Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 17-12-2017, 02:12 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

the complacent nature of religion

at minimum, these 3 religions- christian, muslim and jew.. put complete faith in vague, static scriptures that were written eons ago. people who believe in these books are never critical, they accept no logical faults in the words.
Old 17-12-2017, 03:21 PM
Master
Strange isn't it.
Old 18-12-2017, 12:31 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

my understanding of christianity, is jesus was manic by example-claiming to be the son of god. being sure of love, he was able, with an open heart, to heal peoples suffering using mind with minimal physical effort- he was quite aware and understood concept of emotions. infinity grows like human ambition.
Old 18-12-2017, 02:55 AM
Master
I believe overall people are generally the same. There "truth" is what they been told it is. If you fallow a particular religion thats the truth thats been ingrained in your mind. Then there's people who set out to find there own "truth of faith" neater one is 100% right or wrong. But they all believe they are. Witch is kind of funny to me. But then again i am here looking for my own truth. So i believe its just human nature to look for something. All i do is try the best person i can everyday. I look for guidance outside the normal reglious guidelines and that works for me. So whatever helps you to grow go do it regardless of the reglious labels.
Old 18-12-2017, 06:12 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

just because there isnt sufficient record of events doesnt negate the witnesses observations. like how the bible has no pictures but, multiple accounts exist, similar in nature, of jesus works.

Last edited by akez24 : 18-12-2017 at 10:23 AM.
Old 18-12-2017, 09:13 AM
Master
Its true there is minimal proof anything spiritual exist and theres proof that one's mind will create things when under stress sutch as starvation, pain or emotional stress. But spirituality is one of them things that can be proven on a personal level. Spirituality is so personalized you really can't write a book or a manual on it and it be correct for everyone. Spirituality can't be judged as a whole either. I've hurd of countless people who claim to be and can market spirituality like a god but deep down there just mean and selfish. There's also people who would never even imagine deep down are the true spiritualist. But, you find what you seek, good or bad.
Old 21-12-2017, 12:59 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by akez24
at minimum, these 3 religions- christian, muslim and jew.. put complete faith in vague, static scriptures that were written eons ago. people who believe in these books are never critical, they accept no logical faults in the words.
I would say it's helpful to keep things in perspective. What you're describing here goes beyond religion; it's how most human beings relate to their existence. You could take that same description of yours and apply it to peoples' political beliefs, or their general beliefs about life, death and what lies beyond.

IMO, the broader, deeper and more interesting question and discussion has to do with complacent beliefs of any kind... with the way most people think, and conceptualize, and construct their thought world.
Old 21-12-2017, 01:30 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by akez24
put complete faith in vague, static scriptures that were written eons ago
Here's what I mean using an example of something very recent... Did you see the news reports about the Pentagon funding a UFO program? And that they released video footage of a UFO taken by an F-18 pilot? Well yesterday I watched a video of one of the major news channels interviewing the people involved. The two news hosts unsuccessfully tried and tried and tried to get one of their guests to unequivocally state that "Aliens are here!"

And there it is. That very same complacent conceptualizing and belief.

Call it the religion of belief in aliens. Faith in vague, static concepts of aliens and UFOs, derived from decades of science fiction scriptures.

The complacent mind thinks: if it was a UFO, then it MUST have been extra-terrestrial. And given it was caught on camera, it MUST have been a physical phenomenon, and it MUST be a physical spacecraft of some kind.

It's not just religion. We could break down all beliefs in this same way. That includes (what seems to be) your belief that this problem is specific to religion. That is a complacent belief as well.