Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 29-06-2020, 01:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEmbers

We are a very creative species, that is for sure!

I wonder, do you like to look for the positives in what you percieve "negative" experiences.

I was reminded of the importance of doing so a few days ago. I was feeling quite envious of someone but when I looked honestly at my own situation and considered the "positives" of it, I was reminded that I was existing in a perfect manifestation for me, it also reminded and empowered me of what choices to make to change my own "pick my own adventure".

Hi RedEmbers,

Do I like to look for positives in negative experiences?

Yes, I do, in almost exactly the same way you just mentioned, the "being reminded way". I say "almost" because I've learned that negative experiences occur to any and all for the same reason as positive experiences occur, which is ironic, but true.

The reason that any experience occurs, whether labeled positive or negative...is because all the principles of Life work perfectly, without exception, for anyone, anywhere, at anytime.

My takeaway lesson is: If you believe what is false, you will only be able to see what is false. But when you know what is true, you can see what is false and what is true.

That is power.

It's kinda comforting to understand that our ability to choose ABUNDANCE or LACK on purpose results in a life that won't change much...until WE DO!

Writing about that in the reference, below felt good.

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...59&postcount=6 Why Our Lives Don't Change Much
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)
Old 29-06-2020, 01:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Speaking of "pick your own adventrue" books and shows, I have been reading and watching a few of them lately

They were actually really useful with easing some of my anxiety issues because they show how there is no "wrong or right" answers, just choices. Nothing is "final" because you can always go back and try something different. They also teach kids (and grown up kids) how choosing is FUN and not to be feared.

As someone who was raised in a very fearful environment, I find these manifestations of lessons very useful.

Yes! I agree 100%. It's choices, our choices, that make all the difference.

Exactly what Bashar says in "Neutral Props", below: https://iasos.com/metaphys/bashar/#Neutral

"Imagine a story-line with a fork in the story, where the story could go either of two ways - one with a wonderful outcome and the other one totally unpleasant. You are at this "fork" in the story-line, and the interpretation that you assign to this neutral situation totally determines which fork in this story line you will take (which version of reality you are choosing to experience)."

...or "As a man thinks, so is he"....until he puts down the fork, and picks up a spoon to cut his steak! (Uh, that's a little dining utensil manifestation pun!)

Have I mentioned my strange sense of humor?
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 29-06-2020 at 01:42 AM. Reason: clarify inputs
Old 29-06-2020, 10:07 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
Yes! I agree 100%. It's choices, our choices, that make all the difference.

Exactly what Bashar says in "Neutral Props", below: https://iasos.com/metaphys/bashar/#Neutral

"Imagine a story-line with a fork in the story, where the story could go either of two ways - one with a wonderful outcome and the other one totally unpleasant. You are at this "fork" in the story-line, and the interpretation that you assign to this neutral situation totally determines which fork in this story line you will take (which version of reality you are choosing to experience)."

...or "As a man thinks, so is he"....until he puts down the fork, and picks up a spoon to cut his steak! (Uh, that's a little dining utensil manifestation pun!)

Have I mentioned my strange sense of humor?

Lol. I enjoy your humour, puns and all. I actually LOVE puns.

I love that storyline example with the fork in the road. I was actually just thinking about how most of what HAPPENS to/for me is actually entirely neautral and NOT until I attach my beliefs to it, it is usually just natural progression of my former decisions and feedback from those decisions.

I use that feedback to help me align to my preferences.
Old 30-06-2020, 12:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Lol. I enjoy your humour, puns and all. I actually LOVE puns.

I love that storyline example with the fork in the road. I was actually just thinking about how most of what HAPPENS to/for me is actually entirely neautral and NOT until I attach my beliefs to it, it is usually just natural progression of my former decisions and feedback from those decisions.

I use that feedback to help me align to my preferences.

Yes indeed! It's always our decisions that give us a "steak" in the outcome, even though we can get "forked" in the process!!
Old 01-07-2020, 10:01 PM
Master

Quote:
Yes indeed! It's always our decisions that give us a "steak" in the outcome, even though we can get "forked" in the process!!

Lol I like you,guthrio!

---------

Today, I gave myself the gift of asking for what I deserve. I was being undervalued! It felt good to revaluate myself.

I have been undervaluing myself!

Next up, project Revaluation.

What is my human life worth? Am I invaluable?!

How does one even begin to unpack this?!
Old 01-07-2020, 11:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Lol I like you,guthrio!

---------

Today, I gave myself the gift of asking for what I deserve. I was being undervalued! It felt good to revaluate myself.

I have been undervaluing myself!

Next up, project Revaluation.

What is my human life worth? Am I invaluable?!

How does one even begin to unpack this?!

RedEmbers,

Thanks!

