiritual teacher's or masters fit that bill ..

I understand buddha's quote above, but in what context is he saying this ..

Would he say this to the same individual that for example wiped out his entire family in one foul swoop?

I doubt that he would not react at all .. One could say equally on an even par to his initial response, I would not react to your behaviour because I have no judgement of what you do .

Normal life doesn't work like that ..

x dazzle x
Old 13-11-2019, 10:24 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I have not 'really noticed' such practice on this site and elsewhere.

Forgiveness is a hard thing to witness.

It does not require any response, it is invisible and freeing unlike it's opposite.