Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 07-06-2020, 03:30 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
1 - How does Neo-Advaita address those seekers severely limited by conditioning?

2 - If there is already no distance whatsoever between seeker and sought and Oneness is already fully the state before and after then what's the need for Neo-Advaita? Isn't it just as meaningless as Advaita Vedanta and Neo-Vednata?

Do you see those two points you expressed are in direct contradiction? That is either everyone is a realized Buddha or Jesus or there is work to be done.

The solution of Neo Advaita is always the same. It is to include whatever is regarded as problematic as already Oneness manifest, which should not be difficult to do because you already believe that all is Brahman (Oneness), yet nevertheless it is amazing how often it is forgotten and off you go thinking there is something to be eliminated by practise when it is already an aspect of Oneness manifest that you are seeking to eliminate.

It is because of that forgetfullness that there is a need for the reminder of Neo Advaita, that all is already Oneness, including what tradition regards as problematic and in need of elimination/modification by practise. Its about a range of solutions being available to be resonated with or not depending on which suits the particular character of the seeker. Hopefully those solutions are not limited by tradition doing its usual dubious thing of attempting to invalidate any new approach.
Old 07-06-2020, 04:12 PM
Master

forgetfulness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
It is because of that forgetfullness that there is a need for the reminder of Neo Advaita, that all is already Oneness, including what tradition regards as problematic and in need of elimination/modification by practise. Its about a range of solutions being available to be resonated with or not depending on which suits the particular character of the seeker.
It is this forgetfulness that's what we seek to address by practice . This forgetfulness indicates it's not your true nature . You never forget your name. You never forget your relationships / kids / valuable possessions . When you forget this non-duality , it means it (non-duality) has really not resonated with you well and that's where the insistence of practice in this regards .

Nevertheless be aware that nobody has any vested interest in invalidating any new approach . You can very well pursue your chosen path . Your choice is respected.
Old 07-06-2020, 05:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitesh Shah
It is this forgetfulness that's what we seek to address by practice . This forgetfulness indicates it's not your true nature . You never forget your name. You never forget your relationships / kids / valuable possessions . When you forget this non-duality , it means it (non-duality) has really not resonated with you well and that's where the insistence of practice in this regards

Good post I assume you are familiar with Pratyabhijna or recognition as one of the tantra paths
Old 07-06-2020, 05:10 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
You may be right or wrong depending on how exactly this individual personal self is identified / defined/ associated . Try to put some 10-15 sentences in this aspect and probably you may get answer.

Here's something I would suggest and it's much broader. Understand the path that best resonates. Don't try to pound a square peg into a round hole, so to speak, as that does not do service to either the path or the seeker.

For those not comfortable with unqualified non-dualism (Advaita) I'd suggest looking into qualified non-dualism (Vishishtadvaita) or monistic theism (Kashmir Shaivism). I'm not all that familiar with either but they both seem to be deep and rich philosophies.
Old 07-06-2020, 06:00 PM
Master

Quote:
It is this forgetfulness that's what we seek to address by practice . This forgetfulness indicates it's not your true nature . You never forget your name. You never forget your relationships / kids / valuable possessions . When you forget this non-duality , it means it (non-duality) has really not resonated with you well and that's where the insistence of practice in this regards .

Nevertheless be aware that nobody has any vested interest in invalidating any new approach . You can very well pursue your chosen path . Your choice is respected.

It is already Oneness looking like you manifesting as the forgetting you seek to eliminate by practise. You are as totally connected to Oneness whilst forgetting as you are when remembering so nothing is achieved by changing from forgetting to remembering in terms of connection to Oneness because the connection to Oneness is already total no matter what state you are in. Oneness is already all states.
Old 07-06-2020, 06:09 PM
Master

knowledge of tantra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Good post I assume you are familiar with Pratyabhijna or recognition as one of the tantra paths
Frankly I don't have much knowledge of tantra though given time , I may like to learn it if its authentic and really adding some value to life.
Old 07-06-2020, 06:28 PM
Master

freedom for multiple path

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Here's something I would suggest and it's much broader. Understand the path that best resonates. Don't try to pound a square peg into a round hole, so to speak, as that does not do service to either the path or the seeker.

For those not comfortable with unqualified non-dualism (Advaita) I'd suggest looking into qualified non-dualism (Vishishtadvaita) or monistic theism (Kashmir Shaivism). I'm not all that familiar with either but they both seem to be deep and rich philosophies.

Agree with you that spirituality can have their own paths and if they are sincere and true to the real meaning of it , they can be realized souls .

Currently I am still understanding the question and related co-ordinates.
Old 08-06-2020, 01:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Nevertheless be aware that nobody has any vested interest in invalidating any new approach . You can very well pursue your chosen path. Your choice is respected.
Being a 'truth-digger' by profession, I have a 'vested' interest in 'testing' proclaimed 'approaches' as well as in 'contesting' those that are primarly, or excusively, self-serving.

Speaking of 'problems', iamit, I have found that 'smooth'-talkers (sophists who don't really 'walk' their 'talk') 'nest' every in (old as well as Neo ) branch of wisdom.

My 'solution'? Publicly speak real wisdom to folks - if they don't responsively/meaningfully engage with it, they will at least 'reveal' their brand of 'philosophy' as just the self-reifying 'clothing' that it really is.

There are no limits to the 'goals' that can be 'scored' in this kind of wisdom 'game' - infinite possibilities for meaningful fun! Albeit, such 'game' eventually gets 'old' with peeps who non-responsively simply repeat 'formulaic' sayings without meaningfully engaging commentary - in which case, I think the 'wise' think to do is to just play it with other members of the audience in mind (and heart!) - that is, if one doesn't simply choose to move on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXVJlw0bcLs

I hope this helps make the 'method' in what may seem to just be 'madness' on my part apparent.

Last edited by davidsun : 08-06-2020 at 06:21 PM.
Old 08-06-2020, 02:29 PM
Master

vested interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Being a 'truth-digger' by profession, I have a 'vested' interest in 'testing' proclaimed 'approaches' as well as in 'contesting' those that are primarly or excusively, self-serving.

Forgot to mention your vested interest !! BTW many on the forum share this vested interest of yours.
Old 08-06-2020, 02:48 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Here's a great truth.

“The line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts. This line shifts. Inside us, it oscillates with the years. And even within hearts overwhelmed by evil, one small bridgehead of good is retained." ~ Alexander Solzhenitsyn