My entire contribution to Spiritual Forums has been an ongoing conversation within myself, with others in this excellent sounding board. Much of what I've received I incorporated, some (not so much).

...but the puns, and the laughs, and the profound respect for our fellow SF colleagues, like you, makes the journey all worthwhile.

On the subject of unpacking?

Take it from my one of my wife's favorite activities garage sales. One person's junk is someone else's treasure: Value is in the eyes of the beholder. Our value, our worth, is in our own estimation.

Questions only you can answer:

Are you selling yourself short, by what you've brought into so far?
Are you holding on to junk or treasure?
Need help with the "appraisal" of your own worth?

Or as Will Smith shouted, who finally got his chance to fly an alien-made craft into space in the movie "Independence Day" (how timely, huh?)

I've got to get me one of these!!!

You may be surprised to realize that each of us has been blessed with the most awesome gift there could EVER be: Knowing Who We Really Are

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...3&postcount=92 What Is the Garden of You...Really?

Last edited by guthrio : 01-07-2020 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Add reference
Old 02-07-2020, 03:25 AM
Master

Quote:
RedEmbers,

Thanks!

My entire contribution to Spiritual Forums has been an ongoing conversation within myself, with others in this excellent sounding board. Much of what I've received I incorporated, some (not so much).

...but the puns, and the laughs, and the profound respect for our fellow SF colleagues, like you, makes the journey all worthwhile.

On the subject of unpacking?

Take it from my one of my wife's favorite activities garage sales. One person's junk is someone else's treasure: Value is in the eyes of the beholder. Our value, our worth, is in our own estimation.

Questions only you can answer:

Are you selling yourself short, by what you've brought into so far?
Are you holding on to junk or treasure?
Need help with the "appraisal" of your own worth?

Or as Will Smith shouted, who finally got his chance to fly an alien-made craft into space in the movie "Independence Day" (how timely, huh?)

I've got to get me one of these!!!

You may be surprised to realize that each of us has been blessed with the most awesome gift there could EVER be: Knowing Who We Really Are

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...3&postcount=92 What Is the Garden of You...Really?

Lol, I too feel like all of conversations are really just conversations with myself sometimes. The universe talks to itself.

I have never heard that particular interpretation of Eden before
I like it, it internalises matters and makes it real through the "being". We become the doting caretakers, that is something which fills me with a sense of pride.

Perhaps, I am invaluable, in an infinate universe.
Value, maybe is just another "belief".... i decide upon then

Thanks for letting me ramble and flow
Old 02-07-2020, 01:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Lol, I too feel like all of conversations are really just conversations with myself sometimes. The universe talks to itself.

I have never heard that particular interpretation of Eden before
I like it, it internalises matters and makes it real through the "being". We become the doting caretakers, that is something which fills me with a sense of pride.

Perhaps, I am invaluable, in an infinate universe.
Value, maybe is just another "belief".... i decide upon then

Thanks for letting me ramble and flow

That's why I joined Spiritual Forums.

To ramble, to flow, to find, to help, and to be helped.
Old 03-07-2020, 03:13 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Years ago on my birthday...I took the day off and decided that every single thing I did that day would be something I wanted to do...
something I consciously enjoyed....and only what I wanted to do...
not have lunch with someone on my birthday that asked, if I didn't care to...
Next day I did the same thing....and I have kept that up for maybe over a decade now.
Ha!

I have been slowly "levelling up" over the past few days, doing what I enjoy every day. So far these activities have only taken up part of the day.

I currently have a "10 day challange" where I am doing exactly what I want, when I want to, as soon as I feel excited about something, I do it before the fear kicks in! Then I embrace whatever experiences which come of it.

I am hoping that after a few days it will become my new normal state but in reality, I have no idea what will become of me haha, I suspect that I am aligning more to "my true self", a person whom I am becoming reaquainted with!

I will keep posting here cause it adds to the fun !
Old 03-07-2020, 03:58 PM
Master
Quote:
I have been slowly "levelling up" over the past few days, doing what I enjoy every day. So far these activities have only taken up part of the day.

I currently have a "10 day challange" where I am doing exactly what I want, when I want to, as soon as I feel excited about something, I do it before the fear kicks in! Then I embrace whatever experiences which come of it.

I am hoping that after a few days it will become my new normal state but in reality, I have no idea what will become of me haha, I suspect that I am aligning more to "my true self", a person whom I am becoming reaquainted with!

I will keep posting here cause it adds to the fun !

RedEmbers,

It is kinda fun having "no idea what will become of me haha, I suspect that I am aligning more to "my true self", a person whom I am becoming reaquainted with!"

Life is an infinitely wondrous Spiritual Forum...'meeting yourself anew" in every circumstance and person you encounter!

Last edited by guthrio : 03-07-2020 at 03:59 PM. Reason: clarify inputs